In State of the Union, Obama to return to jobs and the economy

Well if google sayz it....that's etched in stone.... DEA isn't even stepping foot in WA right now and the DOJ is fucking clueless as to how to handle the fact that the population of not only this state but another as well told them all to go suck for blow. Not to mention the 16 other states that have medical.

States right's baby and that's why WA get's their slice, fed doesn't want to take my money? NO PROBLEM!!! I tried.....no longer my fuckin' issue. If the fed want's their slice of this 80-120 billion dollar a year industry they are going to have to pull the stick out of their ass. Otherwise states are going to make money and the fed can QQ all the way home as they spend just as much money in their woefully failed fight against it.

I know you are a lefty who worships the centralized federal government, ready and willing to be subjugated, little more than a peon bitch boy. But as far as these issues go (pot and guns)....your side is fucking looooosing horribly to the will of the people.

funny-gifs-deal-with-it.gif

Nice Sig
 
Ahhh, the broad brush huh, you ignorant mother fucker.

Dig up the threads I defended Bush beyond Iraq, please. Back up your ignorant posts with some facts here. STEVE

Yah, I'm provoking your ignorant ass. By the way, my name is Bill, pleased to meet you Steve.

You see STEVE, you have never been able to treat with me as an individual. You've consistently lumped me in with some group as defined by PBS, NSNBC, SLC, or the GBLA.

Unlike so many others I don't 'edit' my posts with abandon. The few that are edited are edited for content, not grammar or, God knows, spelling.

You are rapidly becoming another Luke/Sean/Riff. Just another piece of shit with nothing of value to contribute to a discussion, any discussion.

Ishmael

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the theater?"

You used the Iraq War as a tool to impugn the patriotism of anyone who didn't agree with you for years. You were the Bush Administration's biggest cheerleader for almost three years, quite an accomplishment on a board that features Busybody and your situational Native American "bro" Dances With Falsehoods.

Remember your myriad posts about how we were just about to find WMDs in Iraq? Each time someone would bring up the subject, you lectured us on how we had to wait for Scott Ritter's report....everything else was "premature".

And then when Ritter didn't deliver the report you hoped and prayed for, you blithely dismissed it and told us all it was time to "move on".

You were one of Bush's biggest cheerleaders for years. The only things I ever recall you disagreeing with him on was his nomination of Harriet Myers and his tentative outreach to Hispanics. Your fear and loathing of all things Spanish-speaking is the only thing that will trump your slavish devotion to the man.

Of course, you can't admit that you were one of the hardcore 25%, the bitter enders who insisted there couldn't possibly be a recession during a Republican administration.

It's 2013, and your revisionism is once again in full bloom.

You're an intellectually dishonest person at your core, Ishmael, and people know it....and worst of all for you, they call you out on it.

derpish_zpsc59640e9.jpg
 
Last edited:
Ahhh, the broad brush huh, you ignorant mother fucker.

Dig up the threads I defended Bush beyond Iraq, please. Back up your ignorant posts with some facts here. STEVE

Yah, I'm provoking your ignorant ass. By the way, my name is Bill, pleased to meet you Steve.

You see STEVE, you have never been able to treat with me as an individual. You've consistently lumped me in with some group as defined by PBS, NSNBC, SLC, or the GBLA.

Unlike so many others I don't 'edit' my posts with abandon. The few that are edited are edited for content, not grammar or, God knows, spelling.

You are rapidly becoming another Luke/Sean/Riff. Just another piece of shit with nothing of value to contribute to a discussion, any discussion.

Ishmael

Since zip and his soulmate Throb people are members to the special group, good old white guys and their group is in control of the economy, they have to have a group of enemies that are thwarting all of their good intentions and if you do not agree with their daily bleatings and continually evolving and changing political postures, then you are in the group bad guys and do not have to be treated as individuals. When they controlled Germany, they did not look the Jews in the eye and kill them one-by-one, they herded them into box cars, struck up the band so they would not hear their wailing and laments, their cries for mercy, and then shipped them off to be worked, starved and gassed to death, as a group. We see the same when they angrily lash out at "the rich" and when the rich quit producing as a class, then they angrily lash out at the upper middle class until their lashes suddenly turn into a frenetic self-flagellation.

You and I are simply less than human to them since we insist that we be treated as individuals and not angry old white men who greedily cling to the fruits of their life of labor.

They want our lives, in the literal and the figurative sense of the word for they have convinced themselves that theft is honor and our example and words lay bare that self-taught lie and it angers them that their hypocrisy os so easily exposed for they profess not a life of charity and sacrifice but rather seem as intent as their enemies at keeping their fruit. They just want that portion of other people's lives that have deemed were lived in the original sin of profit. But you know none of this persistent gaggle of name-callers has ever turned down a raise in their lives; neither have they taken up vows of poverty.
 
You and I are simply less than human to them since we insist that we be treated as individuals and not angry old white men who greedily cling to the fruits of their life of labor.

You and Ishmael are the very epitome of "angry old white men", my situational Native American friend.
 
It never ceases to amaze me at how diligently you play your part proving everything we say about what the Modern Democrat has become...

You would thing that you would be bright enough to at least try and hide your loathsome sense of style when the charge is leveled and the lack of civil manner highlighted, but you are truly that blind to what you, zip, Petey, U_D, and Jenn14 have become; cowardly haters who want to be put on ignore so that you can double-down on your venomous choruses content that now everyone either sounds exactly like you or has been bullied into a corner to be freely and mindlessly shouted at whenever you have ten minutes to spare out of your meaningless and frivolous life.

Real men are made of sterner stuff.
 
One good cut-n-paste deserves another!

It never ceases to amaze me at how diligently you play your part proving everything we say about what the Modern Democrat has become...

You would thing that you would be bright enough to at least try and hide your loathsome sense of style when the charge is leveled and the lack of civil manner highlighted, but you are truly that blind to what you, zip, Petey, U_D, and Jenn14 have become; cowardly haters who want to be put on ignore so that you can double-down on your venomous choruses content that now everyone either sounds exactly like you or has been bullied into a corner to be freely and mindlessly shouted at whenever you have ten minutes to spare out of your meaningless and frivolous life.

In a perfect world, you'd be free to "level charges" all day and your poliitical opponents would play defense 24/7.

Unfortunately for you, there's this concept called "reality" that keeps intruding upon your carefully constructed cocoon.

As the last presidential election showed you, actions have consequences.

Deal with it.

Real men are made of sterner stuff.

Real men father their own children. ;)
 
The Democratic solution to a failed program?

Expansion!

[and yet we wonder why the Middle-Class continues to shrink, earn less and find less employment]

Preschool Science
The Editors, NRO
February 16, 2013

It is a little-appreciated irony of history that the big-bang theory was at first welcomed by Christian thinkers such as Pope Pius XII, and rejected by such scientific icons as Albert Einstein, for the same reason: It suggests a creation event, or at least leaves room for one, which, to the mind of Einstein, a devotee of the steady-state theory of the universe, was intellectually unacceptable, even though the evidence supported it. Such is the well-earned prestige of the scientific calling that Barack Obama, not known to be a man of science, famously promised to “restore science to its rightful place” in political life, unlike those flat-earthers in the Bush administration. We all adore science — right up until the moment it tells us something we do not wish to hear.

During his State of the Union address, President Obama demanded a massive expansion of federal spending on pre-kindergarten education, just a few weeks after having attempted to bury a report from the Department of Health and Human Services finding that the largest program in the field, Head Start, produces negligible results, and sometimes produces negative results. The study, released on the Friday before Christmas so as to minimize public attention to it, was hardly the first of its kind. The best scientific research we have — going back decades now — finds that Head Start does not provide the promised benefits, and indeed provides few if any benefits at all despite its extravagant annual cost of $23,000 per student, well more than double the cost of many highly regarded private schools and full-day kindergartens. Studies of early-childhood-education programs many orders of magnitude more intensive than Head Start come to similar conclusions.

The results of the HHS study will be of no surprise to anybody who has followed the research on Head Start and similar programs. The “impacts” documented in the study were transitory, vanishing entirely by the early stages of elementary-school education. And some of the impacts were negative; for instance, members of the three-year-old cohort who participated in Head Start were less likely than those in the control group to achieve regular grade promotion. That probably is not evidence that Head Start hurt the three-year-olds; it is more probable that, by random chance, students more likely to be held back were assigned to the Head Start group, and the benefits of Head Start were not consistent enough or large enough to overcome the difference. (The result was considered “statistically significant,” but that merely means it is unlikely — not impossible — for it to be the result of chance.) But the inability of Head Start to overcome the effects of randomness is damning enough in itself.

It was not the American Enterprise Institute or Cato but President Obama’s own Department of Health and Human Services that concluded: “There were initial positive impacts from having access to Head Start, but by the end of 3rd grade there were very few impacts found for either cohort in any of the four domains of cognitive, social-emotional, health and parenting practices. The few impacts that were found did not show a clear pattern of favorable or unfavorable impacts for children. . . . Similar conclusions about the size and lack of persistence of early impacts were reported in a recent broader meta-analysis of early childhood interventions.”

It is no surprise that the administration would wish to ignore these findings. It handled another educational study in a similarly underhanded fashion: The administration intentionally delayed the release of a Department of Education study documenting the effectiveness of the D.C. Opportunity scholarship program, which is abominated by the teachers’ unions, which played a large role in making Barack Obama president because it puts power into the hands of parents rather than public-school administrators. Head Start, by contrast, puts money into the pockets of educators’ unions, which recycle those funds into campaign donations, overwhelmingly to Democrats. One of these programs provides documented benefits, both educational and financial, while one does not. But the Obama administration, in contravention of the best scientific evidence we have, is poised to shunt billions of dollars into the ineffective program while strangling the effective one.

Head Start sounds like the sort of thing that ought to work. It is certainly well-intentioned. But the problem turns out to be more complex than our education theorists have accounted for, and the evidence shows incontrovertibly that the program simply does not perform as advertised. To paraphrase F. A. Hayek, it is the curious task of social scientists to demonstrate to politicians how little they know about what they imagine they can plan. There is an ideology at work behind the cult of Head Start, the usual liberal dream of human perfectibility that insists human beings are blank slates on every score except sexual orientation.

Early-childhood programs other than Head Start face similar shortcomings. One of the most intensive attempts at early intervention was the experimental Abecedarian Early Intervention Project, conducted by the Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute in the 1970s. The goal was to see if early intervention could prevent what was known at the time as “sociocultural retardation,” or low IQ and poor educational performance related to economic conditions and other environmental factors. The program was enormously ambitious in its scope, amounting to surrogate parenting. An overwhelmingly African-American group of infants — average age 4.4 months — from poor families were given between six and eight hours a day of highly personalized educational attention, along with nutritional supplementation, health care, and other social services, for a period of five years.

The results, like those of Head Start, were inconclusive. Most of the benefits realized in the five-year program were already evident at six months of age, leading early-childhood-education scholar Herman Spitz to conclude that “four and a half years of massive intervention ended with virtually no effect.” Whether those differences at six months were the result of the intervention or simply the product of faulty experimental randomization remains a matter of dispute. What is not in dispute is that Abecedarian was much more ambitious than anything that is plausibly on offer from the federal government, and that its benefits were far from obvious.

There are two questions that need to be answered here. One is whether early-education programs work at all. The answer for programs such as Head Start is clearly “no.” The answer for more intensive programs along the lines of the Abecedarian Project is “probably not.” The second question is whether the $23,000 per student per year spent on Head Start or the much larger sum that would be required for a more intensive program might be put to some better use. The answer to that question is almost certainly “yes.”

A third question — whether any of this really matters to the Obama administration — is relevant, though not subject to rigorous empirical study. But the administration has shown itself immune to what somebody once called the inconvenient truth, which comes at a measurable cost to taxpayers and an immeasurable cost to the disadvantaged children we might be helping if we substituted educational policies that work for those that do not.

Bad Socialist ideas never, ever go away; they just require more funding...

Who pays the tax? Certainly not the poor, certainly not the business and less clearly understood is that it is not the rich, so who is left...

Hmmm...

Who could that possibly be?

Malcolm in the Middle?

John Galt?
 
Ahhh, the broad brush huh, you ignorant mother fucker.

Dig up the threads I defended Bush beyond Iraq, please. Back up your ignorant posts with some facts here. STEVE

Yah, I'm provoking your ignorant ass. By the way, my name is Bill, pleased to meet you Steve.

You see STEVE, you have never been able to treat with me as an individual. You've consistently lumped me in with some group as defined by PBS, NSNBC, SLC, or the GBLA.

Unlike so many others I don't 'edit' my posts with abandon. The few that are edited are edited for content, not grammar or, God knows, spelling.

You are rapidly becoming another Luke/Sean/Riff. Just another piece of shit with nothing of value to contribute to a discussion, any discussion.

Ishmael

I'll back you to an extent, Ish. You and Injun didn't gush over everything Bush did, but you didn't exactly go out of your way to bash his more stupid ideas either the way you do with Obama (or Clinton and Carter - zip had a point there). And some of Bush's stupid ideas are big ones that we'll live with for decades to come. The Bush bashing from the right is relatively recent and didn't really start until the 2008 election was approaching and it became hard for conservatives to stay quiet about Bush when it was obvious the Republicans were already doing a lot of the stuff you were complaining that Obama or Clinton would do if elected.

I understand; I really do. It's natural. I've been pretty quiet about the stupid side of Obama too (though I'm on record early on being against the heath care thing - and the current gun-control debate is just - hell, I don't even have a good description for it). But let's be honest. Being quiet about stupid isn't good, even when it gives ammo (figuratively, at least) to your enemies.

And the broad-brush thing is hardly a leftist thing either. Both sides (you included) use it with abandon at times.
 
That's because stupid is subjective.

We were all over him on economics, but as soon as he got a little popular in the polls, he got nothing positive from any of you, so you cannot expect us to be positive about the Democrat Party because it more resembles the Throbs of this board than it does you, and yes, you have been far too silent leaving these clowns to own the discussion and to drag it down to the point where no one wants to have a discussion knowing that at the first hint of disagreement with the Left, the topic will be abandoned and the poster will become both topic and target.

We have been nowhere near as nasty about Obama as your side was about Bush and then Palin and next, Rubio.

We have stuck to the known facts about the man and not taken up flights of fancy as Dan Rather did. The man was, is and will remain a dedicated Progressive, Marxist Socialist and his economic acumen is leading us down a path of ruin and his foreign policy has been nothing short of total hypocrisy and he is being backed by the loud and angry Democrats and the press and with their silence, that part of the Democratic Party still actually capable of holding some sort of a conversation.
__________________
“I used to think the left wing was the home of tolerance, open-mindedness, respect for all viewpoints…
But, now I’ve learned the truth the hard way.


The big lesson for me [working at NPR] was the intolerance of so-called liberals. I say intolerance because I grew up as a black Democrat in Brooklyn, N.Y., and always thought it was the Archie Bunker Republicans who practiced intolerance. My experience at NPR revealed to me how rigid liberals can be when their orthodoxy is challenged. I was the devil for simply raising questions, offering a different viewpoint, not shutting my mouth about the excesses of liberalism — a bad guy, a traitor to the cause.
Juan Williams
 
That's because stupid is subjective.

We were all over him on economics, but as soon as he got a little popular in the polls, he got nothing positive from any of you, so you cannot expect us to be positive about the Democrat Party because it more resembles the Throbs of this board than it does you, and yes, you have been far too silent leaving these clowns to own the discussion and to drag it down to the point where no one wants to have a discussion knowing that at the first hint of disagreement with the Left, the topic will be abandoned and the poster will become both topic and target.

We have been nowhere near as nasty about Obama as your side was about Bush and then Palin and next, Rubio.

We have stuck to the known facts about the man and not taken up flights of fancy as Dan Rather did. The man was, is and will remain a dedicated Progressive, Marxist Socialist and his economic acumen is leading us down a path of ruin and his foreign policy has been nothing short of total hypocrisy and he is being backed by the loud and angry Democrats and the press and with their silence, that part of the Democratic Party still actually capable of holding some sort of a conversation.
__________________
“I used to think the left wing was the home of tolerance, open-mindedness, respect for all viewpoints…
But, now I’ve learned the truth the hard way.


The big lesson for me [working at NPR] was the intolerance of so-called liberals. I say intolerance because I grew up as a black Democrat in Brooklyn, N.Y., and always thought it was the Archie Bunker Republicans who practiced intolerance. My experience at NPR revealed to me how rigid liberals can be when their orthodoxy is challenged. I was the devil for simply raising questions, offering a different viewpoint, not shutting my mouth about the excesses of liberalism — a bad guy, a traitor to the cause.
Juan Williams

some stupid is universal

just sayin
 
That's because stupid is subjective.

We were all over him on economics, but as soon as he got a little popular in the polls, he got nothing positive from any of you, so you cannot expect us to be positive about the Democrat Party because it more resembles the Throbs of this board than it does you, and yes, you have been far too silent leaving these clowns to own the discussion and to drag it down to the point where no one wants to have a discussion knowing that at the first hint of disagreement with the Left, the topic will be abandoned and the poster will become both topic and target.

We have been nowhere near as nasty about Obama as your side was about Bush and then Palin and next, Rubio.

We have stuck to the known facts about the man and not taken up flights of fancy as Dan Rather did. The man was, is and will remain a dedicated Progressive, Marxist Socialist and his economic acumen is leading us down a path of ruin and his foreign policy has been nothing short of total hypocrisy and he is being backed by the loud and angry Democrats and the press and with their silence, that part of the Democratic Party still actually capable of holding some sort of a conversation.
__________________

ROTFLMAO.
 
We have been nowhere near as nasty about Obama as your side was about Bush and then Palin and next, Rubio.


"Sarah Palin is really dumb and says dumb things!"

"Obama is an evil communist nazi black revolutionary Hitler Muslim extremist who sides with terrorrists and is willfully seeking the total destruction of America and wants to enlsave us all!"



The Sarah Palin comment is worse!
 
Last edited:
As I have commented numerous time recently, global currency wars are heating up as every nation believes it can export its way out of a slump.

In spite of statements by Bundesbank President Jens Weidmann, it's important to note that Weidmann does not set ECB policy. Realistically, Weidmann appears to have as much influence on ECB policy as hawks have on Fed policy (and that is not much).

The ECB wants a cheaper euro, the Fed wants a cheaper dollar, China wants a cheaper yuan, and Japan wants a cheaper yen.

Mathematical reality says that's impossible, yet that is what every country wants to achieve.
Read more at http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/#FZAqJGv045OXtC5I.99
 
It's not time to shoot the bastards yet . . .


but it's getting closer to time every day.
 
Ahhh, the broad brush huh, you ignorant mother fucker.

Dig up the threads I defended Bush beyond Iraq, please. Back up your ignorant posts with some facts here. STEVE

Yah, I'm provoking your ignorant ass. By the way, my name is Bill, pleased to meet you Steve.

You see STEVE, you have never been able to treat with me as an individual. You've consistently lumped me in with some group as defined by PBS, NSNBC, SLC, or the GBLA.

Unlike so many others I don't 'edit' my posts with abandon. The few that are edited are edited for content, not grammar or, God knows, spelling.

You are rapidly becoming another Luke/Sean/Riff. Just another piece of shit with nothing of value to contribute to a discussion, any discussion.

Ishmael

Why? So you can run away and ignore it like the pussy you have proven yourself to be time and time again? Go fuck yourself you limp-dicked, flaccid excuse for a man.

The reason you don't care about your name on here is you outed yourself trying to prove that you cured cancer. Only that didn't work out like you thought it would, did it Billy boy? You're a pathetic liar and revisionist.

You didn't bash him on the deficit. You either defended him or attacked Clinton. Same as A_J did. Same as Vetteman did. You're all just too damn gutless to admit it.

So go swing your limp dick elsewhere you impotent moron.
 
I'll back you to an extent, Ish. You and Injun didn't gush over everything Bush did, but you didn't exactly go out of your way to bash his more stupid ideas either the way you do with Obama (or Clinton and Carter - zip had a point there). And some of Bush's stupid ideas are big ones that we'll live with for decades to come. The Bush bashing from the right is relatively recent and didn't really start until the 2008 election was approaching and it became hard for conservatives to stay quiet about Bush when it was obvious the Republicans were already doing a lot of the stuff you were complaining that Obama or Clinton would do if elected.

I understand; I really do. It's natural. I've been pretty quiet about the stupid side of Obama too (though I'm on record early on being against the heath care thing - and the current gun-control debate is just - hell, I don't even have a good description for it). But let's be honest. Being quiet about stupid isn't good, even when it gives ammo (figuratively, at least) to your enemies.

And the broad-brush thing is hardly a leftist thing either. Both sides (you included) use it with abandon at times.

I never said they "gushed." But whenever there was any criticism of Bush, they either defended him or attacked Clinton (or Carter or any other democrat).

My point is that the criticism (and I don't think what the RCWJ does is close to
bashing) all started after he left office.
 
Back
Top