What pissed you off today? Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Sears crashes, it will be their own doing. Because they don't pay very well, and don't offer benefits to 90% of there employees, people able to find other jobs are doing so. That leaves those like me who can't get hired to a better job to take those crappy jobs. It does include people who have retirement and benefits from another job, but just want something for a little extra cash...and I do mean a little extra.

The store I work at has a normal employment of 9 people. It's a small store, but because they closed the other store that did parts, this is the only store you can get parts from, in the regional area. Sure, you can get parts online, but the price is sometimes more expensive and by going to our store, you are more likely to get the correct part.

Anyway, the store should be staffed by 9 people and there are 4 employees doing the work of 9. The manager is pulling her hair out, because Sears is demanding she keep up with everything necessary, with that limited number of employees. Sometimes we let the phone ring, because we have too many customers in the store.

Why they consolidated the parts store into one location, I'll never know. Customers come in complaining that they have to drive across town now, when they used to not have to. They have to wait in line while we help another customer and I understand their frustration, but we just don't have the employees to fill the need. We are all part time employees and are limited to the number of hours we can get.

So, if other Sears stores are anything like this one (which has a need to exist, if the number of customers says anything), there's no wonder that Sears is going to crash.

I was working at Kmart and all of those stores are closing in this area. When the lease is up, the store closes, even if it's making money. The store I worked at was doing quite well. It had been there since 1972. It's just a systematic process, to close the whole thing down, if you ask me. After the Kmart stores are all gone, I think they will start with the Sears stores.

And I don't understand it. We are in vacation time now. When a part time employee goes on vacation, Sears brings in a full time employee from another city, pays their hotel bill and car rental bill as well as their normal wages for the time they work in our store. If they just paid our employees a little better, they could get more people interested in working there and have enough people to fill in when someone is on vacation. But they are more willing to ship someone from out of town instead. That in itself tells a lot about Sears management. I could go on, but this is turning into a rant. What's wrong with the companies in the U.S.? They seem to be shooting themselves in the foot!

They will be their own downfall. They wouldn't have employees if the employees had better options. Lol, I took the job because I had been out of work for 6 months and desperately needed some kind of income. They are doing it all wrong, it shows. I really hope the job hunt gets better for you. :rose:
 
@callmetim - this is private health insurance, meaning I'm signed up on my own, not through an employer.
 
@callmetim - this is private health insurance, meaning I'm signed up on my own, not through an employer.

There are companies that can help navigate this and recommend a broad spectrum of providers that could end up, in the long run, saving you money and a find a plan that best suits your needs. We have an outside firm that, for a fee, has handled this for years and has cut our costs well past their fees.

Their are open HSA banks out there for individuals that can offer the same tax benefits as those whom work for companies. You can then open HSA as an individual and go from there.

Hope that helps you out. Enjoy the United Socialists of America.
 
@callmetim - this is private health insurance, meaning I'm signed up on my own, not through an employer.

You can get non-deductable plans but that's costing more and more these days. My brother pays around $400 for just his insurance (med/vision combo) with no deductable and small co pays
 
The Police and court system in New Zealand. Seriously cops, if you don't have fucking evidance then don't press charges. Tis simple common sense.

Don't ask for an extension of the court date over one year later because you havn't got evidance and seriously judge, don't grant the extension if they can't get their act together. Anyone with half a fucking brain would see that.

So once again, I have to take time of work, toddle off to the Police station while they make ask more inane questions, change words on my statement so it means something totally different to what I said then pack a tantrum and argue with me when I refuse to sign it because it is incorrect.
 
Driving home in the dark, tired, late, across an unlit, narrow winding pass through the hills with an articulated lorry a foot from my back bumper :mad: Idiot.
 
Having to use smaller words during a "Twitter fight" because the other person didn;t understand "moot", "propagate", and "pejorative"
 
Two weeks post-move we finally waded through all the boxes. I dealt with in-house, my SO, storage. To our dismay we realized one box was missing. A box from my SO’s closet. A box containing shoes, belts, and sex toys. :eek:

My initial response was horror, quickly followed by denial. We went through all possible hiding places again. Nada. This left 2 possibilities, the movers or the charity shop (a local church group). :eek:

Both options left me mortified. Admittedly, our “toy box” is pretty lame. An inexpensive set of collar and cuffs, a rather cool little vibrator, and a couple of glass dildos I finally got around to ordering 6 weeks ago (unused, I might add, but that’s a different story). Still, I’m ridiculously easy to embarrass about sex, and I was less than thrilled about the box floating around town, particularly after my SO casually informed me that the toys were tucked into a small box from Amazon with our name and old address emblazoned on the front. :eek:

I was ready to write off the contents of the box, partly out of embarrassment and partly out of indignation. (I mean seriously, who does this kind of thing happen to in RL? :confused:) My SO was less than enthused, not surprising as it was his stuff. :rolleyes:

So, after agonizing for a day, I called the moving company and inquired about loose boxes. Nope. And no giggles when I asked. Great. That meant the church group. Ouch. :eek:

About this time my SO strolled in all happy. He’d decided to do some rearranging in storage and found the stuff, “In the one box he hadn’t checked”. It was way in the back and inconvenient to reach.

He didn’t get why I was mad.

Men…. :mad:
 
Literotica...

Literotica pissed me off today. ... Right now, as a matter of fact.
 
Last edited:
Mobile phone contracts that seem to involve the same level of commitment as a marriage...
 
Couple of months ago I was told "not yet suitable" to work at supervisor level (even though I've done it in the past, with good reviews). Now I've started a new assignment with a new supervisor... and I feel like I'm supervising him, and the whole project.

So, pretty much what I applied for two months ago, except for the pay and the recognition. :-/
 
Couple of months ago I was told "not yet suitable" to work at supervisor level (even though I've done it in the past, with good reviews). Now I've started a new assignment with a new supervisor... and I feel like I'm supervising him, and the whole project.

So, pretty much what I applied for two months ago, except for the pay and the recognition. :-/

Ugh, that sucks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top