Pagan Corner

Mother Earth Seduced
We are everywhere!!!
I'm sure a thread like this is buried out there somewhere but here goes another...

Posting this at Full Moon for maximum magickal energy!

Paganism is a broad term and many paths and cultures fall under it's heading. Weave here anything you feel is relevant...Viewpoints, debates and dialogue. Rituals, poetry, music, herbcraft, artwork...

And don't forget... "An it harm none, ALL acts of pleasure are mine". Paganism and sexuality are most common bedfellows.

You don't have to be Pagan to post here, I welcome all exchanges, but remember tolerance for other's opinions. If you find something offensive, just move on. Besides, no one is forcing you to browse this thread and possibly learn something...

In the spirit of the upcoming Sabbat, Imbolc, I'll start...

The Mid-Winter Skyclad Blues
Calean MacGealach

The full moon is a-risin'
and the snow is on the ground.
Yeah, the full moon is a-risin'
Ain't gonna worship skyclad
till the spring comes back around.

Goin' skyclad in the winter
Oh no, that's not for me.
If freezin' naked's freedom
slavery's just fine with me

Goin' skyclad in the winter
Oh no, that's not for me
If I'd known that Pagans did this,
mighta stuck with Christianity.

But the full moon is a-risin'
Yeah, the full moon is a-risin'
Don't wanna worship skyclad,
'till Beltane comes around.

Merry Meet Image,

Another reason why I adore you, you old witch! :kiss: :kiss:

Merry Meet Image.
It's nice to find others of a like mind. :)

Love and Let Love

I don't need to make you wrong,
To embrace my own truth.
I don't have to slash you down,
To realize we bleed in color,
Instead of Dark and Light.
You can kneel in relation
To your God, Gods, or Goddess,
Sketch whatever symbols,
Sing whatever songs,
Pour your energy into whatever path
Gleams shiny, golden, beautiful
To you.

But sketch with deep groves,
And dance to the music of your choice.
Walk your path wide enough
For the rest of the world's travelers
To walk unencumbered of your fears.
Hold your Peace of the shredded
Whole picture.
Throw your arms around your neighbors,
Then hug their trees.
Offer up your perfect perspective
When others are curious,
And see how well
They fit.

by: Astara

roxanne69 said:
Merry Meet Image,

Another reason why I adore you, you old witch! :kiss: :kiss:
Well damn Roxanne! Why didn't I know this before???
Are you doing anything special tonight?
:heart:

Nothing but burning a little dragon's blood. I have not done any rituals for a while, I'm afraid. I am almost a lapsed Pagan LOL

I don't advertise it, but since you posted this wonderful thread I came out of my little closet. What are you doing tonight? Not going out skyclad obviously!

I swear we are twins who were separated at birth!

MysticSwing

well met, indeed....
Thanks for your contribution, how appropriate.

roxanne69 said:
Nothing but burning a little dragon's blood. I have not done any rituals for a while, I'm afraid. I am almost a lapsed Pagan LOL

I don't advertise it, but since you posted this wonderful thread I came out of my little closet. What are you doing tonight? Not going out skyclad obviously!

I swear we are twins who were separated at birth!

Out of the "broom closet"? :) I will go outside and down to my circle in the woods, as usual, but not skyclad! The cauldron has six inches of snow in it!

Twins? Well you know, I have a long lost sister out there somewhere that I have never met... truth

It's about 2 degrees F here so I won't be going anywhere and since I live in the middle of a concrete jungle, there is no nature out there to commune with. Grounding, centering and meditation is my way of celebrating.

How long have you been Pagan?

I wish I really were your long lost sister!!

roxanne69 said:
It's about 2 degrees F here so I won't be going anywhere and since I live in the middle of a concrete jungle, there is no nature out there to commune with. Grounding, centering and meditation is my way of celebrating.

How long have you been Pagan?

I wish I really were your long lost sister!!

Never having been raised in an oppressive, patriarchal environment, I have always enjoyed this path. But about 25 years is when I found out there were other people who held the same views that I did and began to study it. I've been on an uphill spiral ever since!
You?

ChilledVodka said:
I have fondness towards the concept of Gaia.

Is that ok?
Gaia, the Greek Earth Mother... Actually that is the name I use in my art/craftwork. Are you referring to the Gaia theory? The hypothesis by James Lovelock? It makes a lot of sense to me...

Image said:
Gaia, the Greek Earth Mother... Actually that is the name I use in my art/craftwork. Are you referring to the Gaia theory? The hypothesis by James Lovelock? It makes a lot of sense to me...
Environmental Science make sense to me. I had a good teacher.

Image said:
Never having been raised in an oppressive, patriarchal environment, I have always enjoyed this path. But about 25 years is when I found out there were other people who held the same views that I did and began to study it. I've been on an uphill spiral ever since!
You?

I was not raised in one either, thank goodness. I discovered the path about 15 years ago and it just makes sense to me. I am a sole practitioner by choice but I do have some magickal contacts where I shop for my herbs and supplies. It has been an uphill spiral for me as well.

I have an aversion to organized religion, the archaic rules and patriarchy makes no sense to me at all. Paganism/Wicca just feels right to me.

Wolf Moon

Month: January

Also Called: Quiet Moon, Cold Moon, Chaste Moon, Disting Moon, Moon of Little Winter.

The Full Moon of January honored Ch’ang-O, Chinese goddess of the bedchamber and protector of children.

The New Year in China begins on the first day of the New Moon when the Sun is in Aquarius. This can be as early as January 21 and no later than February 19.

The word January comes from the Roman name for this month; it was named after the god Janus, who had two faces. This deity ruled over beginnings and, endings, the past and the future. Since January is reckoned as the first month of a new year, this connection with the god Janus is appropriate. It is an excellent time to work on putting aside the old and outdated in one’s personal life and making plans for new and better conditions...

Special Days:
JAN. 1: Celebration of the Seven Deities of Luck in Japan and the goddess Fortuna in Rome.
JAN. 2: The Birth of the goddess Inanna in ancient Sumeria.
JAN. 5-6: Night-time ritual to honor Kore; held in the Koreion in Alexandria. The fifth day of the first month was the birthday of the Chinese god of wealth, Tsai Shen,or Ts’ai-Shen.
JAN. 6: Celtic day of the Three-Fold Goddesses: Maid, Mother, Crone.
JAN.12: Besant Panchami, or Dawat Puja, the Festival of Sarasvati in India or on the closest New Crescent Moon. In Rome, the Compitalia to celebrate the Lares, household gods.
JAN.18: The Theogamia of Hera, a women’s festival for all aspects of this goddess.
JAN.20: In Bulgaria, the Baba Den, or Grandmother’s Day for the goddess Baba Den, or Baba Yaga. In China, a day of the Kitchen God.
JAN.24: In Hungary, the Blessing of the Candle of the Happy Women, a ceremony of purification honoring Fire goddesses.
JAN.27: The Paganalia, a day of the Earth Mother in Rome.

Found here

Eclectic spiritual philospher here...I'm fascinated by moon lore...Love, light and laughter all!

ChilledVodka said:
Environmental Science make sense to me. I had a good teacher.

Science and religion can definitely be reconciled...
And if we don't find a way soon, Gaia will have finally had enough and put an end to us all... I would surely hate to lose my Lit friends like that! :)

Greetings Calypso!

I welcome you in and glad for your input! The moon is rising here right now, it's a little overcast though.

Hello all!

I'm just passing through smelling the breeze, feeling the warmth, and following the light.

A comely partner and a pleasing night to you all.

I searched calypso_21's link for a similar list of days in February, but only found events on the 1st and 2nd. Does anyone know about special observances for the cross-quarter, February 7th?

To Phrodeau

Welcome friend... Is the cross quarter you refer to Imbolc? That occurs on Feb 2nd... Oimelc, lamb's milk or Imbolc. Candlemas is the Xtian version of the holiday. Interesting take on it, that one...
But February 7th in 2000 was the date of Stewart Farrar's passing into the Summerlands. He will be missed but he journey's still!!!

Stewart Farrar left us with many great books. His time here was a gift to us all.

I am unaware of February 7th being a festival but if anyone finds it, I would love to know :)

Ecclectic Pagan here.... I have mixed the things taught by my mother, things I have grown to believe myself, and things learned from the many teachers I have been so blessed to have in my life.

Re: To Phrodeau

Image said:
Welcome friend... Is the cross quarter you refer to Imbolc? That occurs on Feb 2nd... Oimelc, lamb's milk or Imbolc. Candlemas is the Xtian version of the holiday. Interesting take on it, that one...
But February 7th in 2000 was the date of Stewart Farrar's passing into the Summerlands. He will be missed but he journey's still!!!

Thanks. Somebody told me the 7th was the cross quarter, but I guess it's not. Looking at a calendar, the day between Equinox and Solstice appears to be February 4th.

I've become involved in a celebratory performance that combines Celtic rites with Valentine's Day, with shows on 2/7 and 2/14. I have some design work to do on the show, so I'm looking for insights.

Edited to add: Imbolc appears to be what was in mind during our planning session.

Re: Greetings Calypso!

Image said:
I welcome you in and glad for your input! The moon is rising here right now, it's a little overcast though.

Thanks Image! Anytime! I've got the clearest night in ages...granted it is about 4 degrees F...but hmm...who cares with something that beautiful staring you in the face???

Enjoy it!

Image said:
Science and religion can definitely be reconciled...
And if we don't find a way soon, Gaia will have finally had enough and put an end to us all... I would surely hate to lose my Lit friends like that! :)
Tell me about it. If we don't start doing something about it, Nature will kick us out of equasion.

But, let Reiki out of it. That's pure bullshit. Do you have any idea what Raiki means? It means ghost spirit. Or, the spirit of ghosts.

OK, even Conan Doyle - the master of deduction - bought into the spiritualism, but he was greef stricken.

It's easy to manipurate people like that.

Now, witches, fuck off.

Back