The Un-Isolated Un-Blurt Thread

giphy.gif

I hope you won't be drunk tomorrow. I never like dealing with people who are drunk.
I don't care what you say, you were drunk on the phone. You weren't making much sense and you were slurring your words. You were drunk.

You better not show up tomorrow that hammered. I'll kick your ass and call you a cab home.

This world is too fucked up and we all need our wits about us. Getting hammered is never going to solve your problems. Ugh. :rolleyes:

What to do, what to do.....

I hope you won't be drunk tomorrow. I never like dealing with people who are drunk.
I don't care what you say, you were drunk on the phone. You weren't making much sense and you were slurring your words. You were drunk.

You better not show up tomorrow that hammered. I'll kick your ass and call you a cab home.

This world is too fucked up and we all need our wits about us. Getting hammered is never going to solve your problems. Ugh. :rolleyes:

Have a drink?

giphy.webp

I kid.

Reminds me of what some actor* said about playing a drunk. He said the key is to work really hard at not appearing drunk, because that is what drunks do, and what gives them away.

Also, the world is doing just fine. It's the people that are fucked up!

*I disremember who it was.

Last edited:
Have a drink?

giphy.webp

I kid.

Reminds me of what some actor* said about playing a drunk. He said the key is to work really hard at not appearing drunk, because that is what drunks do, and what gives them away.

Also, the world is doing just fine. It's the people that are fucked up!

*I disremember who it was.

That is a more accurate statement. Thank you. :)

sorry you're having to deal with this, twinkles :(:rose:

it's exhausting and people too often exploit a person's kindness--then manage to make you feel bad for having to stop them doing that.

don't let others vampire you. :heart:

sorry you're having to deal with this, twinkles :(:rose:

it's exhausting and people too often exploit a person's kindness--then manage to make you feel bad for having to stop them doing that.

don't let others vampire you. :heart:

Here's to hoping it was a one-time thing. I was just venting, dear.

The only vampires I meet are when I have to get blood drawn. Some of them are a bit too chipper in getting my blood in those tubes. :eek::confused:

The only vampires I meet are when I have to get blood drawn. Some of them are a bit too chipper in getting my blood in those tubes. :eek::confused:

And where do they take those tubes?!?!?!?! :eek:

I wonder about phlebotomists. Like what does you specifically do that line of work? Sadism? Piquerism? The coppery fragrance? Fascination with Anne Rice?

After my motorcycle accident, I felt like I "owed" even though because in 1986 the blood supply was considered iffy I got mine from my dad. I knew mine was clean, because I was a nerd and the last thing from an at risk group. I used to donate as often as allowed, whatever that interval was. I gave gallons. One of the chicks was cute and kind of gothic.

There's definitely an art to it. The UBS people are very good. I never developed a fear of needles because I never had a bad shot. My Mom used to take the syringe from the Doc and do it, herself. She was a surgical nurse with lots of practice. She says the secret is not to hesitate. The quicker, the less pain.

And where do they take those tubes?!?!?!?! :eek:

I never ask and never want to know.

I wonder about phlebotomists. Like what does you specifically do that line of work? Sadism? Piquerism? The coppery fragrance? Fascination with Anne Rice?

After my motorcycle accident, I felt like I "owed" even though because in 1986 the blood supply was considered iffy I got mine from my dad. I knew mine was clean, because I was a nerd and the last thing from an at risk group. I used to donate as often as allowed, whatever that interval was. I gave gallons. One of the chicks was cute and kind of gothic.

There's definitely an art to it. The UBS people are very good. I never developed a fear of needles because I never had a bad shot. My Mom used to take the syringe from the Doc and do it, herself. She was a surgical nurse with lots of practice. She says the secret is not to hesitate. The quicker, the less pain.

As long as they aren't digging around for a vein to drain, I rarely care as to the 'why'.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. I was really looking forward to your visit then at the last minute, you change your mind. Probably because your drunk again.

What was the point of the last two days then??? Promising you'll come over and then ditch me? For what? Getting drunk??? And I find it hard to believe that you couldn't stay over long because you have to be somewhere (business reasons???) later on??? I asked you if you weren't busy on Saturday several times and you said no. It's an hour drive to my place and 'a little time' here just to drive another hour back?? Gasoline doesn't grow on trees. ya know. Sure, I guess I'm worth the effort, still seems wasteful to me.

Maybe you forgot, fuck if I know. You tell me you don't like being on Facebook but only talk to me through that???? You have my phone numbers......CALL! I told you that you can call me any time.

I'll do my best to be patient with you.....you're walking a fine line of really pissing me off, though.

(For anyone reading, I'm just frustrated and venting. I'll be alright.)

Thanks a lot. I was really looking forward to your visit then at the last minute, you change your mind. Probably because your drunk again.

What was the point of the last two days then??? Promising you'll come over and then ditch me? For what? Getting drunk??? And I find it hard to believe that you couldn't stay over long because you have to be somewhere (business reasons???) later on??? I asked you if you weren't busy on Saturday several times and you said no. It's an hour drive to my place and 'a little time' here just to drive another hour back?? Gasoline doesn't grow on trees. ya know. Sure, I guess I'm worth the effort, still seems wasteful to me.

Maybe you forgot, fuck if I know. You tell me you don't like being on Facebook but only talk to me through that???? You have my phone numbers......CALL! I told you that you can call me any time.

I'll do my best to be patient with you.....you're walking a fine line of really pissing me off, though.

(For anyone reading, I'm just frustrated and venting. I'll be alright.)

Hey Twinks!

I am sorry you are having a hard time with someone. I know you'll be alright. Hugs!

Sounds like you are dealing with an alcoholic. They are unreliable because they were either drinking when they made plans, drinking when they forgot the plans, forgot what day is was, passed out or something.
I have a couple of old friends who are alcoholics and I have learned to deal with it this way:

Never depend on them, if they saying they are doing something or are going to come by, let them know if you aren't going to be home, but otherwise assume they aren't coming. If they do show up you can be pleasantly surprised.

If they are meeting you have a back up plan. If they don't show up on time, wait 10-15 mins and then move on to your backup plan.

In my case, my friends don't mean to hurt me or not come through, they are just basically not all there because of alcohol. They actually love me and lot of times they are great, but they have periods of being completely unreliable. It used to upset me, but eventually I realized what was happening.

Also If you only want this person to communicate via phone then don't communicate with them any other way. If they are being unpleasant to you, make an excuse and get out of the situation. I just say I gotta go.

Remember someone behaving badly because they are an alcoholic has nothing to do with you or how they feel about you, they are just messed up and until they stop drinking this will continue. Sometimes even when they do stop drinking they are still this way, probably because they have soused their brains.

End of my unsolicited advice.

Noor is right on.

I was in teatotaler for most of my life. Consequently, I never really hung out with people while they were drinking. Ended up io a small mining town where all there is to do is drink, so most of my friends would be drinking and it was interesting to watch the effect that alcohol had.

It's no secret the people behave differently while on alcohol because they're judgement is impaired. The most surprising thing that I discovered is that drinking also effects judgement and memory about events that happened while they were drinking. Things that happened while they were drinking, that had made sense to them while they were drinking still made sense of them the next day when it was explained to them because as they thought back to how things occurred their memories are encoded with the drunk logic of the time. That makes no sense to me but it's seems consistently true.

Back