Justice League: The New Wave (OOC - Interest Check)

Ruby Rose

the gorgeous love child of Spike (Buffy the vampire slayer) and Angelina Jolie.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That is an excellent metaphor for Ruby's looks. I approve.


Deadpool as a Green Lantern?

Well, he's certainly courageous, but The Ring's constructs are dependent on willpower, focus, concentration.

Wade is waaaaaay too scatterbrained to make a good Lantern.
 
Character next

we seem to have an even male female split... considering Bishop is feminine in appearance.

so.. male or female..
 
yes.. not specifically an Archer alla "Green Arrow" or "Hawkeye" but definitely a character that prefers to not be seen or recognized. Hence uses ranged weapons, but can certainly 'get up close and personal'
 
side note

I bought a hardback copy of Le Morte D'Arthur (in English) by Sir Thomas Malory
 
It's interesting to me that Legend didn't include Val-Zod in the roster, speaking of which, whether as Power Man or Superman.

Perhaps he never intended Val-Zod to become a member?

Rereading his bio, it seems like he came to Earth when he was five years old and barely remembers Krypton.

So if he's rampaging around Metropolis all starkers and yelling in Kryptonese, maybe something's happened to mindwipe him back to where he was when he came to Earth? Which is to say, he thinks he's five again and doesn't remember living on Earth all this time.

That might explain why he's lashing out-- he's a little boy throwing a tantrum because he doesn't understand what the fuck is going on, why he's in a fully-grown bearded body with the power of a god?

Maybe he got blndsided by Psimon or another telepathic villain, like Superboy in the "Young Justice" episode "Bereft." Maybe it's even a part of the same bigger plot that took out the original Superman and the other Leaguers?

Maybe he needs help and fixing, rather than a place at the table?

I dunno, I'm stuck in overthink mode.

Varshanka, what do you think?



I think you may be right. He needs to be fixed, not offered a seat. Find out how he was.. damaged and get him repaired. And yes, it sounds like it may be related to the others disappearing as well.
 
So you think confining him at Stryker's until he can get some sort of psycho (or psychic!) therapy would be the best recourse?
 
So you think confining him at Stryker's until he can get some sort of psycho (or psychic!) therapy would be the best recourse?

Stryker's is more of a prison isn't it? I think he needs help, not imprisonment. Unless nothing else can hold, restrain him until the help comes.
 
Stryker's is a prison, but they would have cells that could hold The Parasite, insulating him from ambient energies and such. It would be a good place to keep him under observation until a) his condition can be sussed out and b) his pacifism returns.
 

The New League

A1: The Leader - Nightwing
A2: The Lancer - Aquaman
A3: The Badass - Wondergirl
A4: The Lightspeed - Silver Bullet
A5: The Composite- Martian Manhuntress
A6: The Cold Sniper -
A7: The Ironheart - Kelley Bishop
A8: The Occult - Ghost Rider
A9: The Wild Card - Hotline
A10: The Tenth Ranger - Captain Marvel​

Just updating the roster from Legend's first post in The IC.

We may need to phase out Kelley Bishop, I PMed MilkManDan to see if he was coming back and I haven't heard back yet, though it was only a few days ago. He hasn't posted anywhere since he posted in this OOC on Feb 18, which means he's been gone even longer than Legend. :/

Does anyone have any interest in playing a sniper/archer/marksman type character a la Green Arrow/Hawkeye/et al? Just to round out the archetypes that Legend was hoping to fill?

If that concept doesn't pluck anyone's yew, I'll just have Lex bring in a third-stringer (pun!) as an NPC, like maybe Turk (Merlyn's sometimes-lycanthropic sidekick) or I, Spyder.

My only comment on this, and it was something that sort of bothered me from the beginning was having Nightwing become the leader. It wasn't something I really wanted for him.
 
Alter Ego – Jennifer “Jenny” Holmz

Song 1- Edge of Night
Song 2- Only Time

Alias – Renegade
Previously - Ygritte, Ygraine, Sherlock Holmes, Gwenhwyfar

Age – unknown. They didn’t have clocks or timekeeping back then.

Appearance –
Male

Female

Ygritte

Ygraine


Height
5’5” - 6'2"
Weight
117 - 210 lbs.
Eyes
Blue - Brown

Hair
Red - brown

Personality - What is your character like?

Gear (optional) - Renegade employs any number of weapons depending on her current assignment. Most often she will utilize a combination of guns and blades.

Power/ability –
Renegade can psionically shift the atoms of her body to duplicate any humanoid of any gender, wearing any kind of clothing. She can precisely duplicate another person’s retina pattern, finger, palm and skin-pore patterns, and vocal cords. Renegade’s power grants her age retardation, increased healing, and immunity to drugs and poisons.

Renegade possesses a superhuman healing factor that allows her to regenerate damaged or destroyed areas of her cellular structure at a rate far greater than that of an ordinary human. As such, she can regrow severed limbs or vital organs. The speed at which this healing factor works varies in direct proportion to the severity of the damage Renegade suffers. This healing factor also affords Renegade a virtual immunity to poisons and most drugs, as well as an enhanced resistance to diseases and an extended life span. Due to the presence of this superhuman healing ability, many of Renegade’s natural physical attributes have been enhanced. Renegade’s musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins than the muscles of an ordinary human being, granting her superhuman levels of stamina in all physical activities. Her natural strength, agility and reflexes have been enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural limits of the human body. Renegade’s agility and reaction time are superior to those of even the finest human athlete.

Renegade is an extraordinary hand-to-hand combatant and is skilled in multiple unarmed combat techniques. She is a master of assassination techniques, is an excellent marksman, and is highly skilled with bladed weapons (frequently carrying two swords strapped to her back). Renegade is an actress, marksman, and strategist in terrorist and commando operations. She is fluent in Japanese, German, Spanish, amongst other languages.

Weakness - Condescending bitches that need to get high-fived in the face.

Bio – Born in the time of ice and long night Renegade didn’t pay much attention to simple things. In the time of her early life you killed and ate, or got killed and eaten. Life was miserable. Tribe fought tribe. Clansman fought clansmen. The time of sickness took many. Even she took sick for a while, but unlike anyone else she rose from her bed again. Brun took interest in her after her first woman time. When she slapped him he broke her jaw in front of the tribe for her insolence.

They made the evil sign at her when it shifted back into place on it’s own. The made sign of departing. Casting her out of Tribe and Clan. The white cold rain covered the lands, blowing hard in her face when she left the Caves of the Clan.

She collapsed in the cold hard white water as she walked, her skin turning blue for a time. When she opened her eyes again the white rain had stopped. But she was so very cold.

Time passed, the cold time slowly receded and returned. Again and again. She found a cave and took shelter in the side of a mountain, hunting when she could. Her skills improving until she could track and kill anything that walked, swam, or flew.

In the forth long white of her exile a Spear-tooth lion attacked her. She managed to drive her stone blade between it’s ribs. But she was going to take the final long sleep and she knew it. The monster had ripped her arm off at the elbow. Her life flowed across the white, soaking deep as the pounding in her chest faded.

With a jerk she woke up. Her arm tingled but it was whole. And it was different. It looked like Bruns arm. Big and hard. Strong and muscular. Pulling her furs off she found a different body. Not her own slender form, but a heavy broad chest. Big feet and.. a man’s.. parts between her legs.

Many long and short cold times passed.

Accidents happened. The ground shook and trembled. The sky thundered and roared. She.. he.. fell from the mountain. When she awoke the man parts were gone, and it was a time of warmth and soft grasses. The time of when mating took place.

She encountered others. But they were not like her Clan. Her tribe. She followed them by bright and dark time she tracked them to see what they wanted.

Years passed. So many years. She learned to communicate with them. Learned their ways. But she never forgot.

Overtime she learned more than others. She watched as little ones grew.. and became parents. Became old ones. She never stayed for long. Not after the burning time. They used leathers to bind her to the log and set it afire. It hurt, for so very long.

She dug herself out of the dirt and rocks. Her fingers hard and strong.

Years passed. So very many years. She practiced. She learned. She controlled. Never long in one place. A year or two. Maybe as long as ten as the people counted the years. Long cold, long Hot.

Never stay more than ten years. People noticed you didn’t get grey hair. They noticed you didn’t complain of aches and pains. The lack of wrinkles or children.

So many decades. So many times she moved. Leave this village, become a man. Go to another village. Move again. A different man. A new woman.

She watched as time passed.

She watched as empires rose and fell. Sometimes she was even involved in it. Honing her skills at the hunt.

And then America happened.

Wars rose and fell faster and faster.

In the late 1980’s she was traveling across the middle of the loneliest part of America. She liked being alone at times. It started to rain early and she wasn’t afraid of pneumonia or anything, but damned it sucked having the shit dripping down your back.

Taking shelter from the shit in a barn she fell asleep on a pile of straw. Jerking awake with a start she saw glowing rocks around her, the roof of the barn punched through in several places. Her body hurt in several places and she watched as glowing rocks where slowly pushed, with a great amount of pain from her skin.

It took a week to discover just what had happened to her.

*************************

Mercenary; former enforcer, government operative, soldier, former terrorist, private investigator, model, journalist

Notes - Additional info? (Song, favorite color, ect.)

Aptitude & Powers
Intelligence: 64/100
Strength: 43/100
Speed: 64/100
Durability: 79/100
Power/Energy Projection: 57/100
Combat: 86/100
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I can swap out Aquaman and Nightwing. The Lancer is supposed to be a counterpoint to The Leader, so they could work in either capacity.
 
Alias – Mystique (female) / Deadpool (Male Mostly) :)
Previously - Ygritte, Ygraine

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd hem and haw over a character played by Rose Leslie.

But, um. I'm not saying a hard "no," we're co-GMs after all, but can we discuss?

We already have a shapeshifter.

And a Marvel character. (And a Dialer who can sometimes turn into Marvel characters.)

I do like the immortal with identity issues idea, though.

Could we rework this somewhat? As a Scandal Savage or a Mitchell Shelley who "regenerates" in a whole new body every time he/she resurrects?
 
mostly it's just a merger of Wade Wilson and Mystique with timey whimy thrown in.
 
so the Lancer is basically the vice-Leader?

In the traditional Five-Man Band trope ensemble, The Lancer serves as a foil to The Leader, the other side of his coin. If The Leader is team-focused and competent (Fox McCloud), The Lancer is more arrogant and self-interested (Falco Lombardi). If The Leader is more given to mistakes and rushed judgements (Tony Stark), then The Lancer balances him out by being more even-keeled (Captain America).

So if Damian Wayne, with his more aggressive tone, isn't The Leader to Kaldur's more professional Lancer, then Damian can be the more trigger-happy Lancer to Kaldur's reserved Leadership.
 
mostly it's just a merger of Wade Wilson and Mystique with timey whimy thrown in.

Yeah, I get it. I do. I see what you were going for, and I grok it.

And I guess it's fine that this character and Rose Walker both have autotelekinetic shapeshifting and regenerative abilities because MystPool here has it weaponized and specialized whereas Rose is still a rookie.

I'm just wondering if we couldn't accomplish something similar with DC elements?

Combining Deathstroke with Madame Rouge?

Or a Durlan? Pre-Zero Hour, Ren Daggle lived from The 20th Century to The 30th.
 
Back
Top