Active disdain for the LW readership

Joined
Oct 13, 2012
Posts
27
So in the past, I've posted stories to Loving Wives under a different name than this one. I knew at the time that I'm not popular there, and that's quite on purpose, but I didn't want my stories to be judged based on that. I bring that up now because everyone always is quick to jump on 'but you haven't written anything here!' when I make these kinds of remarks. I have, and honestly it's not that hard to figure out if you care to. Is that going to get me some shit, probably. But I bring it all up now for a reason:

When I was posting in Loving Wives, my first story was sent back to me twice for rewrites, as I was told that I was making mistakes regarding the use of punctuation in regards to quotation marks. This was a legitimate criticism, it was something I had never caught about my own writing and I sent the stories to a friend to have him look them over and see if I was missing anything. I had to try twice before the stories were put up. I took this as a sign that there are high standards here, but now I'm honestly certain that I was only held to that standard because of the subject of those stories. They were swinging/hot wife stories, and they were rejected multiple times for relatively small errors. Yet in the last few days, these stories have been allowed up on Loving Wives, clearly unread by anyone let alone unedited.

http://www.literotica.com/s/one-of-three-types-men
http://www.literotica.com/s/one-of-three-types-men-pt-02

These are stories that are posted with absolutely no regard to how punctuation and grammar work. Stories in which the titles themselves have typos (three types OF men) and where the description of the second story has a type (I'm not one of the FOUR types). These are stories in which the grammar is so bad that in the first story he inadvertently breaks Lit's rules on child porn (they're my kids in a sense but when I think of them now all I can picture is them fucking in my bed), where words are put into quotation marks at random (if I saw her now, "I'd kill her"). And, these are stories that are not stories, they are less than a page each and they are just essays. It would have taken someone less than a minute to skim it and find some of these mistakes and send them back to the author for rewrites. And this is not a new author, this is an author who has posted for years and who states proudly no one edits his stories and he doesn't care if anyone points out the problems.

They are also, quite notably, btb/revenge stories. So I'm left to wonder, has moderation of stories gone so far down hill in the last year or so that no one bothers to read two submissions by the same author just days apart. Or are btb stories just not held to any kind of standards in Loving Wives? Either way, that these stories went up unedited and unread shows the kind of apathy bordering on disdain for the readers in that category that is why I don't write there any more.
 
I had to try twice before the stories were put up. I took this as a sign that there are high standards here,....

Higher than other fanfic sites but not very high.


but now I'm honestly certain that I was only held to that standard because of the subject of those stories. They were swinging/hot wife stories, and they were rejected multiple times for relatively small errors. Yet in the last few days, these stories have been allowed up on Loving Wives, clearly unread by anyone let alone unedited.

No, this is just the varying editor preferences/standards/(were they paying attention). If you think you have it bad then check out the Nonconsent/reluctance/rape categories. Sometimes violent rape gets through, other times "more loving-esque" reluctance is rejected. Double standards? Yes. Use the report button if you feel cheated.

TBH the only real crime you can commit in the English language is being illogical. Having said that I am strict with the authors I edit (because that is what they want & expect). No, I do not approve stories for Literotica.


Either way, that these stories went up unedited and unread shows the kind of apathy bordering on disdain for the readers in that category that is why I don't write there any more.
You have every right to be upset about the double standards, but that is like saying that because some people get away with murder you can too. Don't give in the lowest denominator, you can be better than them and you know it.

But I also think you are right, the LW community is too immature.
 
It seems that the main problem may be consistency. For the first story I published, frontline, I inadvertently did some bad math and made the two characters that were having sex both under 18. While this was a one-off line buried deep in the heart of the story, it was found and pointed out to me by the editor (who was very gracious in their rejection).

I corrected the issue, and now I head off my stories with a little age disclaimer just in case I add poorly at some point in the future and it somehow gets past the editor. So, overall, I had a good experience.

But then, in reading through the forums, I've seen posts like yours describing similar situations. Your story is certainly better for having passed the gauntlet of quality editing, but it leaves you scratching your head at how stories with far more errors managed to make it through. I, too, have read stories in other categories that were bad to the point I had trouble understanding what was happening.

Do most of the story editors work on a volunteer basis? I don't know how they're selected, or what the qualifications are. If it's fully volunteer, then there isn't much room to do much other than keep an eye out and make your voice heard if you feel like you're getting the short end of the stick.

Either way, I don't think the editors have an active disdain for the website's readership; that seems like attributing too much negative intent to the problem. It's probably just that some editors are pretty good and others are lazy or have poor judgement.
 
There is only one editor passing submissions through here--Laurel, who owns the site.
 
I don't think the editors have that disdain. It's laurel making the final call and either not reading these stories or simply not caring about them once she does. This author has said he refuses to use editors because they want him to change things.
 
confused.jpg


wut

Perhaps volunteer editors would help, then! With the volume Laurel sees every day, some apathy is inevitable.
 
Last edited:
Q? Why not put them in another category and end the problem? Or why not show your talent by writing something else and posting it elsewhere? I write fantasy because reality is boring. I doubt if most men fantasize about "Loving Wives". I too, have had trouble at first posting, but now things seem to have been ironed out nicely. I greatly appreciate Lit. because i am approaching the half million mark of those who have read my stories. That makes me smile. Thanks Literotica
 
The problem isn't the category. I stopped posting in Loving Wives when my stories were removed from there. The problem is that now I see that the problems I had submitting stories to Loving Wives were part of a double standard. Huedogg gets to post whatever unedited, unreadable drivel he wants, because he posts BTB stories. Back when he was still active in that category you had guys like Duna who clearly didn't speak enough English to post a story there being allowed to do so unedited with words misspelled or used wildly incorrectly. You have some of the supposed 'greats' of LW like StangStar posting stories that are the exact same text copied/pasted multiple times or where characters switch names multiple times rendering it unreadable. You have revenge stories where the name of the woman is spelled differently every time it's used, the name of the woman which is also the name of the story itself. Yet, I write some hotwife/swinging tales and suddenly the fact that I put the period outside of a quote rather than inside it gets my story rejected.

And yes, there is a report option. I used it on both of those stories, itemizing a half dozen or more of the most obvious errors on each. And the stories are still up on the front page of Loving Wives. In the past when I've reported stories nothing has happened until I publicly called them out here in the forums, so that's what I'm doing now.
 
It goes on in other categories as well.

Your disdain should not be aimed at the category itself, but towards poor site management.

However, I agree that LW does get a lot of leeway on this site. Everyone thinks of non con as a rape infested category(and it is, but with a name like non consent could you expect any less:rolleyes:) LW breaks the rape/torture and snuff rules many times and it doesn't matter.

LW has devolved to the point that stories that paint the husband being okay with the wives activities or stories of actual "loving" wives and husbands are getting moved.

As you point out only BTB stories as well as stories where the husband is completely and utterly humiliated are allowed, so male degradation or horrific violence towards women is what's pretty much left there.

The readership-in general-consists of the worst trolls on the site, a bunch of hate spewing lunatics that somehow manage to type with their hooves. The type of readership who will bomb a writers stories in all categories and snd them death threats via feedback

Yet the site now goes well out of its way to protect that category due to the number of readers with no concern how it affects the rest of the site.

Its not surprising, cyber bullying an trolling are a source of amusement here and its encouraged at every level, especially the boards.

So again, I understand your disdain, but you need to look higher than the category for the target of it.

I've given up hopes of this site every trying to reach even a fraction of what it could be. So disdain does not apply to me where that is concerned.

But I have more than enough disdain for the LW category and its filth they call readership.

I wrote one story that earned me 5 different threats of violence and raping me, but only because they have the misconception I'm a woman and the protection of the nets anonymity.

Nothing short of cowardly scum, but hey....a click is a click here, right?
 
confused.jpg


wut

Perhaps volunteer editors would help, then! With the volume Laurel sees every day, some apathy is inevitable.

That would require work to find and train said editors.

The site is beyond doing anything but clicking approved on x amount of stories a night then running off to join the biggest jackals on the site in the GB to see who they are harassing next.
 
I liked reading some of the stories on LW that were truly erotic, and not the usual boring plot of how husband burns the cheating wife. There are very rare stories containing Swinging and sharing, which is the basic theme of LW category, and if they're there they get bombed badly.

I think all those cheating and Burn the Bitch stories should be shifted to some other category, preferably a new one. They can rot there alone.
 
I like LOVING WIVES. Readers are crazy as shithouse rats and quarrelsome, but I like brawlers. What I don't like are the ankle biting yippy fag Chihuahua writers who encrust this board like schlong warts.
 
Post the links to the story/stories, if you can. It's more effective that way.


The problem isn't the category. I stopped posting in Loving Wives when my stories were removed from there. The problem is that now I see that the problems I had submitting stories to Loving Wives were part of a double standard. Huedogg gets to post whatever unedited, unreadable drivel he wants, because he posts BTB stories. Back when he was still active in that category you had guys like Duna who clearly didn't speak enough English to post a story there being allowed to do so unedited with words misspelled or used wildly incorrectly. You have some of the supposed 'greats' of LW like StangStar posting stories that are the exact same text copied/pasted multiple times or where characters switch names multiple times rendering it unreadable. You have revenge stories where the name of the woman is spelled differently every time it's used, the name of the woman which is also the name of the story itself. Yet, I write some hotwife/swinging tales and suddenly the fact that I put the period outside of a quote rather than inside it gets my story rejected.

And yes, there is a report option. I used it on both of those stories, itemizing a half dozen or more of the most obvious errors on each. And the stories are still up on the front page of Loving Wives. In the past when I've reported stories nothing has happened until I publicly called them out here in the forums, so that's what I'm doing now.
 
Yet in the last few days, these stories have been allowed up on Loving Wives, clearly unread by anyone let alone unedited.

http://www.literotica.com/s/one-of-three-types-men
http://www.literotica.com/s/one-of-three-types-men-pt-02

These are stories that are posted with absolutely no regard to how punctuation and grammar work. Stories in which the titles themselves have typos (three types OF men) and where the description of the second story has a type (I'm not one of the FOUR types). These are stories in which the grammar is so bad that in the first story he inadvertently breaks Lit's rules on child porn (they're my kids in a sense but when I think of them now all I can picture is them fucking in my bed), where words are put into quotation marks at random (if I saw her now, "I'd kill her"). And, these are stories that are not stories, they are less than a page each and they are just essays. It would have taken someone less than a minute to skim it and find some of these mistakes and send them back to the author for rewrites. And this is not a new author, this is an author who has posted for years and who states proudly no one edits his stories and he doesn't care if anyone points out the problems.

If you asked me to I know I could thoroughly eviscerate your English language usage. In fact, I think you find there is an English language rule* you have misunderstood. Or you maybe you submitted your story with awful formatting/paragraphing? Yet you could have a fantastic story if you developed your characters and the story tension.

I just read a few paragraphs of the first story you linked to, it wasn't that bad in terms of English usage. Juvenile attitude, sure. (opening a story with stupid pronouncements of how the world works, I cringed). Don't bother discrediting these BTB stories with their grammar crimes, call them out for what they are: bankrupt of plots, characters, story-tension and interesting ideas.

Whatever you do next please remember: the point of a story is not to be grammatically correct, it is to welcome a reader so a compelling story can be told.
 
Back
Top