What is crossing your mind right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? I just commented on what you posted. I think you have your feelings out there to be stepped on.

You cannot interject yourself into political commentary stating you don't do it, for one thing...you ARE doing it.

Secondly no one was picking at you. I just said, I find it ridiculous this unfriending thing over politics, religion, sports, whatever it is. If someone is truly your friend, you learn to look past that.

I made one comment to Nat about the ugliness of the election and how sad it made me, I did not interject myself into you and Sandman's debate, I did not take sides on candidates or anything else.

I just stated that I was tired of the ugliness of both sides, I agreed with Nat.

I am done discussing this.

You have a lovely night, and take care of yourself. You have lovely hopeful things to dwell on, not the ugliness of this election.

Peace.
 
It is disgusting. But the hypocritical self-righteousness of certain voters is even more startling.

Kendra views politics like I view sports. I'm not into politics like she is. But this friend of hers spews support on her FB (another thing I'm not into) all day long, but when Kendra voiced opposing views on her own FB page, the friend disinvited us from a day on the lake and unfriended her from FB (what a concept...:rolleyes:). Kendra didn't get on the other woman's page, didn't engage her in a debate, didn't copy anything from her writings. But because the woman didn't like what Kendra had to say, that was it. Then when called on it, she excused herself by claiming to have had a bad day.

I have a good friend who is more on the other side of politics than I am. We are quite capable of having intelligent discussions about the issues that confront this country and remain good friends. But I'm seeing more and more name-calling for simply expressing a particular point of view. And although the First Amendment isn't in play, this is a form of censorship.

OH wow!:eek:

That is ridiculous!

In my case, I just have my facebook back up because of my co-op, but all day long people argue and post horrible things back and forth all day long...you are ignorant, no you are, etc. It is so disheartening. :(

The people I was talking about, one went loco and started talking about not voting for Obama because he was a n-word and just horrific prejudicial things like that. I won't have that. I won't be friends or acquaintances with a person like that. :mad:

Honestly at times it is a bit scary! It makes me worry for our country.

:rose:

Good to see you, take good care of our Kendra for us. :rose:
 
Ummm...everyone is thinking about politics and "stuff". All I can think about is what a long week this is going to be because I miss him already.
 
K-cup French coffee press... I'm thinking something is wrong there... very, very wrong! :)
 
That I need to buckle down and get off this site and pay attention to class....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top