What's with the fat cunts crying about being called fat cunts?

When I was travelling across the great state of New Mexico some while back, I had me the pleasure of sidling up to a Dennys for breakfast.

I ordered me some grits with mah breakfast (after saying a hearty "thank you ma'am" and pausin to smile somewhat lasciviously pon the waitress).

Anyways, this grey, white gloop turned up that got me all a puzzled.

Why, I say whar on God's green earth would someone take the time and trouble to create something like this?

Anyways, I smuggled some of that gloopy stuff back on the plane with me and got the ESA's top scientists on the job.

The testing convention was clear. The brief simple:

"What the fuck is that shit?"

Several years later and several million Euros lighter our boys have come up with an answer.

"You use that shit to glue stuff n sich together or to weld 5.7 Chevy Heads back on to the main stack."

And there, you have it.

the reason why grits was created.

When I was travelling across the great state of New Mexico some while back, I had me the pleasure of sidling up to a Dennys for breakfast.

I ordered me some grits with mah breakfast (after saying a hearty "thank you ma'am" and pausin to smile somewhat lasciviously pon the waitress).

Anyways, this grey, white gloop turned up that got me all a puzzled.

Why, I say whar on God's green earth would someone take the time and trouble to create something like this?

Anyways, I smuggled some of that gloopy stuff back on the plane with me and got the ESA's top scientists on the job.

The testing convention was clear. The brief simple:

"What the fuck is that shit?"

Several years later and several million Euros lighter our boys have come up with an answer.

"You use that shit to glue stuff n sich together or to weld 5.7 Chevy Heads back on to the main stack."

And there, you have it.

the reason why grits was created.

The lesson you should have learned concerned Denny's, not grits.

The lesson you should have learned concerned Denny's, not grits.

Ah.

They don't use it weld car engines?

When those scientist types sent it round the LArge Hadron Collider they swore it proved this stuff was the greatest welding agent known to man.

Ah.

They don't use it weld car engines?

When those scientist types sent it round the LArge Hadron Collider they swore it proved this stuff was the greatest welding agent known to man.

oh, bad grits are truly terrible. no doubt about that.

good grits, though, aren't instant.

they are made with milk or cream.

they contain a lot of butter.

and they have just enough salt.

And possibly cheese.

The only reason grits exist is because of misplaced southern pride in a kind of food that most people wouldn't feed to farm animals.

The only reason grits exist is because of misplaced southern pride in a kind of food that most people wouldn't feed to farm animals.

same is probably true for polenta.

I wonder how the Squiblet feels about being the creator of a never-ending thread?

(I like grits, btw)

Never, ever liked grits. It's way too easy to make or get a shitty serving. Always too runny or too clumpy. Then you have to glop on extra crap to make it more pleasing to the palate. Very few times have I ever eaten a decent-to-templar bowl. Not even tryin' to hear about making it myself.

Much better IMO, are rice-based porridge meals, like zosui and okayu from Japan, or juk from Korea. Not only do they taste better, but they're incredibly healthy, more versatile and you can eat them in a wide range of dining from simple breakfasts or lunches cooked at home to entrées and main courses at upscale restaurants.

Best I've ever had so far are jatjuk (pine nut) and kakizosui (oyster.)

pine_nut_porridge_13-2.jpg
Kaki-Zosui.jpg

Sweet thing about the zosui's versatility is that if you're a seafood addict like me, you can up-jump the boogie on it and throw in a mix of good oceanic stuff like shrimp, crab, eel...basically turn it into a rice gumbo. Anyway, what I'm getting at is, you ain't thinking about grits no more after any of this. :D

Loving this foodie hijack of this thread's original topic, too.

Never, ever liked grits. It's way too easy to make or get a shitty serving. Always too runny or too clumpy. Then you have to glop on extra crap to make it more pleasing to the palate. Very few times have I ever eaten a decent-to-templar bowl. Not even tryin' to hear about making it myself.

Much better IMO, are rice-based porridge meals, like zosui and okayu from Japan, or juk from Korea. Not only do they taste better, but they're incredibly healthy, more versatile and you can eat them in a wide range of dining from simple breakfasts or lunches cooked at home to entrées and main courses at upscale restaurants.

Kaki-Zosui.jpg

Sweet thing about the zosui's versatility is that if you're a seafood addict like me, you can up-jump the boogie on it and throw in a mix of good oceanic stuff like shrimp, crab, eel...basically turn it into a rice gumbo. Anyway, what I'm getting at is, you ain't thinking about grits no more after any of this. :D

No! Shrimp and grits.
shrimp_n_grits.jpg

how do you people feel about congee?

It's definitely better than grits although I need some kind of seafood or flavorful vegetables in it to make it worthwhile. Otherwise it's not much different from Grits.

On a side note, one of my favorite chinese restaurants in manhattan is Congee Village (the one on Delancey, not Allen).

Kaki-Zosui.jpg

I've eaten some of those and like them because they have flavor, unlike grits.

No! Shrimp and grits.
shrimp_n_grits.jpg

how do you people feel about congee?

I've eaten some of those and like them because they have flavor, unlike grits.

Rice is more absorbent and compliments water and soup stock better than maize/hominy, I think. So it doesn't fight the flavor of the broth you put it in. You can also go from cooked whole grain to pure porridge consistency in a wide range of dishes.

Like, ochazuke is just tea over a portion of fully cooked rice and it's not even a porridge, but it still blows grits out of the block.

Back