The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

Small update, nothing really new. Still going up every weekend to see SW. He has a pain patch on all the time now because he's complaining of increasing headaches. They've also upped his scheduled pain meds, and they come in and shift him every two hours. He doesn't always remember me but he knows I'm important to him so he addresses me by "Dear." They did say he was calling for me Friday before I got here.

I just sit up here with him all weekend unless I have plans to meet up with someone in town. I don't sleep well at home, primarily because of insomnia and nightmares, but when I'm up here I relax and crash. Often I'll fall asleep with my head on him and we'll rest together for hours. Sometimes I read on Lit, and sometimes, when I'm feeling particularly ambitious, I work on my figure drawing.

I never know when I leave Sunday nights if I'll see him again. The doctor expected him to go a few weeks ago so we're just waiting now. I try to sneak out when he's sleeping so I don't upset him and if he's awake I just tell him goodnight or I'll see him later. That's the same thing I say when I'm going down the hall to the vending machine, or to my room to head to bed, so he always knows it means I'll be back no matter how long the gap is in between. I have a bag packed during the week just in case, but the reality is he'll probably slip away in his sleep and by the time I make the 3.5 hour drive up here, he'll be gone. I have to prepare for that every weekend yet I know I still won't be ready when the time comes.

:rose: YK

YK, He may not always remember you with his mind, but his heart always will. He knows you love him. The love you express here is a tangible one and I'm certain he feels it.

Loving vibes sent to you both always.

:heart::rose::heart:

YK, thanks for the update. I think of you and SW every day and i'm so impressed with your generosity in keeping us up to date. If I could do better than offer yet another virtual hug, I would. :rose:

Thank you for the update,
and the beautiful tribute, YK.

You're posts are always filled with so much love and emotion. My many blessings are with you both.
:rose:

Small update, nothing really new. Still going up every weekend to see SW. He has a pain patch on all the time now because he's complaining of increasing headaches. They've also upped his scheduled pain meds, and they come in and shift him every two hours. He doesn't always remember me but he knows I'm important to him so he addresses me by "Dear." They did say he was calling for me Friday before I got here.

I just sit up here with him all weekend unless I have plans to meet up with someone in town. I don't sleep well at home, primarily because of insomnia and nightmares, but when I'm up here I relax and crash. Often I'll fall asleep with my head on him and we'll rest together for hours. Sometimes I read on Lit, and sometimes, when I'm feeling particularly ambitious, I work on my figure drawing.

I never know when I leave Sunday nights if I'll see him again. The doctor expected him to go a few weeks ago so we're just waiting now. I try to sneak out when he's sleeping so I don't upset him and if he's awake I just tell him goodnight or I'll see him later. That's the same thing I say when I'm going down the hall to the vending machine, or to my room to head to bed, so he always knows it means I'll be back no matter how long the gap is in between. I have a bag packed during the week just in case, but the reality is he'll probably slip away in his sleep and by the time I make the 3.5 hour drive up here, he'll be gone. I have to prepare for that every weekend yet I know I still won't be ready when the time comes.

YK~ sending the two of you lots of good thoughts and love.

Many of you have expressed distress at being unable to do more than provide virtual hugs and support. I think you are underestimating how much both of those mean. I do not post the realities of SW's condition anywhere but here so as not to disturb his loved ones. Here I can be honest. I can share my fears, my pain, my loss. You feel my emptiness in some measure, albeit for a man many of you never met. I will not trivialize your mourning; sharing it with you is so sweet to me.

Many of you have expressed distress at being unable to do more than provide virtual hugs and support. I think you are underestimating how much both of those mean. I do not post the realities of SW's condition anywhere but here so as not to disturb his loved ones. Here I can be honest. I can share my fears, my pain, my loss. You feel my emptiness in some measure, albeit for a man many of you never met. I will not trivialize your mourning; sharing it with you is so sweet to me.

Hug! Hug!

I got a call this morning from the hospital that SW had gone to sleep and wasn't waking up. I made the decision to leave work and go be with him. He has continued to be non-responsive since I got here. I will stay by his side for the foreseeable future.

I got a call this morning from the hospital that SW had gone to sleep and wasn't waking up. I made the decision to leave work and go be with him. He has continued to be non-responsive since I got here. I will stay by his side for the foreseeable future.

Antenna fully focused for SW and much love, strength, and courage for you YK. :rose:

It just occured to me to check and see if YK updated. YK is with SW. The nurse called to make sure she was going to be back on Friday, and YK got the feeling she doesn't think SW is going to make it until Friday so she threw her bag in the car and drove to him. He's sleeping and he didn't wake up when he heard her voice - that's never happened. He's also not waking when they shift him. YK is sitting with him, and she says he seems to be struggling to breathe. She's put her ipad next to him with her noise machine app on a purr.

They're by themselves, but that's how she wants it. Her sister is ready to be with her as soon as YK calls, but YK is enjoying spending this time with him. I think that's all the pertinent information.

:(

Back