What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IRS???????????

tumblr_lok11vUAwH1qincmao1_500.png
 
IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family
January 31, 2013 - 2:45 PM

(CNSNews.com) – In a final regulation issued Wednesday, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) assumed that under Obamacare the cheapest health insurance plan available in 2016 for a family will cost $20,000 for the year.

I guess you must have missed the news last week about the actual rates being charged in California for a Bronze-level family coverage plan coming in at $3600 per year, far below the doom-n-gloom $20K per year guesstimates. :rolleyes:
 
A blurb from Marc Faber:

On the bubble:

I am suggesting that in the fourth year of an economic expansion, near-zero interest rates will lead to a further misallocation of capital. I thought the U.S. market would have a 20% correction last fall, but it didn't happen. I also said the market might explode to the upside before the correction occurred. We might be in the final acceleration phase now. The Standard & Poor's 500 is at 1650. It could rally to 1750 or even 2000 in the next month or two before collapsing. People with assets are all doomed, because prices are grossly inflated globally for stocks, bonds, and collectibles.

So what he thought would happen last year did not. And his favorite word seems to be "might." :rolleyes:
 
PE ratio of stocks is at around 16 right now. Not exactly wildly overpriced. You should learn to think for yourself instead of relying on experts.
 
You should get educated before you start bloviating. The PE ratio really doesn't tell you much. Company A's stock is selling at $20 a share and your broker tells you they made $1.00 last year, PE Ratio =20, BFD. The market price per share divided by the net earnings per share, two variables, simple things for simple folks.

You should learn to think for yourself and learn more about what's driving this market.

Thanks for the indepth instruction. And now tell me what might happen, could happen, or should have happened. You're as dumb as you seem.
 
Obama's Government in action!

Unreal: EPA Awarded Ex-Chief Lisa Jackson’s Secret Email Alias “Richard Windsor” Numerous Certificates For Achievement…




Seriously, what the f… is going on at the EPA?

Via Free Beacon:


“Richard Windsor” may have only been an alias for former Environmental Protection Agency administrator Lisa Jackson, but that didn’t stop him from being awarded numerous certificates for ethics and records management.

The EPA awarded certificates naming Jackson/Windsor a “scholar of ethical behavior.” Jackson, under her secret alias, was also awarded certificates for completing training modules on email records management.

Jackson set up a secret email address under the pseudonym “Richard Windsor.” The Competitive Enterprise Institute’s Chris Horner first discovered it in November.

Republicans and government watchdog groups say Jackson may have skirted federal record laws by using the alias, but the EPA claims the secret email address was a common practice—and a necessary one, given the millions of emails that flooded Jackson’s public inbox every year.
 
You should get educated before you start bloviating. The PE ratio really doesn't tell you much. Company A's stock is selling at $20 a share and your broker tells you they made $1.00 last year, PE Ratio =20, BFD. The market price per share divided by the net earnings per share, two variables, simple things for simple folks.

You should learn to think for yourself and learn more about what's driving this market.

Jesus Christ, are you really this ignorant?

The P/E ratio is one of the bedrock foundations of the stock market

Let's have the Motley Fool lessen your colossal ignorance somewhat:
The P/E ratio expresses the stock price in terms of the earnings per share (EPS).

OK, why earnings per share, then? Why not just consider earnings?

Remember that our ultimate goal is to value a stock, not a company. Stocks are priced per share. If the number of shares of a given stock suddenly inflates, all other things remaining equal, what will happen to the stock price? It'll drop. Same thing happens to earnings, of course.

And if earnings growth becomes outpaced by share growth, that's tainted growth, from an investor's point of view. That's often a losing situation. Always look at earnings per share
 
Chief UddersSweepTheFloor is a big fucking dummy too. The PE ratio really tells you little. Here's a discussion on it's merits:

http://www.intrinsic-valuation.com/articles/PERatioFallacy

Mr. Confirmation Bias found an article that agrees with his way of thinking, so it must be right. The Wall Street Journal publishes the PE of nearly every publicly traded company every day of the week because it is a meaningless number? Please.
 
Chief UddersSweepTheFloor is a big fucking dummy too. The PE ratio really tells you little. Here's a discussion on it's merits:

http://www.intrinsic-valuation.com/articles/PERatioFallacy

Once again, the Vettebigot whines loud and long about generally accepted benchmarks that are now reflecting positively on the Obama administration.

You'll recall last year, the Vettebigot whine loud and long about the 80 year old measure of unemployment, because it showed an improving economy. He wanted to use the more arcane U6 figure, because it did not reflect positively on the Obama administration.

Now that we have the stock market moving in a positive direction, we have the Vettebigot whining loud and long about the P/E ratio, despite the fact that it's been a generally accepted bellweather for over 100 years. In it's place, the Vettebigot wants us to focus on...well, he never says exactly what we should be focusing on, just that it's soooo unfair to look at the P/E ratio, because, well, TYRANNY.

:rolleyes:
 
It's one two dimensional tool, that is all, and in a Fed inflated and driven market scenario real valuations are getting hard to find. Keep playing with your PE Ratios only and continue to be blind.

You've identified something you consider to be a "problem".

Let's hear your proposed "solution".
 
It's one two dimensional tool, that is all, and in a Fed inflated and driven market scenario real valuations are getting hard to find. Keep playing with your PE Ratios only and continue to be blind.

Show me where I said it was an all-purpose tool for economic analysis. And you don't need to worry about my portfolio or my vision, it's doing just fine.
 
It's one two dimensional tool, that is all, and in a Fed inflated and driven market scenario real valuations are getting hard to find. Keep playing with your PE Ratios only and continue to be blind.

Notice how the Vettebigot, unable to address the substance of an argument, takes his usual cowardly way out and "moves the goalposts", assigning the position of "ONLY" PE ratios matter, and then criticizing his opponents for the position he's assigned to them.
 
IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family
January 31, 2013 - 2:45 PM


This lie was debunked months ago. Why are you still disseminating it? Things like this are why it's impossible to take you seriously.

You should be able to eyeball this lie and see it for what it is.
 
They don't agree with their Democrat colleagues. They must be Uncle Toms:

BLACK LEADERS: IMMIGRATION BILL WILL 'HARM' AFRICAN AMERICAN WORKERS


Every time you say what black people believe, you're wrong.

Remember how you kept saying blacks were going to abandon Obama in 2012? How did that prediction pan out? Since you ran and hid from responsibility for making that call I'm guessing you were flat wrong again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top