The Queen and Her Conquest (Closed for LordUsagi)

Vernard

Vernard couldn't help wishing he had been one of the men engaged with her, though he was sureif he had Rage he would have gripped her tightly as he emptied his seed deeply into her womb. He doubted he would have had the will to pull out then, it was strangely erotic.

He decided to be honest with her, in as much as showing her that he was turned on at this point. So he leaned back to show her, despite his earlier punishment, his rigid member pointing at her.

"My Queen's needs are paramount, and I can see she enjoys her time with these obviously skillful men. If my Mistress wishes to have me watch her at such times then I will, as I said before in our private moments I am your...willing slave."

"But my Queen I have to ask, why did he not empty his seed inside you?" He remembered she had allowed him that honour once as a reward for obedience. "If you were to have child from such it would have strong genes." He wasn't sure if he would have preferred her womanhood dripping with Rage's seed or the sight of it on the woman he wanted desperately to comfort.

He looked back at the two men obviously waiting for further orders.

"Does my Mistress wish to dismiss me, or would she prefer to use me to take out further frustrations?" He wasn't sure if what had just happened would make Isolde want to vent, probably from desire rather than anger. But he was just offering himself as he promised he would always.
 
Queen Isolde

Vernard's erection was impressive and it reawakened Isolde's simmering desire. Even though Rage and Karn had spent themselves in a spectacular fashion, seeing Vernard's tension unresolved made a primal part of her long to see him satisfied.

"Rage can speak for himself." Isolde said looking at the tall male and nodding at him.

"I have no doubt that my seed is strong and healthy," Rage said, looking at Vernard disdainfully, "but I only wish to spill it in a woman that I am married to who will accept it and hopefully conceive a child with it."

"Creating a child is a serious endeavour." Isolde said, "Rage wishes that his seed be reserved for a woman, should he choose to marry, so I respect that. Besides, I have other methods to ensure that no seed spilt inside me will bloom. Like I said before, the only seed that will be allowed to impregnate me will be that of my husband if I should choose to wed." Isolde slipped off her bed and got to her feet before striding over to Vernard.

"Karn, unlike Rage, has no qualms spilling his seed anywhere inside me." Isolde said matter-of-factly.

"Her Highness is correct. I know of the measures she takes and will spill wherever she will take it." Karn added gruffly.

"Thank you Karn, Rage. Please wait outside for Vernard, be will be out soon and you can escort him to his chambers." Isolde ordered, she waited until the two men had left the room before sinking into a kneeling position in front of Vernard, their knees just touching.

"As a reward for your openness and honestly, and to show my appreciation, you may spill your seed wherever you wish if that is your desire." Isolde said, her hands running up Vernard's thighs. "Once you have done so Rage and Karn will escort you to your chamber."

Isolde didn't bother to give him any indication of when she would visit him next, as she had no idea herself. He had given her much to think on, and she would need to consult her advisers before telling him of her decision.
 
Vernard

As strong as his desire was, he still had a reluctance to engage with her. He had just confessed his devotion and in a way his love for her. As such he would prefer, despite the very primal encounter her had just witnessed, to 'make love' to her. The thought of kissing her where a man's manhood had just taken it's pleasure did not appeal to him. He almost imagined the two had been so savage and deliberate with their taking of her to perhaps even spoil his evening.

"If it pleases my Queen, I will decline to use her any further."

He smiled, "your body has already taken enough abuse," he said it lightly knowing she did not consider it abuse, "tonight and I will leave you to your rest and thoughts."

"But if it pleases my Queen...and only if it pleases her, I would not object to you sending someone skilled with your implements... to punish me."

He was worried that she would see his reluctance, as a sign he wasn't totally at ease with what he had just witnessed, which was the truth. But he knew he would have to get used to it. He also hoped she realised how aroused he was and how in need he was of release, but would hold back and obey her if that was her desire.
 
Queen Isolde

Isolde considered Vernard's words and was intrigued by the fact that he did not seek release with her. She wasn't entirely convinced that the abuses she had already suffered were the complete reason. Vernard was certainly still aroused, and she could see reluctance in his eyes. Isolde wasn't sure exactly what the source was, but she could guess at a few possible reasons.

"Very well." Isolde said, slowly getting to her feet and offering her hand to Vernard once she had. "I will send someone around to punish you, and if you wish they will also be able to instruct you in the art of wielding such implements. You are welcome to relieve your tension this evening." Isolde said.

"Rage, Karn!" Isolde called out. In a few moments the doors would open and the guards would come in to escort Vernard to his chambers. "Rage will escort you to your chambers and Karn will seek out your companion for the evening."

Isolde had no trouble figuring out who she would send to attend to Vernard's request. One of her counsellors, Freya, was thoroughly skilled in all of the uses of the devices and had experiences teaching as well as weilding. It had been Freya who had taught Karn the difference between a sword and a cane, and both her instruction and punishment would suit Vernard's needs well. Isolde was also curious as to what Freya would think of this enemy leader.
 
Last edited:
Vernard

Vernard waited expectantly for his 'instructor' to arrive. When she did he was most impressed for Freya was almost every bit as beautiful as Queen Isolde. She was older, and with heavier breasts and curvier hips but if this woman had been the Queen he would be as eager to know her. Also unlike Isolde she had long blonde hair that was neatly tied in a long braid that touched the curve of her back.

Vernard couldn't help but grin at her and look her up and down imagining what she would look like naked.

Freya ignored him, while she was let in by the guards. She did however watch his reaction as her small box of toys was carried in by her assistant, a pretty young woman with a petite frame. When the guards left she turned to Vernard and flicked out with the crop in her hand. It caught him square on the tip of his erection causing him to buckle over.

"Why are you not on your knees before your Mistress?" Her voice was sultry and commanding and Vernard subsequently dropped to his knees.

Slowly Freya walked around admiring his physique.

"You are to always treat me as you would Queen Isolde...but don't get me wrong, I will not be as gentle as she is." She lowered her hand and slowly stroked his manhood with the tip of crop. "Perhaps one day you will get to put that thing near me, but not today."

She pointed the crop at the other woman. "If you are deserving she will provide your release. You have no need to know her name and should you ever encounter her again you will pretend not to know her." She smiled, "yes I have heard about you and your exploits with the ladies of the bath house. But that girl is my friend and hand-maiden and I will not have you tainting her."

She moved the crop to the back of his neck and used it to guide him onto all fours.

" Now I was told you have suffered today," she inspected his bruised backside, " so I will let you chose the implements we will use. I only brought some of my instructional items...the gentler ones."

Slowly Vernard rose and walked over to the chest. He looked around and saw there was a section of light floggers and crops. He did notice a tawse and firm paddle which had obviously just been added for show. A strange object caught his eye and he reached for it, to inspect further. Only then did he realise what the leather plate with straps and a fair sized leather penis attached to it was. He suspected the instrument was for Freya and her hand-maiden to experience but wondered why it was here.

In the end he chose the paddle and tawse not wanting to seem too weak before this woman he was strangely attracted to. After offering them to her he was instructed to join the hand-maiden and bend over the bed.

Freya then proceeded to instruct him through demonstration on the proper use of the items in question. Although she did not go full out he felt she did not hold too much back when she gave him the few instructional strikes. He was then to show what he had learned on the hand-maiden, which he did reasonably well, although Freya occasionally had to take the items from him and re-demonstrate on either him of the girl. In the end both their backsides were throbbing and both were thoroughly aroused.

He did not know if Freya was aroused and was taken aback by her final question.

"Do you wish to have me," she asked while he kneeled before her.

"Yes Mistress," it was the truth.

She just laughed and moved to the door, "I have to meet with my Queen now, I will report back to her." Then she smiled wickedly, "if you truly wish to prove you desire me, you will dismiss my maiden without using her."

After she left Vernard helped the hand-maiden pack-up before letting her leave. It would be another night he would go unsated.
 
Queen Isolde

Once Vernard left the room Isolde redressed herself and then called the Door Guard in.

“Please call an immediate meeting of all of my advisors in the Map Room. Find Freya fist and get her to meet me here beforehand. Also, if you could please locate Elara and request her presence at the meeting it would be much appreciated.”
The squire nodded at her and murmured his agreement before he went about her business. Isolde walked over to the large window in her chamber and looked out at the frosted wonderland beyond. Whilst waiting for Freya to arrive she spent her time thinking about Vernard’s suggestion. For once in her life she wasn’t certain of the best path to take. This was something she would have discussed with her advisors regardless of her own personal opinions, and she could only hope that they would come to a consensus when she couldn’t.

“My Queen, you requested my presence?” Freya’s voice came from behind her and Isolde turned around, seeing the older woman leaning against the door frame casually.

“Yes I did. Please, take a seat.” Isolde gestured towards the chaise lounge by the window and Freya walked over and made herself comfortable. “I have a request to make of you.”

“How may I serve you Isolde?” Freya asked with a wicked smile, Isolde smiled back at her a little less enthusiastically.

“Vernard has requested further punishment. I thought that you would be the ideal person to deliver this.” Isolde explained, “I also thought that he might benefit from the instruction of how to use the implements of your trade.”

“You have decided to train him?” Freya asked, surprised.

“Train him? No,” Isolde shook her head “not as such. He has shown an interest in the discipline side of your craft, I thought he would relish the opportunity to learn more. And he has other intentions it seems. He has proposed an alliance between our people and his.” Isolde said, watching carefully for Freya’s response.

Queen Isolde had known Freya for a long time. When she was a Scribe in the King’s court Freya had found Isolde and seen something of herself in the young woman. Freya decided to train Isolde, and she taught Isolde lessons more valuable than the tutors ever did. Freya taught Isolde about human motivation, about what people wanted and the lengths to which they would go to achieve it. She taught Isolde how to find her own value, and to show that value to others. Isolde had always been a motivated young woman, but with Freya’s help that motivation and determination saw her rise in the court until no one could deny her ability.

“And will you agree?” Freya asked, her face carefully free of any expression that would let her own true opinion be seen.

“I have called a council. This is not something I can decide without consulting my peers.” Isolde said slowly. “After you are finished with Vernard please come and join us in the Map Room. Your wisdom is important to me, and I would like to see what you think after you’ve had a chance to meet Vernard.”

“Very well.” Freya said, getting to her feet and bowing her head at Isolde. “Which girl shall I take with me?”

Isolde thought of Vernard’s fondness for Elara and smiled.

“Sara will suffice.” Isolde said, the young woman was petite and sweet like Elara, and she was sure that Vernard would be pleased by her demure attitude.

Freya gave a final bow of the head before turning and striding from the room, her hips and long blonde braid swinging behind her like the tail of an agitated mountain cat.

~*~

It was already late by the time that Freya joined Isolde and her counsellors in the Map Room. In the centre of the room was a large rectangle table made of a very solid wood. There were draws all along its sides, each filled with a myriad of different scrolls. For that meeting, the large map of the continent was spread across the wooden surface, weighed down at each corner with heavy bronze paperweights in the shape of snow eagles. Around the table all of Isolde’s most trusted advisors say, and the tensions in the room were high from the debate and hand and the lateness of the hour.

“Freya, come, join us.” Isolde said, motioning to the last empty chair at the table. “Tell me, how did your interview go?”

“Well,” Freya said with a polite nod to the others in the room, “we shall find out more when Sara returns. Tell me, My Queen. What were Vernard’s terms?”

Isolde recounted, again, exactly what they had to gain from the alliance, closely followed by what they had to lose. No one in the room had been shocked when learning about Vernard’s peoples war with the Desert Tribes, and they were all pleased to hear that there was a chance that this would give them respite from the war. However, there was no doubt in anyone’s mind that, once the desert people were defeated, that their enemy would soon rekindle the fighting. The extra lands that Vernard had mentioned did appeal to Isolde and her counsellors; life would be much easier in the snowy mountains with access to good farming land all year round. Isolde’s people had minerals and precious stones by the chest-full, but one could not eat rubies or gold. Nor could they be traded for food easily when you were at war with the nearest nation.

The knowledge that the females in Vernard’s country were dwindling did surprise and please her advisors. With more and more females defecting to their own side, the males in Vernard’s country would soon find that their bigoted attitudes towards women left them without lovers, wives, sisters, daughters and mothers. They were missing the essential force to balance out their society. There was fierce disagreement between Isolde’s counsellors about what sort of results this would cause, but one thing was clear; their enemies culture was crumbling just as quickly as theirs was growing stronger.

Sara had reported to her Mistress a mere ten minutes after Freya joining the council. After a quick word the young woman left and Freya looked at her Queen with an approving smile. Isolde knew then that her dearest friend and most trusted advisor believed the union to be worthwhile.

It was only an hour before sunrise that Isolde disbanded the meeting. A grudging conclusion had been reached, and Isolde now had to act on it. Before going to bed she sent two messengers out, one to summon Vernard to the Throne Room at an hour past dawn and another to summon the diplomats two hours after that.
Isolde returned to her room and slid into her bed after sending out the messengers. Despite her weariness she did not sleep, and it seemed as though the two hours that passed stretched for weeks. Despite this, Elara arrived bright eyed as the sun rose and assisted her in dressing and preparing for the meeting with Vernard.

“Do you think he will be pleased with the outcome?” Elara asked. She had been at the meeting as well, yet she looked much more awake than Isolde felt. With the hand-maiden’s help and that of the apothecary, Isolde was able to wake herself a little more and shake the physical signs of her fatigue.

“Only time will tell.” Isolde said, as she allowed Elara to pin on the shoulders of her favourite white gown.

~*~

Isolde had only been seated on her throne for a few minutes when Vernard was announced. After he had been shuffled into her presence she gestured for him to stand.

“Vernard, thank you for coming.” She said with a slight nod of acknowledgement, her eyes assessing him to see what condition he was in after the strenuous events of the evening just passed. “I have asked you here to talk further about the alliance you have proposed. After talking with my counsel we have come to the conclusion that such an alliance could be in our interests.”

She let her words settle over Vernard for a few moments before continuing.
“However, there will be conditions. First and foremost, I have organised for the men that you came her with to be gathered. You will have an hour to discuss your reasoning with them. If their reactions are favourable, and if you decide to continue, then we will propose the idea to your ambassadors. I wish for you to be the one to put forth the idea though, as my advisors and I strongly believe that this needs to come from you.”

Isolde rose from her seat slowly, and then descended the steps of the dias. She stood before Vernard, looking up at him slightly as she did so. Despite his extra height she was not intimidated by him.

“If you cannot convince your men that this alliance is in the best interests of you and your people, then we will not propose the idea to the Ambassadors and I will send them back home with no further chance for diplomacy.” Isolde said slowly, wanting to make sure Vernard heard every word. She reached up and put her hand on his shoulder gently.

“Do you agree with this course of action? Is there anything you wish to say?” Isolde asked seriously.
 
Vernard

The night had been an uneasy one for Vernard. Despite Freya being 'gentle' as she called it his body was in pain. He also found it difficult to go to sleep because he was highly aroused, and he kept thinking back that he should not have dismissed the hand-maiden. When he did finally fall asleep his dreams were about him having to watch Isolde entertaining other men while he was teased into arousal and denial by Freya. He knew it was senseless thoughts, for his wedding night would not involve other people, especially Rage and Karn. The only positive thing about the dream was that it meant Isolde had accepted his proposal.

Finally he did fall asleep, and any further dreams were unremembered. In the morning he was woken and taken to the bath house early. There after bathing he was given fresh clothes and told he would be taken before Isolde. Vernard guessed that she had come to a decision and he waited anxiously to be admitted.

When Vernard saw he seated on the throne so elegantly dressed it brought back all the previous nights arousal. He followed her as she descended towards him, listening to her words carefully.

After she spoke he nodded briefly, "I am glad your people have considered the proposal. I do not think it will be hard to convince my men that are here, I have heard that many have acclimatised well to their new environment. I think a chance to perhaps continue with that new life will please them."

He looked at her seriously, "my only question is it a marriage with someone from my land, or do your advisors agree to the marriage with me?"

He wondered what her advisors would think about him as their king. Would Freya smile at the notion that a mere flick of her fingers would have him grovelling before her. Would Elara and the other hand-maidens laugh remembering how their king had serviced them so willingly.
 
Queen Isolde

Isolde was pleased that Vernard's reaction was positive, even though he didn't know who her suitor was. It showed that his concern was for the welfare of others before his own needs.

"That issue was discussed at length at the council meeting." Isolde said, "My advisors and myself have decided that you are the most suitable candidate. That is, unless, you have any other suggestions?"

Isolde's hand, which remained on his shoulder as she spoke, gently drifted down to his chest as he considered his response. Now that she was closer to him, sue could safely guess that his night had been just as sleepless as hers.
 
Vernard

He shook his head, "we both know I am the only worthy candidate."

Taking her hand off his chest he kissed it gently, "are there any other stipulations that I would need to consider, perhaps ones that you did not need to consult with your advisors about."
 
Queen Isolde

"There would need to be a treaty signed, and the terms would need to be debated before the alliance is made. We would also need to discuss other issues such as living arrangements and reciprocal rights." Isolde informed him, her fingers tracing his lips softly. "I am sure that other, more intimate, issues will also need to be explored. However, as it stands, my people are willig to accept terms similar to those you proposed yesterday. That should he enough for now until we have the finer details sorted." Isolde finished.

Isolde took a step towards Vernard, her hand now splayed out to hold the side of his face. She leaned towards him slowly, so that all in the room would know her intentions.

"You have one hour." She whispered, before pressing her lips against his softly. When she pulled back she turned and walked to her throne.

"Elara, Luka, please go with Vernard." Isolde instructed, and the two women bowed their heads in acknowledgement of their orders.
 
Vernard

While they walked to where his mean had been gathered, Elara asked him about his well being. She seemed obviously concerned about his recent 'punishment' and if he had recovered. Luka seemed to find it amusing and commented how they were being too light on him. Vernard had to hold back a comment, that perhaps Luka was in need of some of his attention as she was clearly frustrated. He had realised this was not the time to make light.

Convincing his men had been easy, a few had felt that they had betrayed him by accepting their new life so easily. He had brushed that aside saying that he had also accepted this was a better life for them in many ways. Very few of his men had seemed eager to return home, most were happy to stay in the mountain or return home if they got the chance. It was that which he focussed on. An alliance such as the one proposed would result in a mixing of cultures for the betterment of all.

In the end they were soldiers and convincing them that they had lost was not easy, but in their hearts they all knew it to be true. That was all he needed to do, show them that there were other battles to be fought, perhaps the chance with this alliance to end the conflict with the Desert Tribes and have a time of relative peace.

When Elara and Luka were satisfied that they men were convinced that an alliance was in the best interests of themselves and the people back home, they led him back to the throne room. Elara seemed pleased and although Luka showed her same abrasive nature she was impressed with the thoughts behind the alliance.
 
Queen Isolde

As soon as the doors closed behind Vernard, Luka and Elara, Isolde's councillors came in close and discussed what had just happened. Isolde didn't really see any need to recount every detail of a rather honest exchange, and was pleased when the conversation eventually turned to their realm's requirements of the alliance.

Even though Isolde was thoroughly absorbed in conversation, she noticed the passing of time as though she was sitting in a dimly lit ice encrusted cell. As the end of the hour drew near she was wondering if Vernard was having trouble convincing his soldiers. They were the first step. If he couldn't convince them, then there was no way that the ambassadors would agree to the match.

When the doors to the Throne Room entered, the group of chattering adviser stepped back and resumed their positions as Elara and Luka strode in with Vernard hot on their tails. One look at Luka's disgruntled face and Elara's smiling one told her all she needed to know. Isolde got to her feet with all of the grace of a swan and hovered down the steps of the dais.

"How did your soldiers react to your proposal?" Isolde asked Vernard as Luka and Elara stepped aside so that she had an uninterrupted view of him. Even though she could tell from her hand-maiden's face that the exchange went well, she wanted to hear what Vernard thought of it. They would have just under an hour to discuss some finer details of a possible alliance before they proposed the idea to Vernard's people.
 
Last edited:
Vernard

Vernard observed the room briefly, in order to get the feel of Isolde's advisors. It would be helpful to know which ones were fully for the alliance and which were hesitant. He knew already that Elara was very much for the proposed alliance and Luka was reluctant, he would have to change that if he and her were to one day lead the combined armies into battle. He suspected that Isolde was happy with the proposal, but would defer to what her people wanted. He noticed Freya standing amongst the chattering councillors, though she herself was not talking but merely listening. She was gathering information he realised, her voice would be important to Isolde, she was trusted. Again he wondered if he had done the right thing the night before, and what Freya's opinion of him was. The others were easy to read and it did seem as if the majority was in favour of the proposal.

"It did not take long to convince them your Highness," he spoke loudly for all to hear. "Most were very keen as they have, like I have, come to enjoy their lives here. They understand your culture better, see its benefits and enjoy most of it's rewards." He smiled, "though the weather is one reward they all agree is not that beneficial, but all agreed the ways to warm a cold night easily overcome that problem." He gestured to Elara and Luka, "as they will attest most of the time was taken up with re-assuring the men that their lives will not change is they don't want them to, and that was tricky without making promises I have no authority to make."
 
Queen Isolde

"I am pleased to hear that Vernard." Isolde said with a short nod. "Before we begin to discuss the proposal that we will put forth to your advisors I would like to know how you think it best to present to them. If you would prefer I could arrange for another seat to be placed beside mine. If you think that is too forward we could take them to a meeting room with a round table. I will defer to your wisdom on this matter, as you will know the best way to deal with them."
 
Vernard

"I would suggest the round table Queen Isolde, as it will give the impression that the decision hasn't already been made."

He smiled at her, "although I know no final decisions are decided and a lot depends on this, best to give them the hope that they could be the one to secure the alliance. I am more there as an assurance that I am unharmed, and recognised as an authority of my people. That is to say to the ambassadors that you are not so barbaric as to kill the enemy leader and are willing to parley."

Lastly," he looked around the hall, "I would suggest only taking your most trusted advisors, or at least ones that the others trust into the meeting. So many people on one side of the table may seem intimidating, and although I know we are not in a position of strength here, it may just put the ambassadors backs up."
 
Queen Isolde

"Fair advice, thank you Vernard." Isolde said with gracious smile as she looked around at the advisers gathered. She knew that Freya would go with her, there was no doubt about that. She wanted Luka as well, but she knew that the woman's temper would make negotiations difficult. "I'll just be a moment." Isolde said to Vernard.

Her advisors had heard his advice, so there was no need to repeat it to the others. Isolde did, however, take the time to tell each adviser that she didn't select that they were valuable to her and would have a voice in the final negotiations, but that she would only require Freya, Jareth and Vaughn for the meeting. Even though she could tell that some of them (Luka in particular) were disgruntled, they didn't argue.

When Isolde returned to Vernard it was with Freya, Jareth and Vaughn in tow.

"Let's go." Isolde said, leading the way to the meeting room. Once there they seated themselves and ensured that refreshments were brought into the room for the arrival of the ambassadors.

"Any further advice for us before they arrive?" Isolde asked Vernard as she sipped on some warm spiced wine. By her reckoning the ambassadors were due any moment, and she wondered if Vernard would give them any other gems to work with before they did.
 
Vernard

"Nothing too important," he took a seat opposite Isolde. "I may act a little different, that is, not give away that we have already spent time together."

Any further talk was interrupted when the ambassadors where issued in.

Vernard was pleased to see that his friend Maalo was amongst them. That was a good thing, as he was sure that there would be one negotiator who was not out for himself but rather the best for his people. However upon seeing the rest he realised why Isolde had had such a hard time bring the discussions to a close.

On seeing Vernard, Maalo's face brightened and he gave his leader a hearty hand shake.

"We worried you had been killed."

Vernard smiled, "I have been treated well mostly, though at times a little harshly." He looked at Freya who smiled back.

"But," he returned to his seat, "as a whole we have all been treated well. Some of the men died as a result of their wounds or on the journey here, but those who have made it here have been well cared for."

He nodded to Isolde, "in return for my cooperation Isolde has made sure the men have been treated fairly. They should even be allowed to return home if all goes well...well those who wish to."

He was careful in his use of words. It firstly let him men know he was already negotiating for the betterment of the men, as well as preparing the ambassadors should some of the men chose not to return home.

"But let us get this underway and resolved as soon as possible. Queen Isolde please continue with your requests."
 
Queen Isolde

Isolde watched as Vernard greeted and welcomed his country men to the meeting room. They all seemed pleased to see him, and that pleased Isolde. If these people liked their leader then this plan could possibly work. One man was particularly pleased to see Vernard, and it didn't surprise him that this was one of the men who had repeatedly demanded to see his leader.

Isolde waited patiently for Vernard to finish speaking, and when he handed over to her she smiled at him in thanks.

"Thank you Vernard." Isolde said, turning to the ambassadors that had gathered. "Thus far the terms you have presented to me have not been as mutually beneficial as they should have been. I warn you now that this is the last opportunity we will have to parley. If we can not reach an agreeable consensus today then your welcome in my lands will be revoked."

Isolde looked at the unimpressed faces of the ambassadors and gained a sense of pleasure from their discontent. No doubt they had expected to be invited here to have her grovel at their feet and beg them to reconsider mercy, well, that would not be the case.

"As Vernard has told you, the soldiers that made it back to my castle have been treated well. Better, perhaps, than any of my fighters would have been treated if they had been captured by you. And, as Vernard said, I will consider allowing them to return home to your lands if they so wish, provided that these negotiations go well enough." The men looked at her with timid anticipation; they knew she was coming to a point, and they had no idea what it was.

"You see, I have no intention of returning anyone to you, or calling a truce, if it means that my people will lose out indefinitely to yours. I am, however, not an unreasonable woman. I am happy to give as much as I take, and Vernard can attest to that." Isolde gave a little sideways look at Vernard to see his reaction before she continued. She doubted that any of his men would have caught the innuendo, and she didn't particularly care if they did. "You see, I have no intention of seeing any more of my, or your, people die needlessly."

"As such I, taking some sage advice into account, have decided to bring new terms to the table. When I have finished speaking we can discuss these terms, but for the moment I would appreciate if you would hear me out." Isolde then laid out the terms that Vernard had proposed, with a few more of her own thrown in for good measure. She continued to speak without pause, not wanting to give the others a chance to interrupt.

"Now," She said as she finished speaking "a lot of what I have outlined will be too much to take on faith and a treaty. Your leader, Vernard, has proposed a way to seal the pact between our nations." Isolde turned to Vernard expectantly. She had told his men of everything except for the marriage. She decided that it would be best left to him, and she was sure to say that it was his idea.
 
Vernard

"Thank you Queen Isolde," Vernard said while he filled his glass.

He looked over at Isolde, wanting this meeting to be done with so her could return to her chambers and discuss the finer details of their alliance. Though he wasn't sure if that would happen yet, he still had no idea if Isolde was going to test the suitability of the other ambassadors before choosing him as her consort.

"As the Queen suggested, I thought it best that we seal this alliance with a traditional marriage."

Before he could continued, Roldock, one of the negotiators who had caused Isolde the most annoyance spoke up.

"Marriage...to who," he pointed at Freya, "one of her unimportant councilors."

Freya just smiled back at him, neither insulted nor excited by the way his eyes had stared at her hard to conceal bosom. She did however imagine the many ways she could make him suffer if given the chance.

"No, to Queen Isolde herself."

Those words caused a stunned silence for only a brief moment before Roldock said with a grin.

"Oh now that is a real alliance, and who would the political pawn from our side be." The look he gave Isolde showed that he would not mind being that candidate, even if he saw it only as a pawn.
"Queen Isolde and her advisors will chose someone they find worthy."
 
Queen Isolde

Isolde was amused to see that the idea of an alliance took the Ambassadors by surprise. They were obviously so convinced that she would fall to her knees before them and beg for mercy, desperate for any terms they would receive. Roldock's rude dismissal of Freya irked Isolde, and only went to prove that he, of all the advisers, was completely unsuitable for the match. Freya wasn't disturbed by it at the least, and a twitch in the corner of her mouth told Isolde that she actually found it amusing. If Isolde knew Freya well enough, she was probably imagining what Rodlock would look like bent over with his bare arse expose as Freya plundered it.

"My most trusted advisers and I have already discussed the matter." Isolde said. "We have decided that no one in your party is suitable for a match," when she said this she gave Rodlock a particularly scathing look. "Thus far, the only man suitable that we have met from your land is Vernard himself."

Isolde didn't look at Vernard when she said this. Instead she focused on the advisers to gauge their reaction. It was interesting that a leader of Vernard's age from his culture was unmarried. Isolde wasn't going to guess as to why this was, but the reaction from his countrymen would most likely tell her something about the issue.
 
Vernard

"Vernard!" Roldock burst out, "what makes him qualified?"

"True," Laric, another of more outspoken ambassadors agreed, "in our lands Vernard is regarded as the leader because he fights with the men. But the country is governed by the council, of which we are but a few, but all worthy to forge the alliance.

Laric had been a bit cleverer than Roldock since coming to the mountain realm. He had desired Isolde from the moment he met her but unlike the others had listened to what was said away from the council chambers. He had heard about Isolde's voracious appetite and desired that most of all, and now he saw a chance to perhaps become the man to satisfy that. He was young, handsome and healthy and saw himself as an experienced lover.

"But is Vernard also not a member of the council," Maalo pointed out. He of all the foreigners gathered had suspected what was happening, and was glad for it. Too long he had watched his friend spend his time alone since his wife had been taken by the desert tribes. And although Vernard had called for the company of women on occasion, his quiet silence told Maalo his friend had discovered something he desired.
 
Queen Isolde

"In Vernard's time as a captive I have had the chance to get to know him to a degree. What I have learnt qualifies him; the soldiers captured with him have deep respect and regard for him, he is strong and determined yet not so much that it is a detriment, he knows when to be respectful and when boundaries need to be pushed, and he has gained an understanding of my people that some of your council members clearly lack." Isolde said, looking at Roldock again.

"That said, I am sure that there are others among you that may prove worthy of an alliance." Isolde said, turning to Laric and gracing him with a small smile. "However, time is of the essence and we have wasted enough of it. You have until mid day to talk between yourselves and offer an alternative to Vernard. My council and I will consider another offer. If you have no others to propose then you are welcome to return to me and tell me if you wish for the alliance, or if you wish to end the cease fire. Either decision will sit fine with me, and if you choose the latter you will have three days to leave my country before our mercy runs out."

Isolde got to her feet and nodded at her advisers.

"We will return at mid day to see what conclusion you have reached. Vernard, you may stay and discuss this issue with your fellows if you wish, if not you are welcome to accompany me on a round of the parapets."
 
Vernard

"Thank you Queen Isolde, but I think this is best something I left the council to discuss without me." He looked at Maalo, "I am sure the best interests of the people will be served in my absence. And I am also not privy to what has been happening while I have been your captive."

He also felt it best let the decision be theirs as he potentially stood the most to gain.

"I am sure you or your councilors can put my skills to better use," he looked at Freya with a sly smile that lead onto Isolde.
 
Queen Isolde

Isolde had imagined that Vernard would relish the chance to talk to his peers after being her captive for so long. His reasoning made sense though, and she was not about to question his judgement. She was amused by his reference to Freya, but didn't address it until they were out of the room.

"You have until mid day." Isolde said, looking at Vernard. "You can choose how to spend your time until then."

Up until this point Isolde had kept tight reigns on Vernard's decisions. She had decided where he was kept, what time Elara would see him, what women would be present in the bathing chambers whilst he was there, and then she had held the power whilst in the boudoir as well. This time, Isolde decided to allow Vernard to choose. She was curious to see what he would do with this taste of freedom.
 
Vernard

He was a little surprised by the offer of freedom. He could see that Isolde did not expect him to want to spend the time walking the gardens or practicing. She expected him to use the chance tospend some time with the ladies he liked, and she was right. Vernard had been frustrated the night before and all this time spend looking at Isolde and Freya had roused his blood.

"In that case," he grinned, "Queen Isolde, Lady Freya should we retire to the royal bedchamber? I am sure the Queen would like to observe her future kings newly acquired skills in action."

He winked at Freya, "and I believe a deal was struck last night, which I intend to claim now." He looked at Isolde again, "and I am sure Isolde has no issue with watching her future husband, have his way with one of her advisors."

He didn't wait for an answer but turned on his heel and strode out of the room.
 
Back
Top