A Rising Tide....

It never was so irrelevant, not from the beginning of the movement.

It's always been irrelevant to the topic which you're suddenly avoiding now that you're asked to back up ya buuuu shit.

I'm going to go ahead and assume you can't back up your claims that employment in the US isn't voluntary.

Honestly racist bot you make it so easy.

Then how come you back me up?

You just showed that we as a society punish employers who steal from employees.

Most employers do not steal most of the time, and when they do employees CLEARLY have means of legal recourse.
 
Most New York politicians — even some Republicans — will tell you that last year’s federal tax reform is raising taxes on New Yorkers. But, by and large, that’s just not true.

Using IRS data, a recent Heritage Foundation report found that the typical New Yorker will pay $1,300 less in taxes this year, thanks to last year’s reforms....

Last year’s tax cuts made the federal tax code fairer and less burdensome. And the economy is growing — in New York and across the nation — as a result. Wages are rising, unemployment is close to historic lows, and for the first time, there are more jobs available than people looking for them.​

A. Michel, The Federal Tax Cut Is Helping New Yorkers, Too: Don’t Believe Gov. Cuomo’s Rhetoric, Heritage Foundation (Oct. 1, 2018).
 
Never said anything racist nor did I lie.

Everything you say is racist because you're a racist. It's been proven. Don't argue you'll just get your asshole destroyed.

You lie constantly. I've listed all of your lies. You've never provided a shred of evidence. Your getting fucking ruined.

Racists like you are always easily triggered.

I'm a lying racist.

It's going to be a really shitty week for dawn and "her" alts.

Trump and the Republicans said they saved your property tax deduction. They didn't.

Trump tax law slams N.J. harder than any other state

How New Yorkers Would Lose Under the Republican Tax Bill

And the worst one of all for racist dawn.

‘Not what we expected’: Trump’s tax bill is losing popularity

Another shitty, shitty week for racist dawn.
 
The Wilson Construction Co. in Canby, Oregon, will be expanding its workforce by at least 20 percent in the coming months, says Stacy Wilson, who runs the business her grandfather founded 65 years ago.

Wilson credits the tax reform law, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, that President Donald Trump signed late last year for making the expansion possible.

So does the president of a Ridgewood, New York, electrical contractor, who says he will be increasing his company’s workforce next year as well....

“We are investing more in employee wages and benefits and bonuses,” Wilson continued. “We are spending millions on equipment and assets, and in general, we are just seeing a huge increase in the work that is coming out, because utilities are spending more to update this aging infrastructure.”

The number of employees could even grow up to 30 percent, she said.

“We have a lot of large projects that are starting,” Wilson said. “This will make a lot of difference. Really, these incentives that are good for businesses are really important for our employees, but also the communities we work in.”

The tax reform law cut the corporate tax rate, previously the highest in the world among developed countries, from 35 percent to 21 percent, putting the U.S. on par with most other industrialized nations, and thus making it more competitive.

The tax law also cut individual tax rates and eliminated some loopholes....

Tax reform also means more jobs being added at Arcadia Electrical Co. in Ridgewood, New York, said Steve Gianotti, the company’s president.

“I’d like to thank President Trump for his perseverance in helping us with his fiscal policies, which enabled my company, Arcadia Electric, to bid on more work and take on more jobs that we are able to do, because we have more coming that is available to us, more than ever before,” he said after Trump invited him onto the stage.

“As a result, we have been able to keep our 120 people employed, but next year, we anticipate hiring 25 percent more hardworking union workers, middle-class workforce, that will bring our company to approximately 150 employees, which we are very proud of,” Gianotti said.​

F. Lucas, These 2 Companies Plan to Expand Workforce by 20% Thanks to Tax Reform, Daily Signal (Oct. 2, 2018).
 
Walgreens is investing $150 million to raise its in store wages and build community health initiatives thanks to the GOP's Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.

“We will be making select incremental investments of around $150 million in fiscal 2019, mainly in store wages, but also to fuel our new community health care initiatives,” said Walgreens CFO James Kehoe. “And you can view these in light of the favorable tax reforms in the US.”

In December, the Republican Congress passed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. The bill contained numerous pro-business reforms including full business expensing and cutting the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%. Not a single Democrat voted for the bill.

Companies across the United States have responded positively to the tax cuts by passing on benefits to employees, customers, and local communities. Walgreens is the latest company to announce that they will be using their tax savings to help their employees and community.​

A. Marone, GOP Tax Cuts Boost Walgreens Wages, ATR (Oct. 12, 2018).
 
Racist bot and his alt dawn are getting ruined. Hard.

Trump’s Tax Cut Hasn’t Done Anything for Workers Wages were supposed to rise. Instead, they’ve fallen.

Real average hourly earnings (adjusted for inflation) for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls were totally unchanged in June from one year earlier.

-1x-1.png
 
Last edited:

I have found that most of what dan_c00000 posts is demonstrably false. That's why I long ago stopped wasting my time looking at his posts.

Meanwhile:

On June 1, 2016 at a town hall meeting sponsored by PBS, Eric Cottonham, a steel workers' union member from Indiana, asked President Barack Obama about manufacturing jobs creation, saying, "All of our jobs have left, or are in the process of leaving."

In response, Obama noted that some jobs have gone overseas and that "I've been trying to negotiate trade deals ..." so overseas competitors "aren't undercutting us." Notably, Obama said that some jobs "are just not going to come back" while criticizing then-candidate Donald Trump for promising to "negotiate a better deal" and mocking him by claiming Trump would need a "magic wand" to fulfill his job promises.

In the 17 months prior to Obama's town hall (January 2015 to May 2016), the U.S. Department of Labor calculated that 40,000 manufacturing jobs (seasonally adjusted) had been created for a total of 12,336,000 jobs, anemic growth of about 0.3% over the period. By December 2016, Obama's last full month in office, manufacturing employment was up 55,000 jobs from January 2015.

On October 5, 2018, the Department of Labor released its national jobs report for September, showing unemployment had hit a 49-year-low at 3.7% with 134,000 jobs added last month of which 18,000 were in manufacturing.

Of note, in the 21 months since his inauguration, President Trump's deregulatory policies and historic tax cuts have led to a manufacturing resurgence, with 396,000 jobs added. In fact, the pace of manufacturing job growth over the past 21 months of President Trump's leadership is more than 10 times that of President Obama's last 21 months in office.​

C. DeVore, Trump's Economy Is Creating Factory Jobs 10 Times Faster Than Obama's, Investor's Business Daily (Oct. 11, 2018).
 
Last edited:
I have found that most of what dan_c00000 posts absolutely destroys me. Never forget, I'm a racist.

Going to be another shitty week for racist dawn. And it's from the only source "she's" deemed credible, Forbes.

President Trump's First Year Of Job Growth Was Below President Obama's Last Four Years

Fox News admits job growth was stronger under Obama than Trump

Poor racist dawn keeps getting "her" ass handed to her. I can already see the alts mobilizing to defend "her" racism.
 
It's always been irrelevant to the topic which you're suddenly avoiding now that you're asked to back up ya buuuu shit.

I'm going to go ahead and assume you can't back up your claims that employment in the US isn't voluntary.

Employment is never voluntary when it's a buyers' market.
 
Employment is never voluntary when it's a buyers' market.

There are two flaws in that argument.

First, because of the USA's social safety nets, a person can survive without a job, so no one is forced to work, even in a "buyers' market."

Second, currently it is a "sellers' market" for labor.

The number of job openings in the U.S. rose slightly to a record 7.14 million in August, reflecting strong growth in the economy and the best labor market in decades....

The jobs still waiting to be filled... easily exceeded the number of people officially classified as unemployed. The government previously said 6.23 million people were unemployed in August.

Job openings topped the number of unemployed for the first time in March based on government records going back to 2000. The gap has now widened to a record 900,000....

The share of people who left jobs on their own, known as the quits rate, was unchanged at a 17-year high of 2.7% among private-sector employees. That’s up sharply from 1.5% at the end of the Great Recession in 2009.

The quits rate tends to rise when the economy is strong and workers feel more comfortable leaving one job for another. Job switchers often end up receiving higher pay since companies have to sweeten the pot to entice them.​

J. Bartash, U.S. job openings hit a record 7.1 million, exceed number of unemployed Americans, MarketWatch (Oct. 16, 2018).
 
I'm a huge racist and I hate poor people.

Oh poor racist dawn is about to have a very bad weekend. First, not everyone is eligible for all the various social safety net programs. Depending on your age, state, number of children/dependents, etc. certain people may not quality for certain programs.

For example, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP aka food stamps) provides about $1.50 per person per meal. If you've got a family of four that's $6 a meal. Your racist hero Scott Walker has not only made it more difficult to get food stamps but has put a limit on those benefits. In fact, most food stamp money goes to children, the elderly, or people with disabilities. You know these are all the people you hate, especially if they're minorities.

The amount of cash payments given to the people in the social safety net has dropped significantly. In fact, look how little Wisconsin spends on it's most vulnerable citizens. Why is that? I've already destroyed you on that and you haven't responded because you're a racist coward.

I could go on but it would be lost on racist dawn. Sorry to ruin your weekend, again.
 
Employment is never voluntary when it's a buyers' market.

That's not true, having a market advantage/disadvantage doesn't have a fucking thing to do with being voluntary or not.

You just don't understand the concept of voluntary and involuntary.

Here...let me help you.

voluntary adjective
vol·un·tary | \ˈvä-lən-ˌter-ē \

Definition of voluntary

1 : proceeding from the will or from one's own choice or consent
2 : unconstrained by interference : SELF-DETERMINING
3 : done by design or intention : INTENTIONAL
voluntary manslaughter
4 : of, relating to, subject to, or regulated by the will
voluntary behavior
5 : having power of free choice
6 : provided or supported by voluntary action
7 : acting or done of one's own free will without valuable consideration or legal obligation

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/voluntary

involuntary adjective
in·vol·un·tary | \(ˌ)in-ˈvä-lən-ˌter-ē, -ˌte-rē\

Definition of involuntary
1 : done contrary to or without choice
2 : COMPULSORY
3 : not subject to control of the will

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/involuntary


So unless you can show a government policy forcing involuntary or compulsory servitude or a corporation granted the powers to or examples/cases of the government being permissive of them kidnapping and force similar services out of people, you're definitively full of shit.
 
Last edited:
The U.S. median household income increased to $61,372 since 2017, or a 1.8 percent increase since last year. That’s the highest number recorded since 1999, when the median income topped $60,000 at $60,062. More importantly, the poverty rate dropped .4 percent to its lowest level since 2006....

Mining, construction and manufacturing have seen the best job growth since 1984, with a 3.3 percent job increase since last year. In America, 656,000 blue-collar jobs were added since 2017.​

Wage growth in Wisconsin is outpacing the U.S., Paycheckology (2018) (citations omitted).
 

  • Gross domestic product expanded by a 3.5 percent annual rate. Economists polled by Dow Jones expected the economy to expand by a 3.4 percent annual rate.
  • The department said the PCE price index, a key measure of inflation, increased by 1.6 percent last quarter, much less than the 2.2 percent increase expected by economists polled by StreetAccount.
  • Consumer spending, which accounts for more than two thirds of U.S. economic activity, grew by 4 percent in the third quarter, the strongest since the fourth quarter of 2014.
F. Imbert, The US economy grew at a 3.5% pace in the third quarter, faster than expected, CNBC (Oct. 26, 2018).
 

  • Gross domestic product expanded by a 3.5 percent annual rate. Economists polled by Dow Jones expected the economy to expand by a 3.4 percent annual rate.
  • The department said the PCE price index, a key measure of inflation, increased by 1.6 percent last quarter, much less than the 2.2 percent increase expected by economists polled by StreetAccount.
  • Consumer spending, which accounts for more than two thirds of U.S. economic activity, grew by 4 percent in the third quarter, the strongest since the fourth quarter of 2014.
F. Imbert, The US economy grew at a 3.5% pace in the third quarter, faster than expected, CNBC (Oct. 26, 2018).

Well racist dawn are you ever actually going to address anything I say or are you just going to have your alts do it? It's so easy to own you now it isn't even funny.

If the Economy is So Good, Why are Wages Flat?
 
Well racist dawn are you ever actually going to address anything I say or are you just going to have your alts do it? It's so easy to own you now it isn't even funny.

If the Economy is So Good, Why are Wages Flat?


Who "owns" whom here?

I notice that your link is to an August 3, 2018 article.

Since then, Dawn has posted this:

The U.S. median household income increased to $61,372 since 2017, or a 1.8 percent increase since last year. That’s the highest number recorded since 1999, when the median income topped $60,000 at $60,062. More importantly, the poverty rate dropped .4 percent to its lowest level since 2006....​

Wage growth in Wisconsin is outpacing the U.S., Paycheckology (2018) (citations omitted).

That's for the whole country, not just Wisconsin, which is doing even better.

Now, we know that
wages grew 2.8% in September and 3.1% in October. Dawn wins.


.


As an aside, I see you list your occupation here as "librarian." That's a bit of an exaggeration, isn't it? One of the primary skills they teach Library Science majors is citation relevancy. I don't often take the time to post on these threads, but I do follow them. I've noted countless times you have linked to out-of-date or otherwise irrelevant sources to support your assertions. A trained "librarian" would know better than that. If you even work in a library, I assume you're just a clerk who checks out and re-shelves books. Have you even gone to college? Given your abilities here, I cannot believe you have any degree, and certainly not one in Library Science.

I guess I own you now, too.

Don't worry, I've "owned" many men in a variety of ways. I'm a good judge of their value. Given your manifest qualities, I'll be chucking you into a St.Vincent de Paul donation box at the first opportunity.

 
I'm a racist.

I know. A racist alt. I got that from all the other threads where you were pretending to be dawn.

Anyway, I didn't actually read your post. I don't read things from racists.

Remember how racist dawn said that a $15/hour minimum wage would destroy Seattle? Turns out their wages went up 2.4%, the national average. Of course racist dawn and racist joe would never admit that.

Racists, like dawn and joe, also tend to be pretty bad at math. They fail to factor in things like inflation. Which, under their hero the Orange Nazi, has hit a 6-year high, wiping out wage gains for the average American.

That article is "old" you say? I knew you'd say that racist joe! Here's one from a few days ago explaining the exact same thing. Racist joe do you remember when dawn said the only acceptable source was from Forbes? Don't stop lying now racist joe. Come on tell us? Oh you do remember? Good! Here's an article from Forbes saying the exact same thing. It says (because I know racists don't click links): That 2.9% Wage Growth Is 1% After Inflation.

Finally, racist joe do you remember when you said you hated poor people? How about when racist dawn said "she" hated poor people? The two of you seem to really dislike poor people and really love being racist. In which case you'll love how, as always, the rich just keep getting richer: Wage growth accelerates for workers, but salaries for the 1% just reached a new high

There you have it racist joe and racist dawn. While wages may have gone up your hero the Orange Nazi has managed to make that real number much less. This isn't even factoring in his tax policy that'll hurt the middle class and poor even more. But what do you racists care? As long as the rich get richer and you can head to your weekly Klan rally you're happy, I'm sure.

Anyway, as always, it's going to be a shitty week to be racist joe and racist dawn.
 

Who "owns" whom here?

I notice that your link is to an August 3, 2018 article.

Since then, Dawn has posted this:


The U.S. median household income increased to $61,372 since 2017, or a 1.8 percent increase since last year. That’s the highest number recorded since 1999, when the median income topped $60,000 at $60,062. More importantly, the poverty rate dropped .4 percent to its lowest level since 2006....​

Wage growth in Wisconsin is outpacing the U.S., Paycheckology (2018) (citations omitted).


That's for the whole country, not just Wisconsin, which is doing even better.

Now, we know that
wages grew 2.8% in September and 3.1% in October. Dawn wins.

And the winning continues. As you point out:

  • Wages and salaries rose 3.1 percent in the third quarter, the biggest increase in a decade, according to the Labor Department.
  • Overall compensation costs were up 2.8 percent, ahead of Wall Street expectations....
"The employment cost index data adds to the broader evidence that wage growth has continued to trend gradually higher over recent quarters," Michael Pearce, senior U.S. economist at Capital Economics, said in a note. "And with labor market conditions still tightening, we expect wage growth will accelerate further from here."

The wage data came the same day that ADP and Moody's reported private payroll growth of 227,000 in October, easily beating Wall Street expectations....​

J. Cox, Wages and salaries jump by 3.1%, highest level in a decade, CNBC (Oct. 31, 2018).

Note that on top of the wage growth you mentioned, there has been higher than expected employment growth.



As an aside, I see you list your occupation here as "librarian." That's a bit of an exaggeration, isn't it? One of the primary skills they teach Library Science majors is citation relevancy. I don't often take the time to post on these threads, but I do follow them. I've noted countless times you have linked to out-of-date or otherwise irrelevant sources to support your assertions. A trained "librarian" would know better than that. If you even work in a library, I assume you're just a clerk who checks out and re-shelves books. Have you even gone to college? Given your abilities here, I cannot believe you have any degree, and certainly not one in Library Science.

I guess I own you now, too.

Don't worry, I've "owned" many men in a variety of ways. I'm a good judge of their value. Given your manifest qualities, I'll be chucking you into a St.Vincent de Paul donation box at the first opportunity.


Oh dear, my Dear, you have again gotten me to do something I said I wouldn't do. I have again read one of dan_c00000's posts. I love how he claims he "didn't actually read your post," but somehow knows what's in it. Notice that he does not try to refute the various things you point out about him. He is such a pathetic loser. No wonder he's a Democrat. He needs to blame others for his failings and demand from society in return unearned benefits.
 
Back
Top