Little Huntress ~Battle of "Right and Wrong"~

IC: Gregory Wolf

He came up to Onyx. "So what exactly is your game, Onyx?" He raised one of the taquitos and dipped it into the dipping sauce. He bit into it and nodded. It was as good as it smelled. "Why did Soren send you to babysit me? Isn't he satisfied with how much he's ruined my life so far?"

"You have thrown yourself under a bus Greg. Wanting to change what can't be changed." She told him, "Running from everyone that can help you... yet still those people have people watching over you to keep you safe and to help you."

He rolled his eyes at that. "And if I don't do whatever somebody like Soren or Rayna want I'll get run over by that bus. Is that my choices, Onyx? Follow their script or get run over? Who are they to send you to try to get me back on course?"

"Yet still those people have people watching over you to keep you safe and to help you. Both have people watching over you and here to help you that are... safe... Me because I can relate to the insanity of it all." Onyx continued, "Rayna and Soren have been manipulated in different ways throughout most of their lives. They have had tough calls placed on them I don't envy either one of them their rank and title."

He took a drink of his cherrycoke, "And you're here to keep me on Soren's script?" He finished off his last taquito and put his plate in a nearby garbage can. "Why did Soren send you to watch me anyway?"

"I have the advantage of being an outsider..." She explained, "In a way someone here from another time."

"Another time," He asked.

She shrugged, "Long story."

He would've pressed her further but In the corner of his eye, on the roof of the building overlooking the open lot Greg saw something move. He turned his looking up for whatever caught his attention.

Onyx noticing that said, "Your tail from Rayna's side of things... She has a far worse fate than anyone really. She is both Wolf and Vampire... They call them Ankou Some view them as hated abomination some view them as someone who could help lead in a more enlightened supernatural community because they can see both sides the good the bad and the ugly and can help each side understand the other. She and I are from the same camp generations ago and far from this country."

He looked at her like she had just tried to explain nuclear fission to him. She just stood there ripping into the burger she had bought that looked so huge he could feel it raising his cholesterol by its sheer proximity. She pulled away her cheeks bulging filled with ground pork and bun and the gooey cheese. It was also covered in a sticky tangy glaze. Greg could tell because there was a wide smile of the stuff covering her full cheeks and over her lips.

The sight made him laugh at her. He held out his napkin to her, "Here, you're going to need this."

Greg couldn't help it. He was starting to like this girl. He knew she was working for Soren, and was probably playing him somehow he hadn't figured out yet, but...

...but he couldn't help it. He had just turned his back on all the friends he had left, and her forthrightness (which still may be all part of the act) was endearing to him.

No, he'd been stabbed in the heart enough today. He'd have to keep this Onyx at a distance no matter how honest and upfront or real she was being.

After swallowing her mouthful of burger she continued, "I think your other guardian would be a good person for you to talk to as well some time. She has a very... unique outlook on both sides of the coin so to speak."

"Other guardian?" Greg looked up at the rooftop of the adjacent building, "There's someone up there. Would that be this other babysitter you're talking about?"
 
Onyx

Taking the napkin she nodded in thanks.

No... they are trying to prevent the bus from running you over. They are trying to help... that is why we are here...two people who can protect you and help you survive if you do end up letting that bus run you down.

Yes your guardian from Rayna she is a werewolf who was... embraced... but that is her story to tell. I am kin to her but it is not my story to tell. I have an idea... a place where the werewolves won't go and the vampires stay out of too. Hunting ground for the Ankou. Lets get out of here and the three of us talk there.

Looking to the rooftop he kept glancing to she closed her eyes and took a deep inhale and exhaled. He was good she had bee up there but now closer.. hidden.

No Soren no Rayna no Shayda no agendas... just questions answers and talking... sound like a good idea Greg... Ishari?

The only answer from Ishari was a small pebble landing on the table with a shimmering vein in it and a dead black vein in it as well. Onyx motioned to the pebble for him to pick it up.

She is willing to talk to you about her past and life as both... that pebble never leaves her possession ever. This is a good sign Greg... if you are willing to accept talking and new friends.
 
Last edited:
IC: Gregory Wolf

"Other guardian?" Greg looked up at the rooftop of the adjacent building, "There's someone up there. Would that be this other babysitter you're talking about?"

"Yes your guardian from Rayna she is a werewolf who was... embraced..." Onyx replied wiping the smeared sticky sauce from her burger off her cheeks and lips with his napkin. She gestured towards the rooftop before throwing the napkin into a nearby trashcan. "...but that is her story to tell."

"Embraced," Greg repeated, "You mean made into a vampire as well as a werewolf..." He crushed the empty can of cherry coke he had with his taquitos and threw it into the same trashcan. "...I didn't think that was even possible. How did she..."

"I am kin to her but it is not my story to tell." She said throwing the paper wrapper for the burger in the trashcan too. That done she looked over to Greg. "I have an idea... a place where the werewolves won't go and the vampires stay out of too."

"Where," He asked.

"Hunting ground for the Ankou." She told him gesturing for them to head out of the open lot full of food trucks, "Lets get out of here and the three of us talk there."

Greg frowned his first reaction would be to agree, but he halted himself. So this was her plan...to herd him to this place and control him just like her crazy old boss wanted and Rayna wanted to do too. "Maybe later," He told her noncommittally."I'm tired of following everybody else's plans but mine."

She then added, "No Soren no Rayna no Shayda no agendas...just questions answers and talking...sound like a good idea Greg."

"I don't know..." He said frowning. Getting answers was tempting...very tempting. All he had were questions no one wanted to give him straight answers to. Yet could he really trust Onyx. She was working for Soren, and this place sounded like a set up to him....

Then she continued asking, "... Ishari?"

A pebble landed on the table between them. Greg swiveled his head trying to catch whoever threw it. He turned back to look across the table to Onyx.

"She is willing to talk to you about her past and life as both..." She said gesturing for him to take the pebble.

Greg took it between his fingers and lifted it up to his eyes. It was shiny with a vein of gold and black threading through it. Greg didn't know rocks from mushrooms...it didn't look like it was anything special, but from the way Onyx was reacting to it made him think it had some sort of significance to it.

"That pebble never leaves her possession ever," She explained, "This is a good sign Greg... if you are willing to accept talking and new friends."

He pursed his lips conflicted with whether to go or not...to trust her or not. Then an idea hit him.

"Alright, Onyx, I'll go with you if you do something for me first right here, right now." He leaned forward his eyes drilling into hers, "Tell me why Soren wants me."
 
Onyx and Ishari

The ancestors give him visions. His visions showed him an heir... of his bound by heart by soul and by mark to the vampire beloved of the felines... Rayna. His heir in the visions was male yet he had no sons the heir was not fully his but heir of his wolf... you. Who better to help Rayna than you and Darren in bringing about a new day between werecreatures and vampires. Where they help each other work together and watch over this city. Deagan can't help him his path... is his own in a way you two are more alike than you know other than the fact that while he casts his rage wild... you throw yourself under a bus by internalizing yours into self loathing and being insulted and feeling "put upon" by those who love you enough to want to help you and not leave you to your self destruction. But I digress...

She sighed and continued.

Greg Soren can only start the process but there are forces in his camp who have killed camp brethren to keep the distrust of the vampires alive and use that the make the others keep Soren tied to old ways.

When she spoke of people killing members of the camp to manipulate Soren there was a growl that while edged with rage spoke internal pain to his wolf as well as though the her eyes before turning cold again

Now your turn...

Glaring right back into his eyes hers now looking fully wolf though she remained human.

Do you honestly think Rayna can deliver with help her words of a new world in this city for werecreatures and vampires to live in harmony? Yes or No...
 
Last edited:
IC: Gregory Wolf


"Alright, Onyx, I'll go with you if you do something for me first right here, right now." He leaned forward his eyes drilling into hers, "Tell me why Soren wants me."

"The ancestors give him visions. His visions showed him an heir... of his bound by heart by soul and by mark to the vampire beloved of the felines... Rayna." Came her quick response, "His heir in the visions was male yet he had no sons the heir was not fully his but heir of his wolf... you."

"That was why he bit me..." Greg asked feeling sick at the news, "Hadn't he ever heard of adoption? But it still doesn't answer: Why me?"

She continued, " Who better to help Rayna than you and Darren in bringing about a new day between werecreatures and vampires. Where they help each other work together and watch over this city."

"Why would I do that," He glowered at her, "Again, that's what they want not what I want." Frustratedly he ran his hands through his hair, "Doesn't he have someone in his tribe or clan or wolfpack or whatever to take over for him...how about you or that asshole that attacked me earlier? One of you can be his puppet."

"Deagan can't help him. His path... is his own," She replied, "in a way you two are more alike than you know other than the fact that while he casts his rage wild... you throw yourself under a bus by internalizing yours into self loathing and being insulted and feeling "put upon" by those who love you enough to want to help you and not leave you to your self destruction. But I digress..."

A distressed and affronted inhale was stuck in his throat at her rather harsh words about him. He raised a finger to tell her off, to throw just how wrong she was about him in her face, but there was one problem. Even Greg could see there was a rather traitorous kernel of truth in her assessment of him. So he was left finger in the air pointing at her his fiery denial stuck on his tongue.

In response Onyx only sighed before expanding further, "Greg, Soren can only start the process, but there are forces in his camp who have killed camp brethren to keep the distrust of the vampires alive, and use that the make the others keep Soren tied to old ways."

That last was spoken with a growl that almost sounded doglike, even though it was clear daylight and even if it was night time the moon would only be a silver crescent in the sky. Greg's hand returned to the tabletop and he leaned back from her.

"Now your turn.." She retorted drilling into his eyes with hers. Greg got the distinct impression she was more wolf that woman at that moment eventhough she was not even close to changing...it was the mindset he could see in her eyes, and it was...offsetting.

"Do you honestly think Rayna can deliver with help her words of a new world in this city for werecreatures and vampires to live in harmony?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know...maybe...I guess...or I hope she can." Nervously he ran his hand through his hair to push it out of his face, "I never paid much attention to her plans about that stuff. Vampires, Werewolves...they don't involve me...not really except one night a month...and even then I'm still not involved...thanks to your boss." He threw up his hands, "And why would I want to be involved? Vampires, Werewolves...you're both crazy. If anyone can get all you nutjobs working togher it would be her though."
 
Onyx

Stifling another snarl she wanted to tear into him and beat the bullheaded arrogance out of him. The wolf wanted to submit this insulting whelp but she had vast control over her wolf. A smile graced her lips as she glared at him again.

Just remember Gregory Wolf you are one of those "Nutjobs" as you call the rest of us. You can have far more control over that wolf within you and be able to shift whenever you needed to for your own protection or the protection of others or just keep letting it control you. Do you have any clue about pack mentality? There are alphas Betas and then the pack and then the stragglers who can't cut it for whatever reason be it their own unwillingness to accept the truth or simply physically incapable due to illness age or any number of other reasons. Sadly right now your arrogance and denial your lack of training on how to claim dominance over your own wolf and your young age as a wolf but all that will change either by you accepting what you are and learning to claim dominance over your wolf or when it finally claims full dominance over you and Greg is lost and all that is left is a dark primal rabid dog who would have to be put down.

Suddenly a hand landed on Onyx shoulder as Ishari stood there her head tilted slightly as she looked at Greg.

Onyx wolf need to take deep breath and take 5 Ishari talk to Rayna's Pretty wolf. Why did Rayna's pretty wolf Hurt Rayna and leave like Mean human singing man? Rayna not do anything to hurt anyone... Except Mean Draven man but he better dead... Makes better dusty ashy ruins than vampire man. Rayna help Jalla and Ishari and Ember and Soren when stupid evel wolf Warin not try to cause trouble. Rayna needs Pretty Wolf man and Pretty Vampire man. Rayna different... Worries Ishari... Darren need Greg help make Rayna Rayna again and not darker colder Mother lady.

She then paused looking around and sat down.

Rayna's Pretty Wolf has questions... Everyone talk at you and not answer you... Ishari answer you... or Onyx answer but her wolf will be nice puppy or Ishari kick its but again.

Onyx simply sat back finished her drink and nodded thinking maybe Ishari in her innocent madness she might be less of a threat for him to talk to as she had no agenda nor any concept of agenda just helping everyone like Rayna when she is Rayna. Onyx clearly tensed hearing that Rayna was more like Mother than herself and now she was worried about Rayna's meeting with Soren the following day. Ishari looked over as if sensing that worry.

Rayna pretty Darren man will be there maybe he will be enough for the meeting and Shayda will be there and Bear lady good at helping everyone be nice. Now Greg Wolf ask whatever and Ishari can answer or Onyx can.

She looked into his eyes waiting the innocence madness and her multiple lifetimes of unique outlook and observation shining in her eyes and a simple smile that screamed the innocence and madness all at the same time with the tiny hit of fangs on her lower lip.
 
IC: Gregory Wolf

"I never paid much attention to her plans about that stuff. Vampires, Werewolves...they don't involve me...not really except one night a month...and even then I'm still not involved...thanks to your boss."
He threw up his hands, "And why would I want to be involved? Vampires, Werewolves...you're both crazy. If anyone can get all you nutjobs working together it would be her though."

"Just remember Gregory Wolf you are one of those "Nutjobs" as you call the rest of us." She said with a contained snarl.

He held a finger up to remind her, "Only for one night a month, and only when it comes to covering up all this crazy werewolf shit so I can have something like a normal life."

"You can have far more control over that wolf within you and be able to shift whenever you needed to for your own protection or the protection of others or just keep letting it control you." She replied.

He shook his head, "When will you people learn? I don't want to control it. I want it to never have happened." He buried his head in his hands, "Let me ask you this: What were you like before you became a werewolf? Were you like Batai and grew up in a culture that revered it? Did they come to you and ask you if you wanted it? Did you take time to think it over, and then decide to do it...well, Soren never gave me any of that....I don't want to compare it to rape, but the comparison is not too far off the mark."

His fist pounded down on the tabletop. "He just looked at me and decided I was the answer to his problems that night in the woods. Did he wait and learn about me. Did he care whether or not I wanted it? No. He decided my opinion...my life wasn't worth dog shit compared to what...becoming the new leader of his pack..." He looked back up to her, into her eyes, "Would any of you in his pack care what the hell I tell them to do? What makes me even remotely qualified to be...what..your king or chieftain or president? I can't even get my own life straightened out much less order around a bunch of people I don't know and don't even really like."

" Do you have any clue about pack mentality? There are alphas Betas and then the pack and then the stragglers who can't cut it for whatever reason be it their own unwillingness to accept the truth or simply physically incapable due to illness age or any number of other reasons," She replied, " Sadly right now your arrogance and denial your lack of training on how to claim dominance over your own wolf and your young age as a wolf but all that will change either by you accepting what you are and learning to claim dominance over your wolf or when it finally claims full dominance over you and Greg is lost and all that is left is a dark primal rabid dog who would have to be put down."

He swallowed as she pinpointed one of his greatest fears ever since finding what his wolf had done to their neighbor's dog. Yet he didn't get to voice a response as someone stepped around and laid a hand on Onyx's shoulder.

"Onyx wolf need to take deep breath and take 5 Ishari talk to Rayna's Pretty wolf." The woman said looking down on them.

Greg looked at her for a moment and raised a finger at her, "Hey, you were there with Darren at the park."

She looked down at him and asked, "Why did Rayna's pretty wolf Hurt Rayna and leave like Mean human singing man?"

He straightened at that, "Hey, she's the one who broke up with me."

"Rayna not do anything to hurt anyone... Except Mean Draven man but he better dead... Makes better dusty ashy ruins than vampire man. Rayna help Jalla and Ishari and Ember and Soren when stupid evel wolf Warin not try to cause trouble," She replied, "Rayna needs Pretty Wolf man and Pretty Vampire man. Rayna different... Worries Ishari... Darren need Greg help make Rayna Rayna again and not darker colder Mother lady."

Greg bit his lip before submitting, "I just can't talk to her right now. She can get what she needs from Darren."

She then paused looking around and sat down. Rayna's Pretty Wolf has questions... Everyone talk at you and not answer you... Ishari answer you... or Onyx answer but her wolf will be nice puppy or Ishari kick its but again.


"You'll really answer all of them...no more bullshit?" Greg looked at her skeptically.

Onyx had sat back looking worriedly toward her. As if worried that Ishari was going to spill the beans on something she or more to the point Soren didn't want him to know.

His suspicions spiked at that, "Aha, so you were sent after me to handle me, Onyx."

But The other one turned to look at her and shattered his assumption saying, "Rayna pretty Darren man will be there maybe he will be enough for the meeting and Shayda will be there and Bear lady good at helping everyone be nice."

Greg looked between them his presumption deflating like air out of balloon.

Ishari looked back to him, "Now Greg Wolf ask whatever and Ishari can answer or Onyx can."

In her eyes he saw that this girl was incapable of any misdirection or prevarication. So he nodded trying to think of a question to ask but the only thing that came to his mind at the moment was, "What happened to you? Both of you? How did you become you? Were you always a werewolf like Batai, or were you like me...normal people...and just unlucky enough to get bitten one night?"
 
Onyx and Ishari

Ishari moved to sit down clearly thinking fairly deeply for a moment. Her eyes flickered as if trying to remember or temper her memories.

Ishari born shifter... No bite... for long time but that later in story. Ishari camp found by humans... humans decide they can't wipe out strange "people" so they use strange strong people as...

She paused trying to remember a word that was on the tip of her tongue glancing to Onyx for help. Onyx watched her eyes.

The word you want ancestor is Labrats though victims would be a good word too.

Ishari nodded

Labrats... silly humans thinking wolves were rats. Lots of sharp thing cut poke shoot. They smelled like you do when you leave big white building. Other soldier people come they try make us fight till they have to leave and leave us for dead... Ishari near dead... handed Onyx Mommy when she was little baby. Ishari and baby found by vampire... vampire save Ishari... make Ishari stronger try fix what bad humans do... Mother say Ishari the way she is because vampire could not undo what humans do sine Ishari was little. Mother says Embrace give Ishari special mind special reflex too.

Vampire make Ishari like Ember and rest of Ankou pack Not ask Ishari just do because it was needed it was right to do... Senile Soren wolf follow instinct and visions... visions strong with Soren. Rayna's Greg stronger than he think... have honor... just need better understand self and puppy inside of you... puppy inside Rayna's Greg will never steer Rayna's Greg wrong... Ishair can see Pretty Greg's Wolf... Very handsome wolf... very sad wolf... wolf want to be whole... Wolf sad Rayna Pretty Greg not like it.

Human singing man all alone cause not accept Rayna offering gift embrace... Singing man alone just himself. Greg Feel alone but Greg not alone Greg have great wolf who care first and foremost for him... not Soren not anyone before Pretty Greg. Then it know Rayna Mark on it... Second loyal to Rayna and Pretty Darren all three bonded by mark...

As if none of the other part had happened she seemed to pause and go back to her tale of herself.

Vampire help me know how feed and then help me find home with ANkou pack Ember and her mate and the others then Jalla... Just between three of us. Jalla... Soren only child... sister to your wolf... so in way half sister to you... you have pretty half sister now and uncle to bonehead Deagan

*She began laughing about that.

Ishari kick silly bonehead butt for him try to hurt Jalla but Jalla not let me do that anymore cause that her grandson.

Now Onyx tell you about her story.

She turned to look at Onyx. Who smirked at all Ishari had told him.

My tale... Mother raised me along with her mate Soren adopted brother. Like I said I have no ties to the legal and archaic petty camp power struggles. Ishari is family through my mother and Soren Jalla and Deagan are family through my father. My father was one of the few other survivors from Salizar's camp. Salizar is Ember's mate. I am the offspring of another time and place I am more like Salizar and Ishari and the street wolves than I am anyone in that camp. Soren talks with me and asks me to watch over people that need an outsider with no agenda to be there for them.

Ishari nodded.

Onyx good pup sad that the one who wanted to be her mate was killed... he was good wolf. Rayna's Pretty Greg have any more questions?
 
IC: Gregory Wolf

In her eyes he saw that this girl was incapable of any misdirection or prevarication. So he nodded trying to think of a question to ask but the only thing that came to his mind at the moment was, "What happened to you? Both of you? How did you become you? Were you always a werewolf like Batai, or were you like me...normal people...and just unlucky enough to get bitten one night?"

"Ishari born shifter... No bite... for long time but that later in story. Ishari camp found by humans..." She said sitting down, " humans decide they can't wipe out strange "people" so they use strange strong people as..."

Onyx leaned over to her and put in, "The word you want ancestor is Labrats though victims would be a good word too."

"Labrats... silly humans thinking wolves were rats. Lots of sharp thing cut poke shoot. They smelled like you do when you leave big white building. Other soldier people come they try make us fight till they have to leave and leave us for dead... Ishari near dead... handed Onyx Mommy when she was little baby." She said nodding to Onyx.

Greg's eyes widened and his eyes shifted between them. "You were experimented on?" He leaned back unable to imagine anyone taking another person and cutting and injecting them...even if they were werewolves.

"Ishari and baby found by vampire... vampire save Ishari... make Ishari stronger try fix what bad humans do..." She continued.

"You're both," Greg nodded in comprehension, "From how Darren always talked about it mixing the two: Vamps and Wolves, isn't a very easy thing to do if not impossible. Not without problems anyway."

"Mother say Ishari the way she is because vampire could not undo what humans do since Ishari was little," She stated, "Mother says Embrace give Ishari special mind special reflex too."

The mention of Mother made Greg swallow thinking about the super-old and super-creepy vampire. The way all the others bowed and kowtowed to her, like she was a giant among ants and they were afraid she could decide to stomp them at any moment. It made him feel very creeped out about her.

Shrugging that aside he said to Ishari, "Go on."

"Vampire make Ishari like Ember and rest of Ankou pack Not ask Ishari just do because it was needed it was right to do... Senile Soren wolf follow instinct and visions... visions strong with Soren." She said.

"Yeah," Greg nodded, "Tell me about it. I'm proof of that."

"Rayna's Greg stronger than he think... have honor..." She said, "Just need better understand self and puppy inside of you... puppy inside Rayna's Greg will never steer Rayna's Greg wrong... Ishair can see Pretty Greg's Wolf... Very handsome wolf... very sad wolf... wolf want to be whole... Wolf sad Rayna Pretty Greg not like it."

He pursed his lips and looked away at that. Why did everyone act like they should lock him in the same room with that monster? Yet he nodded for her to go on.

"Human singing man all alone cause not accept Rayna offering gift embrace... Singing man alone just himself," She said.

"You mean because he died," Greg asked, "You're assuming there's no heaven then? I mean the guy could be up there looking down on us surrounded with family and friends right now."

"Greg Feel alone but Greg not alone," She countered, "Greg have great wolf who care first and foremost for him... not Soren not anyone before Pretty Greg. Then it know Rayna Mark on it... Second loyal to Rayna and Pretty Darren all three bonded by mark..."

He pursed his lips again knowing what she said was mostly true, but not ready to admit that to anyone he just met.

"Vampire help me know how feed and then help me find home with ANkou pack Ember and her mate and the others then Jalla..." She said back onto the subject of her, " Just between three of us. Jalla... Soren only child... sister to your wolf... so in way half sister to you... you have pretty half sister now and uncle to bonehead Deagan."

He blinked at that a lot of it going over his head.

She laughed then, giggled, innocently like a child being tickled, "Ishari kick silly bonehead butt for him try to hurt Jalla but Jalla not let me do that anymore cause that her grandson."

"Uh huh," he nodded again, not sure exactly what she was talking about. Who the hell was this Jalla person?

"Now Onyx tell you about her story, She turned to the other girl.

Ony nodded to her before saying, "My tale... Mother raised me along with her mate Soren adopted brother. Like I said I have no ties to the legal and archaic petty camp power struggles. Ishari is family through my mother and Soren Jalla and Deagan are family through my father."

"Your father," Greg asked wanting her to go on.

"My father was one of the few other survivors from Salizar's camp. Salizar is Ember's mate. I am the offspring of another time and place I am more like Salizar and Ishari and the street wolves than I am anyone in that camp. Soren talks with me and asks me to watch over people that need an outsider with no agenda to be there for them. "

"An outsider," Greg asked penetratingly, "You mean like me?"

Ishari then piped in, "Onyx good pup sad that the one who wanted to be her mate was killed..."

"Mate?" He scratched his head. This was too much information. He couldn't process it all.

"He was good wolf." She answered before asking, "Rayna's Pretty Greg have any more questions?"

"Yeah," He nodded, "You two see your wolves as part of you, but when you wake up the next morning....don't you.." He swallowed fighting back his greatest fear ever since that first day after that first full moon. "How do you keep from wondering...who did you eat last night?"
 
Ishari and Onyx

Onyx nodded that she was an outsider just like him. She somewhat wore that title with pride much to the annoyance of many of the camp elders they also were not too fond of Soren taking counsel with her either but that was one situation they were not willing to make too much fuss over due to her father and his legacy as family to Soren.

Ishari giggled at his question about being concerned about who the wolf ate the night before.

That easy if Rayna's Pretty Greg think about it. If Wolf and Pretty Greg are one... Wolf can't act without Pretty Greg so no questions about what it has done you know because you told it. Rayna's Pretty Greg and Greg's pretty wolf united Greg tell wolf what to do not wolf acting on instinct... It simple... just like humans teach little ones and pets... just like little ones learn right from wrong... Pretty Greg become one with wolf then wolf know right and wrong and Greg learn what wolf have to offer. What if mean bad wolf in big meany form attack Rayna... what Rayna pretty wolf do if he can't take on Big wolf form? Mean evil wolf would hurt both... but if Rayna's Pretty Greg unite with wolf Pretty Wolf Greg can turn into big wolf shape and protect Rayna...

She fell silent for a moment. Ishari can't explain better to Rayna's Pretty Greg here but in Ankou land Ishari can show Pretty Greg better... Rayna's Pretty Greg walk with Ishari? Not far from here...

Onyx nodded listening to Ishari finding it mildly amusing that she seemed to think Greg was pretty but also that he belonged in some way to Rayna even though he left Rayna behind in that club when she needed those close to her and bonded to her the most. She would have to speak later with Shayda about how Rayna was doing before Soren speaks with her.

That would be safer place to talk Ishari is right... if you are willing to go there with us. It is safe ground the camp does not go there unless Soren knows Jalla and Ishari will be there... it is the only safe place for him to be real around Ishari and his daughter.

Ishari nodded and standing up as if in her mind it was a done deal as she turned to walk away from the table.

Maybe we all hunt while we are there too...
 
IC: Gregory Wolf

"Yeah," He nodded, "You two see your wolves as part of you, but when you wake up the next morning....don't you.." He swallowed fighting back his greatest fear ever since that first day after that first full moon. "How do you keep from wondering...who did you eat last night?"

"That easy if Rayna's Pretty Greg think about it," She laughed like it was nothing at all, "If Wolf and Pretty Greg are one... Wolf can't act without Pretty Greg so no questions about what it has done you know because you told it. Rayna's Pretty Greg and Greg's pretty wolf united Greg tell wolf what to do not wolf acting on instinct... It simple... just like humans teach little ones and pets... just like little ones learn right from wrong... Pretty Greg become one with wolf then wolf know right and wrong and Greg learn what wolf have to offer. What if mean bad wolf in big meany form attack Rayna... what Rayna pretty wolf do if he can't take on Big wolf form? Mean evil wolf would hurt both... but if Rayna's Pretty Greg unite with wolf Pretty Wolf Greg can turn into big wolf shape and protect Rayna..."

"Wait...what..." Greg blinked looking at one then the other of them, "Do you mean you two can make yourselves do it without the moon being full? If you can control it like that..."

He frowned thinking back Batai and Rayna and even Darren had tried to tell him again and again that he could control the wolf, but Greg hadn't wanted to hear it. Why? Because learning to control it was just too close to accepting it and then it would be all too real to him. Greg wasn't ready for that.

"Ishari can't explain better to Rayna's Pretty Greg here but in Ankou land Ishari can show Pretty Greg better... Rayna's Pretty Greg walk with Ishari? Not far from here...,"

"Ankou land," He repeated questioningly, "I don't know...Where is it?"

"That would be safer place to talk Ishari is right..." Onyx put in, "If you are willing to go there with us. It is safe ground. The camp does not go there unless Soren knows Jalla and Ishari will be there... it is the only safe place for him to be real around Ishari and his daughter."

At the mention of Soren Greg's eyes narrowed suspiciously. He was still trying to work out just what the old lunatic's angle was, but despite the fact that she worked for him he liked Onyx. She treated him like a person. Also he had nowhere else to go today.

"Maybe we all hunt while we are there too..." Ishari rose with a nod. She turned as if he had already agreed to follow her.

"If this is some sort of trick..." Greg muttered before rising too with a resigned sigh, "Okay, show me this Ankou land place, but if I don't like what it is your selling me...I'm done with both of you."
 
Onyx and Ishari

Ishari walked closer and closer to a little tree filled park after threading her way through several alleyways and then leaping over an old cemetery fence and to the other side leaping over that small fence too before turning to watch Greg.

Yes... change does not rely on the moon but on desire to be in another form. This is what the young are taught as very young... so that when the first change takes them they will be able to return to the normal form. Or if they are in no no place for a shift they can hold it...

With that she began to transform before him.

tumblr_mgt3yt8N6L1s1rvd5o1_1280.jpg


She smiled standing tall her head tilted slightly as she watched him. The proof of her vampiric side was the depth of the black of her fur and the crimson eyes and more pointed fangs and claws.

Bringing up the rear now in her purely wolf form was Onyx

tumblr_luw4deru2h1r4jegjo1_500.jpg


Ishari crouched down to look at him seeing not only Greg but seeming to speak somehow with the wolf within him before both "minds" hear her thoughts.

You are both... one... you are both wounded and angry because you feel wronged... Healing can only begin though acceptance. Wolf accepting mortal fear and human accepting Primal soul. There is no other way. The primal and the mortal are one... lost through the centuries till they were two fractured souls... you can now become one and guide this world with your companions and allies. Or wallow in pity rage and imagined hate and injury... what say you wolf? Take small steps with the mortal fears? What say you mortal... Take small steps to embrace the primal soul? Or will you both with our aid become one once and for all for the greater good of your mind body and spirit as well as that of your bonded love who you have walked out on and your brother in soul.

Ishari in this way seemed very lucid if not completely untouched by the madness of her embrace as if deep down the ancient wisdom and the primal soul were one in the depths.

Onyx sniffed at the air and studied the treeline spotting a rabbit lurking there and turned briefly as if pondering hunting it.
 
Last edited:
IC: Gregory Wolf and the Wolf

"If this is some sort of trick..." Greg muttered before rising too with a resigned sigh, "Okay, show me this Ankou land place, but if I don't like what it is your selling me...I'm done with both of you."

Ishari-the weird one-lead them out of the vacant lot they had eaten in and down the street and another towards a small little park. Greg didn't know where they were taking him. They said it wasn't far, but anywhere where one could turn into a werewolf at any time they wanted had to be far far away from anywhere someone could see them, right?

And while on the subject of a place where one could turn into a werewolf...why the hell was he letting these two strangers lead him there?

The answer was of course...that he was actually curious to see it and he really didn't have anywhere else to go now that he had cut ties with everyone of his friends and Rayna.

Ishari lead them to the edge of the park where a cemetery was and bounded over to the dense wooded area beyond.

"Is this it," He asked them, "Is this the place where you can turn at will because since every werewolf movie I've ever seen says that's not the way it works.

"Yes... change does not rely on the moon but on desire to be in another form." Once they were deeper into the woods Onyx and Ishari began removing their clothing. "This is what the young are taught as very young... so that when the first change takes them they will be able to return to the normal form. Or if they are in no place for a shift they can hold it..."

Blushing Greg turned around to preserve some modesty for them...even though they clearly had no qualms over undressing before him. "What are you doing?"

He felt the air stirring and the sunlight filtering through the treebranches shifting as a new shadow grew larger. He turned to see what was going on, "Wha-ack!"

He stepped back his jaw hung open a scream stuck in his throat. She...they...the both of them...were doing it...Ishari had gotten black fur and stood tall seven feet...and monstrous looking with claws and fangs and blood red eyes...Onyx however had grown smaller she was becoming more wolf than woman with each passing beat of his hammering heart. He hadn't believed deep down...He wanted to think the only time he had to worry about these monsters was during the full moon.

The scream finally escaped his lungs and he spun around to run but slammed into the trunk of a tree and bounced onto the leaf covered ground between them on his back his scream dying as both Ishari and Onyx peered down at him there canine eyes both foreign and familiar.

"You are both... one... you are both wounded and angry because you feel wronged... Healing can only begin through acceptance. Wolf accepting mortal fear and human accepting Primal soul. There is no other way. The primal and the mortal are one... lost through the centuries till they were two fractured souls... you can now become one and guide this world with your companions and allies. Or wallow in pity rage and imagined hate and injury... what say you wolf? Take small steps with the mortal fears? What say you mortal..." Ishari's voice came loud and clear though Greg didn't see her mouth move to form the words. "Take small steps to embrace the primal soul? Or will you both with our aid become one once and for all for the greater good of your mind body and spirit as well as that of your bonded love who you have walked out on and your brother in soul?"

"I...I don't...I...Aaaagh," He broke off with another scream, but this one was not generated by fear but by pain...a pain he knew well and dreaded with every fiber of his being eventhough it was one he experienced once every month since Soren Mendosa had bitten him in the woods so long ago.

"Oh god...Aaah..." The convulsions had begun as organs began to shift and his bones began to grow his clothes tearing apart from the turmoil of the change. No, no, no...I can't stop..."

He looked up at both of them as his mouth extended into a snout his ears questing up to the top of his head and growing pointed. "...Help me." He begged them as his fur began to grow.

tumblr_m1ntt9zQQk1qeqhc5o1_500.jpg


The wolf looked up at Ishari and sniffed her haunch familiarizing itself with her scent and then the same for Onyx. Then a rabbit that had stood still gripped in fear bolted out past them and the wolf chased after it. It exulted in the feeling of the wind rushing through its fur the soft crunch of the dirt beneath its paws. It released a loud echoing howl to the heavens for the joy of the hunt with this new pack following after it.

There was nothing more satisfying to it, other than finding the rest of its pack; its chosen mate, and its rival. The rabbit ran past some silly looking stones sticking up from the grass in neat rows in its terrified attempt to escape becoming the wolf's meal. A voice distant and silent told it that it was the cemetery they had crossed to reach this magical forest and the park and the city and the people who lived there. That voice told it that the wolf couldn't chase down the rabbit past those silly little stones cemetery things. But the wolf did not listen. It was on the hunt and bearing down on its prey.

It bounded over the fence and into the graveyard after its forthcoming meal with its two new pack members fast behind it.
 
Last edited:
Ishari and Onyx

Both ran after him Ishari closing the distance much faster and grabbing first the rabbit then Greg Turning his wolf to face her as in her mind she snarled.

Wolf knows better. Obey human understanding... Period...Lesson one.

Onyx was now in a similar form as she moved to reach for Ishari's arm just in case the lesson ended in throwing the wolf back to the sacred lands. Ishari turned snarling at her but nodded seeming to understand. She then set the rabbit down and Onyx seemed to herd it back to the sacred lands as Ishari set Greg down with one more mental comment.

Lesson learned Wolf?


Daniella, Marko, Rayna and the Blood dolls

The Stretch limo wound its way up the drive to the ancient manor at a leisurely pace the driver had once called this place home and enjoyed the task given that delivered him back to this place if even for a few moments. Finally arriving at the front of the grand old house he stepped from the car and walked around to the woman waiting in the steps.

tumblr_lhtldwr5nQ1qf86bwo1_500.jpg


Ma'am I was not expecting to see anyone here but Lady Martha the mortal matron. Not that it is not good to see you but why are you here?

He masked well any concern at the Daniella's presence having learned that lesson well after years of service to their kind.

I wanted to see to the blood stock personally since it is going to the young princess now that she has been condemned to command.

She chuckled a little and traced a finger along the jawline of the man standing there.

So tell me does the young princess ever "dine" with you? If so I will give you the same dietary additions as the new stock will be taking to make you a perfect compliment to the meal.

Ummm yes ma'am I... I guess that would be a good idea thank you.

She turned as the door opened and several young men and women walked out and got into the limo one in particular stopping in front of the woman and speaking briefly of his concerns of being acceptable to the new commander

tumblr_laqo7qsr6g1qbj844o1_500.jpg


She assured him he would be perfect to the dear princess and then shooed him into the limo standing back smirking as the limo drove away with a muttered.

You will All be Lethally perfect for the new command...

She then got into a car that pulled up to the door and picking up a phone in the car.

Your part of this arrangement will be arriving soon my Marko... be sure they are... well received... by all of them...

tumblr_leq53d6F7f1qem7cko1_500.jpg


IN the depths of a Boston Hotel the young man Marko smiled listening to the woman on the other end of the phone...

Of course I have already made arrangements for a massive "Feast" once they arrive... this will our finest contribution... Mother our way of helping make everything just as it should be.

Ending his call he walked to the door awaiting the limo and them walking the blood dolls into the banquet hall and then led Rayna's personal Blood doll with him to her office door.

Marko knocked on Rayna's office door.

Commander Rayna...

The door opened as Ember stood there eye brow raised till she saw who it was.

Blood doll handler Commander... do you wish to talk to him?

Send him in.

Rayna replied her eyes not leaving the paperwork she was dealing with her tone cold and indifferent. Rayna moved out of his way but kept an eye on him. She did not trust someone who could so easily offer up another living being like this even if he was a vampire. Humans were food she could admit but who was this whelp or his contacts to choose who was proper for all vampires. What was in it for him.

Commander Rayna the new arrival of blood dolls are here and I have prepared for a feast for everyone to meet them and for them to learn each of the current residents and leaders as well as your own personal gift as is customary a blood doll with a diet designated to better aid you in all you do and to a long and victorious life.

Her eyes moved from the paperwork to feign interest in this petty matter as Marko directed the young man into the room with Darren, Ember, and herself. Her eyes falling on the shirtless young well cut young man as she stood up walking over to him sniffing at him.

Inform your supplier that the gift is acceptable and whatever the common exchange is for the blood dolls.

Moving back to her desk as if they are not there. Her eyes falling back on the work at hand as if she were alone in her office.

Dismissed Marko.
 
IC: The Wolf

It bounded over the fence and into the graveyard after its forthcoming meal with its two new pack members fast behind it.

It was suddenly picked in the strong arms of the bigger black wolf-man-woman thing that was new to the Wolf's pack. The white wolf lead its supper back into the forest the wolf had found itself in with the big one carrying him squirming and whimpering to go after the rabbit again in her arms. The returned to the area the wolf had awoken in. There were a pile of clothes laden with its scent, but the Wolf didn't wear the silly man things. It preferred the feel of the wind through its fur as it ran in the night.

"Wolf knows better." She growled-well she growled but the words seemed to come without her lips moving in the silly thing the men called language. The wolf's ears perked and he cocked his head inquisitively at her as she somehow continued speaking to him without talking, " Obey human understanding... Period...Lesson one."

He was hurled onto ground by the bigger black wolf-man-woman pack member. He looked up at her ears low, head bowed down, tail tucked between his legs. He peered up at the bigger and stronger wolf submissively.

Man understanding? What a silly thing to say. The wolf shifted away from her and watched as the white she-wolf led off the rabbit back into its warren in the ground.

So much for supper. He whined in disappointment but then switched tasks back to things more important.

He began to sniff the ground searching. When he found no trace of what he was looking for he looked up at the big black she-wolf-man-woman pack member. He whined and whimpered to her trying to speak like she had. It took several tries but finally he found how.

It was in Gregory's voice but the wolf's words alone, "....Ch-chosen mate....R-rival.....W-w-where?"

-------------------X

IC: Darren Cross

Back in the hotel Darren had set about his new job with a gusto. It helped him not to dwell on the emotional state Rayna was in, or the state he was in either. Pushing Greg away and trying to do the same to him as well. Briefly he thought of trying to track Greg down and talk him out of doing something stupid again, but he didn't think it was in the same state Greg had been in before. Still he was glad that he saw Ishari go after him back at the blues club.

At least he had a pair of reasonably friendly eyes keeping a watch over him. Greg was still young and dealing with a lot of stuff, Ishari could help him better alone without Darren to get in the way.

Besides he had his own drama to sort through here. He approached Rayna's office in the hotel and saw Marko at the doorway. He hated Marko, the man was the worst sort of scum: a flesh peddler. And he wasn't too fond of the blood dolls he peddled either. There was only one reason why Marko would be outside Rayna's office.

Setting his jaw he brushed past him, trying to ignore him like the bug he was. and pushed his way inside. He saw Ember there, Rayna's self-appointed enforcer, and Rayna herself sitting behind Bishop's desk (correction: her desk now) staring at Marko's gift to her.

He glanced over the blood doll. "Certainly pretty packaging." He then looked pointedly at Rayna, "You know as far as bribes go, Commander."
 
Marko Ember and Rayna

Marko raised a brow Rayna was not in fact acting like the Rayna he expected and wondered if this could be problematic but said nothing as he turned obeying the order of the new commander and leaving her office leaving the blood doll there with her and the other two.

Ember moved to give the new blood doll gift her own inspection doing nothing the hide the fact that she was far more than a vampire. She smirked hearing Darren's comment.

Too bad most of them are too "fragile" for my kind... Jalla and Ishari could use a plaything from time to time.

Rayna finished looking over her paperwork and placing a couple of calls she looked to the blood doll.

You will get used to Ember and her pack they are both werecreature and Vampire Perhaps you can direct an acceptable blood doll to a diet or arrangement to make them more likely to survive them. As for Darren he is more the modern medical packaging... good thing one of our kind helps run the local blood bank.

Standing she glanced to both of them before walking over to stand face to face with the blood doll


Now... do you have a name or is that something else they expect me to do?

She looked him over as the faintest tinge of her original toying nature tried to slip into her eyes though soon crushed out as she met his eyes again.

So you are the one to lead and "speak for" all the blood dolls if there is a problem. Very well go tend to your brethren and sisters and return to this office. Dismissed.

Her attention turning to Darren.

What time is my meeting with Soren and Ember will Shayda and her partner be attending or will they arrive after?

Ember nodded.

Shayda will be involved in the meeting and her partner will join after Soren leaves.

Onyx and Ishari

Ishari hissed.

You are not ready to go back to them... you and your human had the chance to become one with the help of the Ghost cat and you refused now you WILL do this my way. Greg and Wolf will become as he should be... ONE! Or else we risk losing the one called Rayna to her own darkness once and for all. Wolf will learn from Greg. Will respect boundaries of the Ankou Hunting grounds.

She then moved to stared dead in Greg's eyes.

Greg I know you hear me too. You will learn to use wolf side to protect and learn respect... Then you will be allowed to apologize... Is that clear BOTH of you.

Onyx moved nudging Ishari she knew well her temper as a "teacher" and her lack of seeing that things are not as clear to others as they can be to her with her unique clarity through madness.

Ishari snorted and walked away from both of them with a growl that rattled the hunting grounds.

Onyx looked to him.

Wolf you need to accept and become packmates with your human side... before she does it for you... even you can tell you do not want her anger I know you can sense it. She does not want to bring harm but her rage is that of Mars itself... Focus on the mortal within Greg... meditate on the wolf within it is not as difficult as you think.

With that Onyx laid down and seemed to "meditate" as she seemed to ripple between mortal and wolf form as she laid there.
 
IC: The Wolf

It was in Gregory's voice but the wolf's words alone, "....Ch-chosen mate....R-rival.....W-w-where?"

"You are not ready to go back to them... you and your human had the chance to become one with the help of the Ghost cat and you refused now you WILL do this my way." The big dark she-wolf-man-thing hissed to him, "Greg and Wolf will become as he should be... ONE! Or else we risk losing the one called Rayna to her own darkness once and for all. Wolf will learn from Greg. Will respect boundaries of the Ankou Hunting grounds."

The wolf cocked his head to the side, ears perked in a skeptical manner. Why did she want the wolf to like the silly human. The wolf did not want anything to do with the silly human at all. The wolf liked everyone. It was the silly human that didn't like the wolf. The she-wolf-man-thing should be hissing at. Whenever the wolf was free to hunt and to run and howl at the full moon.

The big black she wolf pounded up to him grabbing him by the snout and The wolf stared into those blazing red eyes. "Greg I know you hear me too. You will learn to use wolf side to protect and learn respect..." She growled, "Then you will be allowed to apologize... Is that clear BOTH of you."

The wolf pulled away from her shaking his body as if he had just swam through a river and was drying himself off. If the big black she-wolf-man-thing wouldn't help him find his chosen mate or his rival the wolf would just have to track them down on his own.

The other she wolf nudged the big black furred one aside and said to him, "Wolf you need to accept and become packmates with your human side..."

The wolf snorted dismissively at that notion. Silly human not accept the Wolf. Why would the Wolf accept him. "...N-n-nev...N-never."

" before she does it for you..." The other wolf said gesturing with her snout to the big black and scary she-wolf-man-thing, "Even you can tell you do not want her anger I know you can sense it. She does not want to bring harm but her rage is that of Mars itself..."

His ears tucked back and tail between his legs, head low. "...D-don't...D-don't know h-how."

"Focus on the mortal within Greg..." She replied, "...Meditate on the wolf within it is not as difficult as you think."

The wolf snorted dismissively at that, but the she-wolf lay down and closed her eyes. After a moment she began to blink from wolf to human.

Curiously the wolf came up to her and sniffed at her. No matter which form she was in she had the same scent.

"...H-how..." He asked.

-------------X

IC: Darren Cross

He glanced over the blood doll. "Certainly pretty packaging." He then looked pointedly at Rayna, "You know as far as bribes go, Commander."

"What time is my meeting with Soren and Ember," She asked him.

"It's at 2:30." Darren frowned at the all-business-like tone to her voice.

"Will Shayda and her partner be attending or will they arrive after," The tone continued as if he was nothing more to her than a flunkie. He supposed that was what he was now.

Ember answered for him, "Shayda will be involved in the meeting and her partner will join after Soren leaves."

"Shayda will want to maintain the peace above anything else," Darren put in, "Bishop never trusted her. Never really listened to her. If you go in and give her voice credence, and don't play the political gamesmanship with her Bishop did we can count on her as a strong ally."

He spread his arms in a shrug, "It's this Soren guy that will be the wild card here. Reportedly, he's keeping the shifter tribes together, but its not a solidified group in the slightest. The elders of those tribes can and will apply pressure upon him to do whatever they want him to."

"You know him better than I do," He said looking towards Ember, "How do you think he'll react to Rayna's aims?"
 
Ishari and Onyx

Ishari looked over seeing that Onyx seemed to have the wolf curious and walked back over sitting down this time to be a little closer to their level.

Onyx able to do that because wolf and human are one. One does not live separate from the other. Wolf need meditate on human inside and Greg need meditate on wolf. Find the sacred lands within and learn from each other. Accept that both are same... in scent... soul... life and love. Then maybe We can take you back to the rest of your bonded pack.

Onyx nodded and moved her paw to pat the ground beside her.

Focus... one side can not live without other. just like body can not live with only food or only air need both.

Rayna and Ember

Rayna looked to him and nodded.

Shayda and I have always gotten along well. I know far better how to work with the were creatures than he was ever willing to learn. I appreciate that her partner is waiting till we are done with the meeting with the werewolves to arrive.

She listened to Darren and looking to Ember for her answer about the other elders.

Ember sighed.

It is true that Soren lets them appear to control him but there is more to the old man then meets the eye. He walks a very thin line at times thinner than I think he realizes. Warin and his allies are the worry but... With Onyx and Greg aiding him.

With that Rayna snarled glaring at her.

With all due respect COMMANDER

Ember did not back down to her their long friendship was partly to blame for either one of them not backing down from each other.

Had you accepted a simple hug when any other person would have Greg would be here and not there. Quite frankly you turning into Mother in that moment was the best thing for both of you. Now Greg can learn among the wolves how to be a wolf No offense to your feline ghost. Onyx will see to it that he becomes as he should or at least that he does not fall victim to Warin and that vermin. Soren needs someone who can help bring an outside perspective and back up a more iron claw within the camps to free him up to help you begin the progress of peace and enlightenment between vampires and werecreatures.

Rayna glared at her.

Lets hope that Soren's new recruit can help him if not... We may have to make them tow the line and place you and your pack over the werewolves or at least Place Jalla within their ranks in her true and rightful place.
 
IC: The Wolf

Curiously the wolf came up to her and sniffed at her. No matter which form she was in she had the same scent.

"...H-how..." He asked.

The big black she-wolf-man-thing came up beside them and sat down. It made her less intimidating and the Wolf sniffed at her scent inquisitively.

"Onyx able to do that because wolf and human are one. One does not live separate from the other," She stated, "Wolf need meditate on human inside and Greg need meditate on wolf. Find the sacred lands within and learn from each other. Accept that both are same... in scent... soul... life and love. Then maybe We can take you back to the rest of your bonded pack."

The Wolf's head cocked to one side his ears perked. It looked at the big black she-wolf-man-thing like it was spouting nonsense to him.

Onyx patted her paw on the ground getting the Wolf's attention. "Focus... one side can not live without other. just like body can not live with only food or only air need both."

"...I....T-try..." The wolf said to Onyx, "...T-tell...H-how..."

He would try it, and when it failed, he'd go find his chosen mate and his rival.

------------------X

IC: Darren Cross

"You know him better than I do," He said looking towards Ember, "How do you think he'll react to Rayna's aims?"

"It is true that Soren lets them appear to control him but there is more to the old man then meets the eye," She replied, "He walks a very thin line at times thinner than I think he realizes. Warin and his allies are the worry but... With Onyx and Greg aiding him."

Darren winced at hearing that last name, and Rayna snarled at it glaring at the hybrid pack leader for the mention of his name.

"Damn it, Greg," Darren thought to his erstwhile friend ruefully, "Wherever the hell you are. You need to get back here before your relationship with Rayna sours so completely the two of you will never be able mend your fences."

"With all due respect COMMANDER," Ember told her courageously considering the position of authority within the city Rayna now sat in. With a word to the right ears she could quite literally make Ember and every member of her pack simply vanish without a trace if she were of a mind to. And the state of mind she was in right now...it was only two or three very short and very quick steps away from Rayna the Commander promising a new progressive era for the city to Rayna the Terrible.

"Had you accepted a simple hug when any other person would have Greg would be here and not there," Darren groaned as Ember threw good money in after bad, continuing on with her rant, "Quite frankly you turning into Mother in that moment was the best thing for both of you. Now Greg can learn among the wolves how to be a wolf No offense to your feline ghost."

"Batai tried to help him," Darren told her feeling the need to defend Rayna's late husband, "He would've too if Greg would've even tried to listen to him, and the way he is now...I don't think anyone can get to him for a long time. The change was done to him without being given the choice...that's informed his attitude about all of this, werecreatures and vampires both." He sighed, "I hope they can at least reach him, help him past his resentment of that better than we did."

"Onyx will see to it that he becomes as he should or at least that he does not fall victim to Warin and that vermin." She told them in response, but primarily speaking her mind to Rayna, "Soren needs someone who can help bring an outside perspective and back up a more iron claw within the camps to free him up to help you begin the progress of peace and enlightenment between vampires and werecreatures."

"That's what worries me," Darren agreed, "This Warin character has his own agenda and I get the sense he's not really on board with Soren. Greg may too easily get caught in any power struggle between the two."

Rayna still glaring at Ember then announced, "Lets hope that Soren's new recruit can help him if not... We may have to make them tow the line and place you and your pack over the werewolves or at least Place Jalla within their ranks in her true and rightful place."

"Let's hope," Darren agreed, but he as well as Rayna and Ember knew there were a couple of huge obstacles in the way for the Ankou to be accepted back in the packs' fold. Right now if Jalla and the others were forced on them the traditionalists led by Warin would rip the packs' current unity under Soren apart. Not even Bishop was dumb enough to create a werecreature civil war on the streets of the city.

"Moving on to the next topic of business," He lifted up a manila folder from the stack of them on the side of Rayna's desk. He opened it and placed it before Rayna on the desk. "This is Anthony Ramirez. He's a reporter for the Gazette, or he was before Bishop had him fired from the paper. For the last couple of years he's been digging and working on a story about us. He runs a blog about the underbelly of the city now, and he's close to submitting his story that will expose us. These were the plans Bishop left you for when he got that close to either kill or discredit him before he could do that."

He leaned forward looking into her eyes deeply worried that she'd do the convenient thing and order them to assassinate the man just to maintain the vampire's society's secrecy. Before with the old Rayna he'd never hesitate over it, but now with this newer, harder version of the woman he'd grown to love...he didn't know. "You need to decide how we're going to deal with him and soon. The spy Bishop set on him says his expose on us is almost complete."
 
Onyx and Ishari

Ishari stared deep into his eyes and repeated one word instructions at a time.

Relax... Focus... Connect... Respect... Learn... One

Onyx filled in the blanks.

First... Relax and stop fighting yourself you are like a right and left hand slapping at the other when you are parts of the same being.

Second... Focus... We will take the easy path first. Wolf... focus on Greg... understand his fear... his fear is the same fear you would feel avoiding a hunter. Greg Focus running from the wolf within is like running from your own shadow or trying to outrun your own breath.

Third... Connect. Within all Were creatures is a sacred astral land where only you and your animal side can go. Connect there... it will bring peace and calm and give equal footing but will not let you harm each other.

Next... Respect the powers and fears of the other. Wolf you may not admit it but you hold fear as well. Deep down you both fear never being whole. Show respect for each other in that sacred place by listening to each other.

While you are respecting each other and listening you will learn from each other and how to help each other and support each other in becoming whole again.

Once you have master all of that you will both be one being like all were creatures are... Or... well you don't want to know the alternative.

Onyx looked to Ishari when she said that hen back to Greg.

Rayna and Onyx

How to deal with the reporter... death... turning him into a blood doll or perhaps what he wants to expose the most... one of us. I wonder Ember do you think he would make a good blood doll for your pack?

Ember stiffened up at her words.

Commander while I appreciate your offer this human is as much of a threat as Warin and needs to be silenced. Death may not be an option... Bishop had a bad habit of that so perhaps a more manipulative path is called for. Your thoughts of the pack are not far off... Think about our various members.

Madness...

Rayna almost purred with a cold glint.

Transform his mind into the depths of madness... One like him might end his own life or find himself locked up in a... Vampire run sanitarium

She laughed cruelly as Ember sighed. Her thoughts and what she had hoped would be Rayna's thoughts would be letting the pack save his life and swear him on that life they would own to silence. Thought they could drive him insane if they had to.

Let Salizar and that mountain of a Panther Vitor have a little fun... if they can't break his mind... then they can eat it.

Dismissing Ember to deliver a message she was less than eager to deliver she turned to Darren.

Spill it... I know you who did you put tailing him. Do NOT lie to me. I know you far too well... You do not like this little break in our arrangement any more than you like this change everyone claims I have taken... So what valuable associate in this operation have you cost me to follow him?

Her eyes... in that moment she might have even scared Mother and Bishop. She certainly could back down the Wolves She had been a wildcard before now... she was a viper that was poised to strike with no way to tell which way she would strike or who.
 
Last edited:
IC: The Wolf and Gregory Wolf

"...I....T-try..." The wolf said to Onyx, "...T-tell...H-how..."

The big black she-wolf-thing glared into his eyes. "Relax... Focus... Connect... Respect... Learn... One."

The wolf backed up away from her ears tucked and tail between his legs.

The nice one repeated, "First... Relax and stop fighting yourself. You are like a right and left hand slapping at the other when you are parts of the same being." She told him and the wolf cocked its head to one side ears up trying to understand what she was getting at. Surely they weren't suggesting he and the silly human could coexist. But he had said he would try it, and he unlike the silly human kept his word.

He shut his eyes and tried to relax as she had instructed.

"Second... Focus... We will take the easy path first. Wolf... focus on Greg..."

The wolf whimpered at that. The last thing he wanted was to reach for the silly human. He was there behind the wolf scratching and clawing desperately to shove him back in the box that only ever opened when the moon was full in the sky above or now.

"Understand his fear... his fear is the same fear you would feel avoiding a hunter."

He shook his head. The fur on his neck and spine standing on end, The nice one didn't understand...the silly human hunted the Wolf. He wanted him back in the cage and to never let him out again.

"Greg. Focus. Running from the wolf within is like running from your own shadow or trying to outrun your own breath."

The wolf whimpered as the silly human heard the nice one's words.

"Third... Connect," She continued, "Within all Were creatures is a sacred astral land where only you and your animal side can go. Connect there... it will bring peace and calm and give equal footing but will not let you harm each other."

The forest was deeper, larger now. Snow was falling, and the moon hung high and full in the sky above. Behind him the wolf could hear rustling. It wasn't prey like a hare or stag. Somehow the wolf knew it was the silly human running through the trees for him.

He had to run. He would not go back into the box. Anything but that.

"Next... Respect the powers and fears of the other," The Nice one's voice echoed out among the tall pines. "Show respect for each other in that sacred place by listening to each other."

Respect? How could that be when the respect would never be mutual. Fear was the absence of respect.

The silly human was getting closer and the wolf bolted through the pine trees. He could feel him coming. He ran through the trees. His paws digging into the snow caked ground, but the silly human was gaining behind him.

"While you are respecting each other and listening you will learn from each other and how to help each other and support each other in becoming whole again."

The words echoing through this ancient forest was ignored as the Wolf ran in desperation. He wove through the trees nearing the rocks that marked his den. No, the box was there. The Wolf had to turn around. Then arms closed around him and a weight landed atop him.

Outside in the copse of trees held sacred by Ankou pack The Wolf and Gregory were stuck in a transitional state. One moment it was the wolf the next Greg. Back and forth the two beings switched. Stuck in an infinite cycle.

Greg rolled over hauling the beast up in his arms. "Get back into your box."

The wolf tucked his head down and his jaws clamped down over the silly human's wrist.

Greg cried out from the pain releasing the monster. He clutched at wound on his arm.

The wolf landed in the snow. He had let go of the silly human's arm because some thing had somehow bitten him on his front leg. His tongue lathed over it to soothe the hurt.

The both whimpered from the pain trying to nurse their injuries in their own way.

After a moment they looked up at eachother eye to eye. They backed away from eachother for what they saw in the other's eyes. They both saw themselves reflected in the other's eyes.

"You have to go back into the box," Greg muttered reaching for a stick on the ground. "You're too dangerous to ever let out of it."

The wolf bared its fangs and growled at him as he hefted the stick like a club.

Then they felt/heard someone else breach their way into their sacred forest. A woman naked and another wolf was bounding side by side through the trees straight for them.

They recognized them as Onyx/The nice one.

"Help me," Greg called out to her, "We have to get the monster back under control." He held his stick to ward off his wolf and then swerving to hers.

"Get behind me," He shouted to her, "I'll fight them off."

------------------X

IC: Darren Cross

"You need to decide how we're going to deal with him and soon. The spy Bishop set on him says his expose on us is almost complete."

"How to deal with the reporter..." Rayna mused for a moment, "Death... turning him into a blood doll or perhaps what he wants to expose the most... one of us." She turned to Ember. "I wonder Ember do you think he would make a good blood doll for your pack?"

Darren's eyes widened and even Ember stiffened at that.

"Commander while I appreciate your offer this human is as much of a threat as Warin and needs to be silenced." She answered, "Death may not be an option... Bishop had a bad habit of that so perhaps a more manipulative path is called for. Your thoughts of the pack are not far off... Think about our various members."

"Madness..." She surmised with purring feline glint in her eye.

That was why Ember and all the other hybrids set Darren on edge all the time. They were all insane...to one degree or another. The process that changed them to both werebeing and vampire that they survived and struggled through invariably made them that way. He remembered one time Salizar had stomped on a bug and cried for days over the cruelty of its death while ripping rats in half in his great hands and smiling over it. Salizar was by far the most stable of the lot of them in Darren's opinion. The truth was that one way or another they were all just a little bit off.

"Transform his mind into the depths of madness..." She continued with a cruel laugh, "One like him might end his own life or find himself locked up in a... Vampire run sanitarium."

At that Darren's heart plummeted. Rayna was so far gone into the dark. How could he hope to pull her back into the light? He was alone surrounded by shadows reaching out to a memory that may be out of reach now. Yet he still clung to that hope of regaining the Rayna he knew. He had to. He loved her, his Rayna.

Even Ember was taken back, which was really saying something of how far Rayna was lost. "Let Salizar and that mountain of a Panther Vitor have a little fun... if they can't break his mind... then they can eat it."

Then Rayna wrote a message and handed it to Ember to carry it. That left Darren alone with her.

"No," Darren shook his head pleading to the woman he loved but was so very distant from him now, "Rayna, you can't allow this. You can tell him the truth first. Give him a chance to keep our existence a secret."

"Spill it... I know you who did you put tailing him. Do NOT lie to me. I know you far too well..." She said flatly not being deterred from her course like an oncoming freight train. "You do not like this little break in our arrangement any more than you like this change everyone claims I have taken... So what valuable associate in this operation have you cost me to follow him?"

Darren pursed his lips at the look in her eyes but said, "It wasn't me. It was Bishop that set her to spy on him. Her name's Julia. You wouldn't know her. She was turned while you were out and about in the world a couple years back. She's a friend of mine."

"Rayna," He said emotion starting to break his voice, "Don't go there. Don't go, because I will follow you into the shadows if I have to. The deeper we go the more the darkness will seep within us." He lifted his hand and reached out for hers. "I know you've seen it happen to Bishop and Mother. I thought you were too strong to change too, but I'm begging you...come back to us..." After a moment without her lifting her hand to take his he added, "...please."
 
Onyx and Ishari

Onyx looked to Ishari as she nodded that they were face to face. Ishari then lunged and grabbing Onyx forehead and Greg's forehead and suddenly a ripple and Onyx was in Greg's and the wolf's sacred lands. Her wolf k ew what was up and began running with her to find them.

Damn it ISHARI!

Onyx screamed.

This is not the way it is supposed to be.

Looking to Greg she hissed and grabbing the stick.

Watch your wolf it is lesson time for both of you.

Her wolf growling at his wolf as well. With that she used the stick to carefully swat his leg knowing he would see that the pain was felt by his wolf too. Letting that sink in for a moment she nodded to her wolf who bit his wolf carefully on the side of the neck know I g the wolf would see Greg shared his pain too.

You two are going to... learn...

Her head turned watching something in the distance for a moment.

You are bound to Rayna correct? Both of you have to become one soon. Wolf you have the sight. From in here I can see...

Pointing to a mirror flooded with darkness.

View Rayna... you can not help her till you two heal yourselves back into one complete being again... or lose her to thw darkness forever. Greg this is no longer about your boo boo woe is me and wolf this is not about your dislike of Greg. You both need to grow up and get over yourselves because I am NOT going to lose the only person who can set things right and move vampires and were creatures forward together over some petty crybaby and his attitude problem wolf.

Grabbing both by the back of the neck as she and her wolf combined and the wolf man creature held them both to face the mirror. Letting them see Rayna and Darren.

This is no longer an acceptable situation for us to coddle you two is that clear?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rayna and Emily

Rayna's expression narrowed with a snarl either Darren genuinely did not know who she was talking about or he was baiting her to mention Greg's name.

You know who I was talking about Darren. Who did you put watching him?

Emily materialized in the room.

I sent Ishari... the leader of the wolves sent someone who had an almost family like energy to her so I sent her. Problem with that ya little Mother wanna be... then kill me... oh wait I am already dead. You make a poor copy of her you know that but Jalla says that Victor can fix that but you won't like it so advice don't make me have to ask him?

She looked to Darren with a wink trying to keep her determined attitude and tone with Rayna.
 
IC: Gregory Wolf and the Wolf

"Help me," Greg called out to her, "We have to get the monster back under control." He held his stick to ward off his wolf and then swerving to hers.

"Get behind me," He shouted to her, "I'll fight them off."

"This is not the way it is supposed to be," She hissed at him taking the stick and wrenching it from his hands.

"They're going to eat us," He growled back pointing at the two vicious-looking animals.

"Watch your wolf," She snarled in return, "It is lesson time for both of you."

The wolf sniffed at the other wolf, recognizing it as the nice one's scent. She was growling at him and getting between him and the silly humans. That was good. The only things silly humans ever did was try to put the wolf back into a box, especially the one that the other nice one had taken the stick away from.

Then the nice silly human hit him on the leg. The wolf yelped turning around to see whatever had struck his leg.

"Ooowww," Greg exclaimed looking at Onyx and rubbing his sore thigh. Then he saw the Wolf whimpering and licking the outside of its leg. They looked at eachother and saw what neither of them wanted to admit to seeing in the other.

Then the other wolf bit his on the neck.

"Aaah," He cried out as he felt the same teeth dig into the side of his neck. They looked at each other and then turned their eyes away from the other...the other...the other side of themselves.

"You two are going to... learn..." Onyx proclaimed resolutely. She turned to look off into the distance past the pinetrees and snowflakes to a mirror standing in the middle of the forest.

"You are bound to Rayna correct?"

The wolf's ears perked up at the mention of his chosen mate's name, but Greg only shook his head. "No, she doesn't want us..." He glanced at the wolf and then to Onyx, "...She doesn't want anything to do with me."

The wolf snorted in disgust at that. The silly Human didn't understand. Wolves mated for life...it didn't matter what he said. The wolf would never give up on their mate like he had.

Onyx looked at both of them saying resolutely, "Both of you have to become one soon."

They looked at eachother. The wolf growled at him, and Greg shook his head. "That's crazy....I'm not like you or Batai or Ishari..." He pointed at the wolf, "...He isn't me. He can't be."

"Wolf you have the sight. From in here I can see..." She looked deep into him and pointed to the mirror that had somehow gotten closer to them while they weren't looking. View Rayna... you can not help her till you two heal yourselves back into one complete being again... or lose her to the darkness forever."

The wolf looked into the dark depths of the mirror his ears flat and tail tucked between his legs. He could see Rayna wrapped in shadows, lost in darkness, and Darren holding a dying flashlight searching and calling out for her, but his words not reaching her ears.

"Greg this is no longer about your boo boo woe is me and wolf this is not about your dislike of Greg. You both need to grow up and get over yourselves because I am NOT going to lose the only person who can set things right and move vampires and were creatures forward together over some petty crybaby and his attitude problem wolf."

The other wolf had circled around behind her as she was ranting at them. It ran at her and bounded in the air landing on her back, but instead of knocking her off balance...it fused into her. Together they became a werewolf like in the movies. Standing on two legs covered in fur with a dog's snout and ears.

He took a step away from her but she was too fast. In a blur she had him and the Wolf by the backs of their neck holding them so they both could see the shadows closing around Rayna like she was sinking in tar pits. Darren trying to reach out to her but she was oblivious to his efforts. In fact she looked oblivious of what kind of danger she was in entirely.

"This is no longer an acceptable situation for us to coddle you two," The she-man-wolf creature declared, "Is that clear?"

The wolf whimpered and Greg felt like whimpering too, but he shook himself trying to be free of the furred and clawed hand clamped around the back of his neck. "Even if we were to...reconcile our differences..." He asked her, "What do you think I can do that Darren isn't already trying?"

--------------------X

IC: Darren Cross

"Rayna," He said emotion starting to break his voice, "Don't go there. Don't go, because I will follow you into the shadows if I have to. The deeper we go the more the darkness will seep within us." He lifted his hand and reached out for hers. "I know you've seen it happen to Bishop and Mother. I thought you were too strong to change too, but I'm begging you...come back to us..." After a moment without her lifting her hand to take his he added, "...please."

"You know who I was talking about Darren," She bulled in completely disregarding his emotional appeal to her, "Who did you put watching him?"

"Greg," He asked and shook his head, "I thought he just needed some time to cool off. I haven't sent anyone-"

Suddenly Emily appeared out of nowhere beside him. "I sent Ishari..." She declared, "the leader of the wolves sent someone who had an almost family like energy to her so I sent her. Problem with that ya little Mother wanna be... then kill me... oh wait I am already dead. You make a poor copy of her you know that but Jalla says that Victor can fix that but you won't like it so advice don't make me have to ask him?"

Darren's mouth was agape at her words to Rayna, but he smiled gratefully to her when she sent him a wink back to him. He suddenly felt a sense of hope since the moment he saw the woman he loved wrap the shadows around her like Bishop, like Mother had. Now, however, he had someone in his corner. Someone Rayna loved just as much Rayna loved her, and as annoying as Emily could be. There was no one he could think of that was more stalwart when it came to the well-being of those she loved.

"Come back to us, Rayna....please," He repeated, "I know it hurts after losing the man in the club, but he would not want his passing to claim what he loved in you too." He glanced to Emily for support and then held his hand out for Rayna to take once more.
 
Onyx

A roar ripped from her as she then planted both of them against a tree facing her. Eyes almost consumed in flames with her anger.

Think about it Greg you work in a hospital... what is the old saying cut off the head the body will die... you three are are parts of a whole. Darren can only do so much by himself. Really you can't be that dense.

She growled feeling Ishari starting to relax her hold on keeping her in there in his sacred inner lands. She should not be here but she knew she had to be if even to plant the seed to get them talking. Her attention turned to the wolf.

Without ALL of her pack without BOTH of her mates She is lost... Stronger as a whole pack than broken.

Staring through both of them she snarled one last thing as she vanished and they would drop to the ground to again drive home that they each feel what the other one feels.

United Everyone stands divided... we all lose her. Remember that.

Once she was back within her own body and mind she glared at Ishari.

You should not have done that. An invasion like that may not end up working as well as you hoped. As much as I hate to say it... he may be a lost cause... which means we lose Rayna and any chance of fixing anything.

UNACCEPTABLE!

Ishari roared and sat staring at Greg till he or his wolf woke up. She was ready to try one last thing... He had harmed commander... it was well within her right to execute him in combat. Maybe fighting for his life will make them learn to work together.

Onyx knew better than to get involved in what it clearly appeared was Ishari's thoughts... After all if she was going to attack him that meant she was taking it as an internal situation in the Vampire world to deal with and even Soren would not go against that. She just hoped that he would snap to before she killed him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rayna stared at Emily.

You are right... I can't kill you but believe me child you can be made worse things than dead. Jalla thinks Victor should deal with me... Bring it... I would love to to have a battle of minds with that pompous cat. You sent Ishari... this should be entertaining... looks like we might wish to inform the wolves they may have 2 funerals to prepare for. Emily child Ishari is about as predictable as a rabid wolverine... if he says the wrong thing... or does the wrong thing provided running off from us is not enough. She will not hesitate to kill him to protect me or any who stand with me and Onyx... her young cousin or whatever she is to her can not stop her. Ishari is both Vampire and Werewolf and pure madness.

She smirked watching that determination and show of strength begin to crack from Emily hearing her words.

Perhaps you should have asked someone before sending her.

She turned sharp to Darren

As for what he loved in me dying... what if it did. I can not be harboring such weak emotions for humans it will put our kind in danger of exposure even more than anything Bishop could have caused. Now I believe you have meetings to prepare for and I have a new blood doll to test.

With that she turned.

Emily for your innocent sake I do hope he survives her or is smart enough to not anger Ishari though when she returns do inform me whatever she reports happened.

With that she turned and opened her office door as if perfect timing for her personal blood doll to be on the other side preparing to knock.
 
IC: Gregory Wolf and the Wolf

The wolf whimpered and Greg felt like whimpering too, but he shook himself trying to be free of the furred and clawed hand clamped around the back of his neck. "Even if we were to...reconcile our differences..." He asked her, "What do you think I can do that Darren isn't already trying?"

The she-wolf-thing roared throwing them hard against the nearest pine tree dislodging a shower of snow from its boughs on top of them.

"Think about it Greg you work in a hospital... what is the old saying cut off the head the body will die... you three are are parts of a whole. Darren can only do so much by himself. Really you can't be that dense." Then to the wolf beside him she added, "Without ALL of her pack without BOTH of her mates She is lost... Stronger as a whole pack than broken."

He looked into the eyes of the terrible monster, but saw they were still the eyes of the woman he had eaten with at the food trucks. "So, Onyx, is that it?"

The Wolf's ears perked up looking back to the mirror where it saw its chosen-mate and its rival.

"You followed after me to try and convince me to go crawling back to Rayna, you thought looking like that you'd make me a meek cowed little puppy doing whatever you said. You think I'm scared of you. I see you here. You're in the wrong place for scaring me to do what anyone else wants me to do." He took her large muscled furry arm in his hand and effortlessly forced it back off of him. "This is my place not yours. Here you're not scary or intimidating...here..." His fingers tightened around her arm threatening to crush it flesh and bone alike as easily as he would a cardboard box, "...Here I'm the big bad wolf, and you're not welcome here any longer. Ishari can't force you in here any longer. So go ahead and get the hell out."

She vanished then, and he and his wolf collapsed into the snow covered ground beneath the pines...only it was no longer the ancient forest of pine trees anymore. He was no longer kneeling in the snow. It wasn't winter at all anymore. This was the waking world...Funny he had never been to that place...maybe in his dreams, but he had known exactly what he was doing there. Here, now, in the real world...it was a different story. It was always a different story for him here.

"You should not have done that. An invasion like that may not end up working as well as you hoped. As much as I hate to say it... he may be a lost cause... which means we lose Rayna and any chance of fixing anything."

That was Onyx speaking to the huge hulking midnight black werewolf.

"UNACCEPTABLE!"

That was her roaring response.

He rose to his feet looking at her. She was everything you'd picture in a werewolf movie. A hulking bestial monster, a blood-thirsty killer.

Greg swallowed and tried to summon the feeling of assertiveness he'd felt in his forest. "No," He told them both, "I'm through being a pawn on someone's chess board. I won't do what Soren, or Rayna, or you want me to just because I'm scared anymore."

He looked Onyx, "Me and Rayna was nice while it lasted, Would I like to go back to her, and be whatever she wants me to be...part of me still wants to say yes. But we're from different worlds and I don't even know where the hell I belong." He glared at the huge scary she-werewolf monster, "Me and her was a dream come true for me, but dreams only last while you're sleeping. They die in the cold light of morning...this was our morning today."

He turned his back on them both before growling over his shoulder at both of them, "How did you two think this was going to play out? You'd have convinced me to go crawling back to her beg and grovel at her feet and she wouldn't just kick me out like she did at the club earlier today. Darren's trying that now and its getting him nowhere. Rayna needs to see she deserves to be saved before either of us can pull her out, and I can't-I won't stand around being something I hate and wait for her to realize that."

He spun back around to glare at the werewolf, "I'm going to figure out what the hell it is I want first, got it?" He saw those fangs and claws she was sporting and swallowed a bubble of fear back down but didn't change course now, "You don't like it...you just kill me now then."

------------------X

IC: Darren Cross

"Come back to us, Rayna....please," He repeated, "I know it hurts after losing the man in the club, but he would not want his passing to claim what he loved in you too." He glanced to Emily for support and then held his hand out for Rayna to take once more.

"As for what he loved in me dying... what if it did." She said turning a rapier sharp glare upon him, "I can not be harboring such weak emotions for humans it will put our kind in danger of exposure even more than anything Bishop could have caused."

"But..." He began.

She cut him off saying, "Now I believe you have meetings to prepare for and I have a new blood doll to test."

He sucked in a breath at her baiting his jealousy, but looking at her Darren nodded knowing now wasn't the best time to come off as possessive of her.

When they were dismissed he stormed down the hotel's hallway before growling to Emily. Go find Batai for me. He knows Rayna better than anyone. Maybe he'll know how to reach her."

------------------X

IC: Ronin

He stood there at the door trying not to hear the new commander conferring with her advisors. He was patient on the outside. He had waited here in silence, but on the inside he was jumping up and down like an anxious puppy.

He had been chosen as the new Commander's personal blood doll. The pride he felt at such an honor was tremendous, and his happiness was due to it being this particular vampire.

Rayna...no, that was too familiar...Commander....no too formal...whatever she chose to be called was beautiful. Thin and lithe, but belying a power that was almost palpable within thirty feet of her.

She was a princess now a Queen, and he was the gift of a grateful people for her coronation.

His moment would come soon. Eventually the advisors would have to leave and she would get hungry, and Ronin would have the honor to provide sustenance and perhaps if his prayers were answered...release for her.

So he waited but eventually after a few minutes he raised his hand to knock.

Maybe she had something he could do for her now.

But when he did the door opened wide before he could knock. Ronin immediately kneeled to one knee. "May I serve you, Commander?"
 
Back
Top