Shy Sexy Texan

Venting

So this isn't an "am pic" post - it's personal - but I feel like this is my own little spot in these threads so here I come to vent.

I became friends with a man over a year ago through these forums. He and I became very close and I shared personal details of my life with him. One of these being that I'm married and the other being that I have a child.

For those of you who have befriended me over the past couple years, this is not news to you as these are not details that I hide. In short, my marriage is crap. There are several things that led to this situation but in the end we live like roommates and are far from being in love. Life is expensive and complicated - especially when you have a child. Divorce is certainly in my future, as I desperately want to finally be happy - to find "the one". But as I get finances in order so that I can adequately care for myself and my daughter, I am still married to my husband.

I don't like to label myself as a cheater - but I know that's what I am. It's not something I make a habit of or something I take lightly. I don't get off on cheating. More so than physical - I've emotionally cheated a few times. I know every "cheater" has their reason and mine really falls to finding a connection.

So back to the friend I made on here...
He disappeared for several months and reappeared back tonight. He assumed I had divorced by now - I wish I had, but no. When he found out I was still married, this is the reaction I get:
"...you disgusting leech of a selfish excuse for a woman. Seriously. You should be thrown in hell. It makes me sick that people like you even exist."
(There was more but you get the point...)

What people who aren't in situations like mine don't understand is that life sucks. (I sure we all know that). Life puts us in situations that aren't black and white. Life makes us choose between seeing something as 50% good or 50% bad. Sometimes you make choices that aren't perfect but are what you have to do to keep your head above water. And yes, the stabing pain of loneliness feels like you're drowning.

So am I really that awful? I know cheating is wrong, but when neither party is in love and are just moving through the motions, is what I'm doing that bad? And mind you, I'm the bread winner this house so I'm not exactly "leeching". But maybe I am...maybe I'm just a horrible person that really does deserve hell - or at least "friends"like this guy.

(Stepping off my soapbox) Thanks for letting me vent....

So this isn't an "am pic" post - it's personal - but I feel like this is my own little spot in these threads so here I come to vent.

I became friends with a man over a year ago through these forums. He and I became very close and I shared personal details of my life with him. One of these being that I'm married and the other being that I have a child.

For those of you who have befriended me over the past couple years, this is not news to you as these are not details that I hide. In short, my marriage is crap. There are several things that led to this situation but in the end we live like roommates and are far from being in love. Life is expensive and complicated - especially when you have a child. Divorce is certainly in my future, as I desperately want to finally be happy - to find "the one". But as I get finances in order so that I can adequately care for myself and my daughter, I am still married to my husband.

I don't like to label myself as a cheater - but I know that's what I am. It's not something I make a habit of or something I take lightly. I don't get off on cheating. More so than physical - I've emotionally cheated a few times. I know every "cheater" has their reason and mine really falls to finding a connection.

He disappeared for several months and reappeared back tonight. He assumed I had divorced by now - I wish I had, but no. When he found out I was still married, this is the reaction I get:
"...you disgusting leech of a selfish excuse for a woman. Seriously. You should be thrown in hell. It makes me sick that people like you even exist."

What people who aren't in situations like mine don't understand is that life sucks. (I sure we all know that). Life puts us in situations that aren't black and white. Life makes us choose between seeing something as 50% good or 50% bad. Sometimes you make choices that aren't perfect but are what you have to do to keep your head above water. And yes, the stabing pain of loneliness feels like you're drowning.

So am I really that awful? I know cheating is wrong, but when neither party is in love and are just moving through the motions, is what I'm doing that bad? And mind you, I'm the bread winner this house so I'm not exactly "leeching". But maybe I am...maybe I'm just a horrible person that really does deserve hell - or at least "friends"like this guy.

You're so not a horrible person. There are a lot of us in loveless marriages who do what we need to in order to survive. If that means seeking a little physical comfort or emotional comfort outside the bonds of our marriage so be it. You have to do what you need to do in order to survive.

Let me give you the ONLY New Year's Resolution you ever need... Be Happy!

Do whatever it takes for you to be happy. If that means living in your current situation for now while looking for a better guy, just do it. And cut the negative people out of your life who don't support you in doing what it takes to be happy.

It will be tough, but you will be better for it. I wish you all the best. Just know that there *is* someone out there for you, you just have to find him!

Thank you so much for the advice. But I will say, it's not that I'm waiting to find Mr. Right to change my situation - I just choose to keep my heart open while I work on what I need to do before leaving.

Let me give you the ONLY New Year's Resolution you ever need... Be Happy!

Do whatever it takes for you to be happy. If that means living in your current situation for now while looking for a better guy, just do it. And cut the negative people out of your life who don't support you in doing what it takes to be happy.

It will be tough, but you will be better for it. I wish you all the best. Just know that there *is* someone out there for you, you just have to find him!

Thank you so much for the advice. But I will say, it's not that I'm waiting to find Mr. Right to change my situation - I just choose to keep my heart open while I work on what I need to do before leaving.

I've been following your thread for a long time... You are good people. If there is nothing left to your marriage, then its not cheating. Just keep your chin up and eventually everything will work out! I promise! :)

Guy sounds like a douche that isn't in touch with your feelings and needs. And isn't that what you're trying to escape? You're probably better off without him.

it's the social pressure of putting everything in boxes that is horrible:(

So where did this guy disappear too....did he say he was leaving the site? l don't think there is anything wrong with chatting and looking for compassion on here...Like someone else said a few posts up....a lot of people are in a loveless marriage....people stay in a marriage for a lot of reasons. Kids is number one. Finances is a second....l really want to know where this guy went for a few months. If he was into you then he would understand your situation.

Beyond being "into me" he truly was a friend. I didn't ask him where he went (his personal ad post pretty much summed it up) but he expected me to "grow some balls" in his absence and get a divorce.

So where did this guy disappear too....did he say he was leaving the site? l don't think there is anything wrong with chatting and looking for compassion on here...Like someone else said a few posts up....a lot of people are in a loveless marriage....people stay in a marriage for a lot of reasons. Kids is number one. Finances is a second....l really want to know where this guy went for a few months. If he was into you then he would understand your situation.

That is very true. He was a good friend in the past but I've already said my goodbyes.

There's some saying about it being easy to be good friends when things are good. Sometimes those people can turn on you in a second when things stop being favorable for them.

That sums up most of my relationships.

There's some saying about it being easy to be good friends when things are good. Sometimes those people can turn on you in a second when things stop being favorable for them.

Stacie I'm a bit shocked at the reaction. It seems way over the top. I guess he falls into that small percentage of people for which life is clear, simple and easy. For the rest of us it is work, sometimes hard and very painful work. You are a stronger person than you know for being able to keep your head together and make the best of a bad situation for you and your daughter. Lastly, you deserve to be happy and in no way are you a horriblr person.

There, I've said my piece...

Sounds like the guy has his own issues and is taking it out on you. I am remined of the saying "methinks thou dost protest too much" That much venom can't be coming from a healthy place and I think you are wise to seperate yourself from it.

Hi Stacy,

We've never interacted, but I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry this man said these things to you. Please don't think you're a horrible person. Marriage and family and divorce are complicated, as many of us here understand. I can only begin to understand what a betrayal this must feel like. People can be so hurtful.

Wishing you and your little one happiness in 2015. :)

Hugs to you.
I can relate first hand and am sending you strong thoughts.
He for one cannot judge. First off, the site he was interacting on does not make him a saint, and secondly he knew you were married and still continued the friendship.

You my dear have done nothing wrong. Being in a marriage as roommates is incredibly lonely and leaves a void that always aches. You thought you found an online connection meanwhile, and that in itself, is often support enough to get through the final steps when ending a marriage. Divorce is never part of anyones plan when they say 'I do'. But neither is a lack of partnership.
Don't let someone you don't respect effect your emotions. They don't deserve that right.
xoxo

Beyond being "into me" he truly was a friend. I didn't ask him where he went (his personal ad post pretty much summed it up) but he expected me to "grow some balls" in his absence and get a divorce.
Very little in a relationship is clear cut and simple. Shit happens. If your "friend" isn't willing to be as patient with you as you need him to be, he isn't the guy for you. He just weeded himself out of the selection process. You are better off knowing what you now know even though it hurts a lot. It obviously could have been much worse. Imagine what would have happened if you had gotten further invested into a "real life" relationship and something stressful happened? He did you a favor by exposing his true character when he did, no matter how much it hurts now.
I am sorry that you had to experience this .

lol "everybody look at my boobs and now agree with my personal shit"

wasnt aware this was a teenagers myspace page

its funny though lol "+1" "aww bb i agree with whatever you say anyone who doesnt like you is a douche" no idea how people honestly get off on these things. you have a daughter too? i raised mine (two beautiful girls) myself. and I tend to have little respect for people in your self-admited situation. but you do you lol. and i'm glad you can find so much assurance in little quips of text from horny boys who just want to see more tits lol.

Back