In State of the Union, Obama to return to jobs and the economy

As long as they think it is their government, they do not care.

Remember how so many of these very same posters came here day-after-day-after-day all wound up on how the Bush Administration was destroying the middle class, making the poor poorer, spending all that money on war, engaging in crony capitalism and creating the worst economy in 50 years, 100 years, since Quintillus!

Ish wasn't talking about any particular side of the spectrum playing the "it's a loophole" word manipulation. Both sides clearly do it - and I agree with Ish that it's gamey as hell.

This is why you shouldn't be iggying everyone who disagrees with you, you need our help with reading comprehension.

As long as they think it is their government, they do not care.

Remember how so many of these very same posters came here day-after-day-after-day all wound up on how the Bush Administration was destroying the middle class, making the poor poorer, spending all that money on war, engaging in crony capitalism and creating the worst economy in 50 years, 100 years, since Quintillus!

What’s the difference between economic stimulus and loophole for the rich? the Democrats standings in the polls.
A_J, the Stupid

That is the irony in all of this. When it goes to your cronies and your pet pipe dream, it is a stimulus, but when the sword cuts both ways and your opposition also happens to benefit, then it is a loophole.

;) ;)

When Government gets so powerful that its purchase price is cost effective, even imperative, to business, then business will purchase government indulgences.
A_J, the Stupid

"I wonder when it will dawn on the citizenry that any tax based on income in inherently unfair?"

Never. It feels good to hurt someone when you do not amount to what you think you are worth.

If you think it is acceptable to take a percentage of someone's income above your station in life, then everyone in that station, as well as everyone below your station in life will find it perfectly acceptable to take like amount from you.
A_J, the Stupid

Of course I do, and I remember how we, the conservatives, excoriated Bush for that and so many other initiatives he put in place, or at least attempted to put in place. It is painfully obvious that the left has steadfastly ignored, or forgotten, what we wrote back then.

Ish wasn't talking about any particular side of the spectrum playing the "it's a loophole" word manipulation. Both sides clearly do it - and I agree with Ish that it's gamey as hell.

This is why you shouldn't be iggying everyone who disagrees with you, you need our help with reading comprehension.

You had best start realizing that the entrenched core of BOTH parties are frog marching the populace down the road to the same destination..........the ruination of the Republic. Oh, to be certain they are taking different roads, but the end destination is the same, a cliff not unlike the one Thelma and Louise went over.

Ishmael

Exactly, but no matter how many studies prove that Head Start is a failure, the Lefties here will never speak disparagingly of it, but any one of us who mentions it hates education and even more so, hates educating minorities because we are Racists...

;) ;)

But we were against No Child Left Behind, Part D and all of his other spending proclivities aimed at restoring the trust of the Left in Conservative Governance meaning that he abandoned his principle(s) and earned no credit or interest.

Why do you even bother talking to that idiot?

All we need is a Republican President and suddenly he will be on our side.

We do not require allies, or enemies, of such fickle myopic temperament.

You had best start realizing that the entrenched core of BOTH parties are frog marching the populace down the road to the same destination..........the ruination of the Republic. Oh, to be certain they are taking different roads, but the end destination is the same, a cliff not unlike the one Thelma and Louise went over.

Ishmael

Shouldn't we blame voters though? They elect people who promise loads of benefits, strong defense, low taxes, then only promise to cut spending as long as the cuts aren't on anything in specific.

Medicare is the largest expenditure moving forward and voters don't want it cut. Voters generally don't want defense cut much and many want more spending on it. For instance Romney just ran on promising $2 trillion more if it plus another $750 billion in Medicare because he thought that voters wanted it and I guess many of them did.

So yeah, I'd suggest that most people who are bitching about government spending are the the reason there's so much of it in the first place.

Last edited:
Exactly, but no matter how many studies prove that Head Start is a failure, the Lefties here will never speak disparagingly of it, but any one of us who mentions it hates education and even more so, hates educating minorities because we are Racists...

;) ;)

But we were against No Child Left Behind, Part D and all of his other spending proclivities aimed at restoring the trust of the Left in Conservative Governance meaning that he abandoned his principle(s) and earned no credit or interest.

I always try to keep at least one off ignore. Considering that they all get their talking points from the Soro's camp, if you read one, you've read them all. Besides, There are still more reads than posts so there is always a chance of reaching someone out there.

As to the rest of your post, you, Byron, myself and more than a few others are more than aware of the selective memories of the left.

Ishmael

I'm not really disagreeing with Ish. In fact I've found myself mostly in agreement with him the past two of three discussions we've had.

Besides, interacting with me doesn't require sorting through reams of paste spam.

I always try to keep at least one off ignore. Considering that they all get their talking points from the Soro's camp, if you read one, you've read them all. Besides, There are still more reads than posts so there is always a chance of reaching someone out there.

As to the rest of your post, you, Byron, myself and more than a few others are more than aware of the selective memories of the left.

Ishmael

I bitched about Bush for six years, and through all that time the Republicans on this board never trashed me the way the Democrats do now that "their guy" is "in charge."

They were angry when Bush was President, but they seem even more angry now that Obama is President.

Maybe it's just disappointment.

Maybe, it's who they really are and have been all along.
A_J, the Wiser

;) ;)

;) ;)

Chief, I realize that you and the rest of the fringe right have internalized the meme that "Project Head Start is a Failure. A FAILURE, DAMMIT!"

That meme has been pushed continually by the likes of Cato, the Heritage Foundation, the WSJ and of course your beloved American Thinker.

Unfortunately for you guys, that meme is simply not true. These "studies" you breathlessly trumpet are simply exercises in cherry picking, and have been soundly discredited.

Feel free to continue pushing your cherry-pickings....but don't be surprised if the rest of the board laughs in your face.

Of course I do, and I remember how we, the conservatives, excoriated Bush for that and so many other initiatives he put in place, or at least attempted to put in place. It is painfully obvious that the left has steadfastly ignored, or forgotten, what we wrote back then.

Ishmael

Bwahahahaha. :D

That is now officially the single biggest example of revisionist history I have ever seen on these boards.

What you conservatives did back then was either defend Bush vociferously or you shifted to attacking Clinton.

100% legal actually...for recreation too,

So yea...the people of this state voted to tell the fed to fuck off....
tumblr_livhi6uXLd1qi7deco1_500.gif

Calling me a criminal....man that's going to have to be a solid ass argument in a pretty grey realm of quasi legality even federal prosecutors are having trouble with....good luck!! :D

Interesting...that's not what Google says. You are a criminal. Do you pay taxes on your income you make from selling your dope? How about SS tax? Or how about Medicare tax? I am assuming you are familiar with these...

Last edited:
Interesting...that's not what Google says. You are a criminal. Do you pay taxes on your income you make from selling your dope? How about SS tax? Or how about Medicare tax? I am assuming you are familiar with these...

Well if google sayz it....that's etched in stone.... DEA isn't even stepping foot in WA right now and the DOJ is fucking clueless as to how to handle the fact that the population of not only this state but another as well told them all to go suck for blow. Not to mention the 16 other states that have medical.

States right's baby and that's why WA get's their slice, fed doesn't want to take my money? NO PROBLEM!!! I tried.....no longer my fuckin' issue. If the fed want's their slice of this 80-120 billion dollar a year industry they are going to have to pull the stick out of their ass. Otherwise states are going to make money and the fed can QQ all the way home as they spend just as much money in their woefully failed fight against it.

I know you are a lefty who worships the centralized federal government, ready and willing to be subjugated, little more than a peon bitch boy. But as far as these issues go (pot and guns)....your side is fucking looooosing horribly to the will of the people.

funny-gifs-deal-with-it.gif

Last edited:
Bwahahahaha. :D

That is now officially the single biggest example of revisionist history I have ever seen on these boards.

What you conservatives did back then was either defend Bush vociferously or you shifted to attacking Clinton.

don't forget Carter

after four presidents and twenty five years they were still blaming Carter

Those who defended the nincompoop George W. Bush included only his mother and cranky-bastard Karl "Bad Ticker" Rove.

don't forget Carter

after four presidents and twenty five years they were still blaming Carter

I've never seen this level of revisionist history before.

With rare exceptions, they defended or deflected every drop of criticism.

Even vette can't admit that the patriot act was the biggest restriction of inidividual freedom in the last 70 years.

Personally, I hate the fact that Obama hasn't worked to repeal it and consider it one of the worst things he has done.

Well if google sayz it....that's etched in stone.... DEA isn't even stepping foot in WA right now and the DOJ is fucking clueless as to how to handle the fact that the population of not only this state but another as well told them all to go suck for blow. Not to mention the 16 other states that have medical.

States right's baby and that's why WA get's their slice, fed doesn't want to take my money? NO PROBLEM!!! I tried.....no longer my fuckin' issue. If the fed want's their slice of this 80-120 billion dollar a year industry they are going to have to pull the stick out of their ass. Otherwise states are going to make money and the fed can QQ all the way home as they spend just as much money in their woefully failed fight against it.

I know you are a lefty who worships the centralized federal government, ready and willing to be subjugated, little more than a peon bitch boy. But as far as these issues go (pot and guns)....your side is fucking looooosing horribly to the will of the people.
I think you will be the one surprised. Income is income big guy. If it isn't reported, and if taxes are not paid on it, you can be having some fun explaining that to the IRS when they come knocking. And guess what...it is free money to them...they are looking :D

I think you will be the one surprised. Income is income big guy. If it isn't reported, and if taxes are not paid on it, you can be having some fun explaining that to the IRS when they come knocking. And guess what...it is free money to them...they are looking :D

Why on earth would they bother me? I make 50k a year off military retirement and live in a more than affordable rental and drive a 12,000 dollar kia, occasionally I whip the 72 Datusn 510 out....ohhh that's a whoping 5,000 dollar car paid for years ago. Where is this extra income you suspect me of having and not paying taxes on at?? :confused:

Even if I were stupid enough to give the IRS a reason to beef with me when they get here ALL paperwork has every last T crossed and I dotted, accounting for every fucking penny. ;) I didn't fast track through the military without learning a few things about government bureaucracy and beating "tha man" to death with his own rule book.

Last edited:
I said it wasn't worse than what FDR did during his administration. I don't like the hassles at the airport either, or diminished freedom, but Bush didn't imprison a class of people, he didn't seize private property, he didn't ration everything under the sun, he didn't take over the entire American economy like FDR did.

So then you do agree that Bush diminshed more freedoms than any other president since FDR. That's over 70 years.

And since that includes the current democrat then your current cries of tyranny are the height of hypocrisy.

That's the point.

Back