"An Alien World" (Game Thread)

AngelEyes1994

Literotica Guru
Joined
Sep 20, 2015
Posts
742
"An Alien World"

A Role Play and Table Top Game In One


To learn more, go here.​

Commander Kim Lee: profile

I strode into the Transport's Command Conference Room and pushed the chair away from my place at the head of the long table. I stood before the 20 Section Leaders we had reanimated from Cryogenic hibernation. I had always been and likely always would be a get to the point kind of girl, so I launched immediately into my summary of our situation:
  • We are not at our original destination, New Terra.
  • For reasons I am unaware of, the transport was redirected here.
  • Our transit was ... let's just call if much longer than planned.
  • We are in orbit of a planet very unlike New Terra.
  • New Terra has flat, vast plains onto which our Shuttles were going to simply glide and land.
  • Once on the ground, the Pre-Colonization Preparation Shuttle crews would prepare safer landing strips, housing, and more...
  • ...and the remaining Shuttles would then land to begin large scale colonization.
  • This planet, however, is mostly rolling hills covered by thick forest.
  • Our shuttles will not be landing without damage ... and, likely, casualties.
  • Now, we could simply leave every one in hibernation and send down one Pre-C in the hopes of landing safely, then cutting a landing strip out of the forest, but...
  • The Transport has suffered some damage...
  • ...and the longer than expected transit has resulted in shortages of supplies.
  • We are losing or low on power ... oxygen ... cryogenic fluid...
  • And we are out of time.
  • If we leave everyone in cryo, they die in the tubes. We've already lost some Colonists.
  • If we reanimate everyone, we asphyxiate.
  • So ... here's the plan.
  • We have reanimated you 20 Section Leaders.
  • We are in the process of reanimating your Sections.
  • We are stuffing your Shuttles absolutely full to the brim with any and all supplies we can.
  • And we are prepping some equipment shuttles with the bulk gear and heavier equipment.
  • We are studying the planet, looking for the least dangerous place to put you down.
  • And we will do our best on several successive orbits to put you all in the same place.
  • I will be remaining here, obviously, as will my senior staff.
  • Navigation will put the Transport in geo-synchronous orbit above the primary landing -- or crash landing -- zone, so that you can communicate with us via radio.
  • And we will help you survive ... and, hopefully, in the end ... thrive.

After a couple of dozen questions, many of which were unfortunately either not answered or answered insufficiently:
  • The Section Leaders made their way to their Shuttles.
  • They briefed their Section's Colonists.
  • We had spent days studying the planet before reanimating the Section Leaders.
  • We picked the best landing zone and launched the Shuttles, four per orbital pass.
  • The Shuttles have maneuvering thrusters to point them in the right direction for descent, but beyond that they were essentially big buses with wings.
  • We waited until we got confirmation of safe -- or relatively safe -- landings before launching the Shuttles filled with equipment and supplies.

For the Players:
  • Do not post here until your PC's profile is accepted and sent back to you for posting to the OOC thread.
  • I will PM you your initial situation, post it here, or a combination of both.
  • Include that initial situation in your first post here.
  • Each reply here should include:
    • The name of the PC for whom you are posting.
    • A link to that PC's profile.
    • The "situational" information that I sent you in a PM and/or that I posted here in the Game Thread.
    • Your PC's response to that information.
    • And, if you choose to write it, a creative role play reply last.
  • For the record, the Game Thread posts for Mimi Robb are my attempts to practice doing all of this.
 
Day 1:
  • A relatively safe landing zone (LZ) is chosen.
  • It is a shallow wetlands with a minimal number of trees.
  • Landing in water is not ideal.
  • But every other potential landing zone is forested and/or mountainous.
  • The Shuttles would require a perfect descent to prevent -- or at least minimize -- damage to the Shuttles.
  • One Shuttle is released on each orbit of the Mother Ship.
  • Unexpected atmospheric conditions cause the Shuttles' descent paths to vary greatly.
  • They (crash) land between 11 to 99 kilometers (~7 to ~62 miles) from the LZ. (1d9 twice for 1st and 2nd digits.)
  • Their direction from the LZ vary, too. (1d8 = direction.)
  • Because they have no flammable fuels, there are no deadly explosions.
  • However, there are also no rising plumes of smoke to indicate their positions relative to the other shuttles.
  • The shuttles do suffer damage due to the forested, mountainous terrain surround the relatively safer LZ. (1d10 = % of resources saved and condition of Shuttle for future use.)
  • And casualties occur. (Same roll die as damage.)

Section #1:
  • PC aboard: Mimi Robb -- Shuttle Pilot/Section Leader. (AngelEyes1994)
  • Distance from Landing Zone: 33 km (21 miles).
  • Direction from LZ: Northwest.
  • Damage/Casualties incurred: 10% (1d10=1)
    • No, I didn't fake this die roll because the character is my own.
    • I was tempted to reroll, but I think -- since Mimi's Section is mostly for "practice" -- I'll keep it that way.
    • Survivors: 45 of 50. Minimal injuries.
    • Food: 90 days (90% of 100 days)
    • Water: 90 days (90% of 100 days).
    • Surviving Gear: Looking good. Insignificant losses. All survival gear either okay or repairable.

Section #2:
  • PC aboard: Rachael Peters -- Zoologist. (Aussie_Wolf)
  • PC aboard: Tony Peters -- Security Officer. (Aussie_Wolf)
  • Distance from Landing Zone: 66 km (41 miles).
  • Direction from LZ: Northeast.
  • Damage/Casualties incurred: 10% (1d10=1)
    • Survivors: 45 of 50. Minimal injuries.
    • Food: 90 days (90% of 100 days)
    • Water: 90 days (90% of 100 days).
    • Surviving Gear: Looking good. Insignificant losses. All survival gear either okay or repairable.

Section 3:
  • PC aboard: Mackenzie Johnson -- Mechanical Engineer. (Kenzie63)
  • Distance from Landing Zone: 88 km (55 miles)
  • Direction from LZ: North.
  • Damage/Casualties incurred: 20% (1d10=2)
    • Hull is cracked open along one side, leaving a meter wide, two meter tall gap of jagged metal and composite materials. Otherwise it's pretty fair.
    • Survivors: 40 of 50. Some injuries; minimal critical injuries.
    • Food: 80 days (80% of 100 days)
    • Water: 80 days (80% of 100 days).
    • Surviving Gear: Above average. Water purification equipment destroyed.

General Information For All Sections:
  • You can imagine your Shuttles being similar to one of the US's now defunct shuttle fleet.
  • They weren't made for landing in tropical forests, so ... you're going to deal with more crash than landing.
  • Per the rolls above, the shuttles are intact and secure (from potential predatory wildlife) except as otherwise noted.
  • There is no fresh water obviously close to the Shuttles.
  • There is ample fauna and flora. Just think Earth tropical forest.
What To Do Now:
  • Contemplate your greatest needs and most important actions.
  • I will send each of you a PM with information specific to your group.
  • PM me your response.
  • I will either PM you with more comments, questions, situations, or results; or will tell you to post your move.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top