An Ode To Writers

Bebop3

Really Experienced
Joined
Oct 24, 2017
Posts
293
Hi!

So, there are some writers and stories that I admire on Literotica. At the end of every story or chapter that I write, I have an afterward where I thank anyone that helped with the story and I also recommend a story that I've enjoyed.

I was wondering what the etiquette is for including a fleeting mention of something from someone elses work if the author is no longer around.

For example. Bob Roberts writes a story about a sports caster who falls in love with different women in the towns he has to travel to. The characters name is Jerry Jerryson. It's a wonderful story, masterfully told.

Would it be out of line for me to give a tip of the hat to the author and the story by including something in a story I write like "Jim helped pass the time on his boring drive by listening to Jerry Jerryson call the Cubs game."?

I understand that there are no hard and fast rules. Just looking for opinions here.

Thanks!
 
I think it's a nice gesture, although I haven't done that myself, except in on essay on editors when I thanked my editor by name. I certainly don't see any harm in it. If it's another other, it might be a nice way to steer other readers to him or her.
 
A minor use like that wouldn't present a copyright problem. You might want to observe the particular use in your comment to avoid a charge of plagiarism. It seems fair to me if you do that.
 
Back
Top