Hangouts on an Android phone

Runnerwrites

Really Experienced
Joined
May 20, 2016
Posts
294
So here's a question for the experienced and techy. If you have an Android phone and the login you serious your phone up with is shared by your significant other, how do you use a different gmail account to log in to Hangouts so they don't find out?
 
I may have tried, and then gave up on this, so "I think it can be done" is my only (worthless) answer.

Not sure however that I trust Google "let's combine every online account into one identity" philosophy, however. But I think I just got stuck at remembering the password for the other "more anonymous" gmail account that I originally wanted to use. I do remember it being possible, however. Since there's accounts and "add account" and I'd assume you could use an account that the phone isn't tied to.

I think however you're really looking for a app that creates a hidden identity on the phone that you can log into, so when you aren't using the phone and it gets picked up and browsed by anyone else, they can't see any activity from the hidden account.

Hangouts displays a "messages" bubble on the login and blinks the indicator...but I think you can turn that off. Still I don't think it's secure enough for what you're wanting to do.
 
Set up a new Google account in the settings menu. Then go to the sync options and turn off all syncing for the new account... Oh and when it asks you to import contacts then say no!
 
Set up a new Google account in the settings menu. Then go to the sync options and turn off all syncing for the new account... Oh and when it asks you to import contacts then say no!

But, then he has to tell all the ladies he's cheating with his new hangouts name. What a pain. :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top