The Official Authors' Hangout Halloween 2018 Support Thread

Wait, what? Fuck. I put it in non-human.
I even started a thread on this to help me! I'm so bad at picking the right category.
Well, that's probably gonna hurt me.
Shit.
You should be okay. Non-human and erotic horror folk seem to be reasonably tolerant. I guess you'll soon find out.

Submitted!

What's the time to publication been this contest?

Last edited:
Submitted!

What's the time to publication been this contest?

Two of mine had been submitted two days ahead of the contest and went up on opening day. The third went up the day after submitted; the fourth a day and a half.

‘My Angel Sister’ is submitted. Only 8000 words, which is really short for me. I’m mainly relieved to have that one scene that has been sitting around for years finally in a completed story, even if I had to rewrite it heavily.

Now, it’s back to polishing the much bigger Winter Holiday tale revolving around a hot mom, food, bondage and submission. I haven’t written Incest/Taboo in a while, and now it’ll be two in a row.

Good luck, all!

Im still trying for my NE ghost story.

My stalker-troll might want to brush up on Hart Crane & Walt Whitman and the nyc subway system.

Just submitted "Daddy's Hands." 48k words of incest and race-play. Whhooo hoooo. Now to finish my Aussie one.

Fuck me.

Just had a plot arrive, fully-formed, while I was in the shower. What do I have, five days?

Hmmmm...

Get out of that shower and start writing.

But... the water’s still warm....

Nah. I kid. I’m already a thousand words in.

I’m thinking quick strike, a surgical story. Concise, clever, maybe even funny. Back in the saddle, baby!

Well miracles happen, I believe I've entered two contests in a row. First time in a couple years that I've managed to do that. While the score isn't great, it seems to be getting nice comments and several favorites, that always feels good. Risky content-wise for an incest piece since it walks the edge of including gay or bi material, so I tossed a content warning in front of it. Still had one commentator complain, "stop reading at ch 3 too much gay shit." Rather remarkable, considering there weren't any chapters to the story.

Hey, has anyone noticed that Lit seems to have some sort of comment approval system in place now? Is it an effort to combat the spammy messages we were seeing for a while? (Been away without time to lurk - sorry if that's already been discussed.)

Well miracles happen, I believe I've entered two contests in a row. First time in a couple years that I've managed to do that. While the score isn't great, it seems to be getting nice comments and several favorites, that always feels good. Risky content-wise for an incest piece since it walks the edge of including gay or bi material, so I tossed a content warning in front of it. Still had one commentator complain, "stop reading at ch 3 too much gay shit." Rather remarkable, considering there weren't any chapters to the story.

Hey, has anyone noticed that Lit seems to have some sort of comment approval system in place now? Is it an effort to combat the spammy messages we were seeing for a while? (Been away without time to lurk - sorry if that's already been discussed.)

Wait, it does? I didn't know I had to approve comments. I'll go look at my account.

Edit: It looks like they show up automatically but you can delete them if you want to? If I'm looking at it right.

Last edited:
Hmm. My story’s has been pended for 2.5 days. I pm’ed Laurel early today but no word yet.

It was introduced a couple of months ago in response to spam attacks through story comments. It's most likely a text-bot looking for links and so on, but not a human being. Seems to be working, comment spam has disappeared. Trolls remain, however.

It takes about fifteen minutes to loop through the process. It doesn't affect the author's ability to delete or keep comments. It also doesn't over-ride Laurel's ability to purge any comment she chooses.

CandiCame - as a story's author it's up to you to delete or keep comments, using whatever criteria you choose. There are some folk who keep every comment as a matter of principle, there are others who tidy up the garbage. There are others still who block all anon comments, there are those who block all comments. It's completely up to you, how you manage comments.

It was introduced a couple of months ago in response to spam attacks through story comments. It's most likely a text-bot looking for links and so on, but not a human being. Seems to be working, comment spam has disappeared. Trolls remain, however.

Hey! Trolls are people, too.

Wait, it does? I didn't know I had to approve comments. I'll go look at my account.

Edit: It looks like they show up automatically but you can delete them if you want to? If I'm looking at it right.

I just noticed you're a fellow Kentuckian.

I'm actually writing mine now. I forgot about the contest. This will be the first or second one that I've ever done.

When is the release? Or is it still pending?

Still pending. Submitted early AM on the 26th. I have the usual ‘over 18’ disclosure and nothing very risqué - besides incest between half-siblings.

Still pending. Submitted early AM on the 26th. I have the usual ‘over 18’ disclosure and nothing very risqué - besides incest between half-siblings.

You should PM Laurel and make sure your story didn't slip through the cracks.

You're not eliglble to win this contest, right? Maybe that has something to do with it.

You should PM Laurel and make sure your story didn't slip through the cracks.

You're not eliglble to win this contest, right? Maybe that has something to do with it.

I pm’ed her this AM - I never have seen lack of eligibility to win cause a story not to be approved, but it could be that.

Back