What do you think about Baby, It's Cold Outside?


Ross is hilarious.

But yeah man, that doesn't surprise me. Especially girls in their younger 20s. I remember this one girl kept talking to me in a math class I was taking. The professor bitched me out, telling me to stop bothering the girl. I was looking at her like she was a maniac because I wasn't saying a word.

....the stupid girl dropped out of the class and I aced it with ease.
 
The song was written by a lyricist to be sung with his wife.

If you look at the original video from Neptune's Daughter with Esther Williams and Ricardo Montalban, it's clear she's not being coerced and they're seducing each other:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MFJ7ie_yGU


The video also features a role reversal where an actress sings the male part to Red Skeleton and she is far more aggressive with him than Ricardo Montalban is with Esther Williams. Doesn't Red's consent matter too?

I think we, as a society, have lost our minds and all sense of perspective.

Here are the lyrics:
https://www****ricsfreak.com/c/christmas+songs/baby+its+cold+outside_20686844.html

The only really questionable line is "hey, what's in this drink" Some older people have told me that's a joke when someone is getting tipsy. Still a sketchy line IMO

But if you notice, while she's saying she "ought" to say no, she's not actually saying no, the song is about what others will think. During the 40s, when sex outside of marriage was taboo for women and carried harsh judgment if she got "caught" either by being seen leaving a man's home at an odd hour or a man leaving her home at an odd hour or if she ended up pregnant.
 
Last edited:
The only really questionable line is "hey, what's in this drink" Some older relatives have told me that's a joke when someone is getting tipsy. Still a creepy line IMO

Is asking "Hey, what's in this drink?" the creepy part or is it that some man played it out in his head a woman asking, "Hey, what's in this drink?" Because really, it's not an unusual question. People who drink ask that question often.... because there's so many different types of alcohol and also the alcohol v/v % as well.
 
Fellow lit readers

There has been so much on the news lately about "Baby, it's Cold Outside" that I wondering what others REALLY think on the subject. Is it really the Christmas Rape Song? Do you think that the time it was written should be considered? Is the girl a victim of her times, and is trapped in a moral dilemma of her times? By that I mean, she's like to spend the night with him, but is afraid of what others will think/say?

This is Literotica; I expect some liberal responses, but don't hold back. Tell us all how you feel about this!

Thanks, and Happy Holidays. And where I live, it is cold outside!

Where I live, if I offered to pour after she put some records on, I'd be saving her life.

It gets chilly here during the winter months.
 
Is asking "Hey, what's in this drink?" the creepy part or is it that some man played it out in his head a woman asking, "Hey, what's in this drink?" Because really, it's not an unusual question. People who drink ask that question often.... because there's so many different types of alcohol and also the alcohol v/v % as well.

I don't think it's intended as creepy when it was written. But the misogynistic pieces of shit who drug/roofie and then rape women kind of ruined it for everyone else.
 
I really didn't know this song until this thread. But from what I can hear from this, it's about 2 grown ppl making excuses for spending the night together. If they are old enough, who cares what others think?
 
Nothing wrong with it...

If you have to go back 70+ years to find an offensive song, you haven't been listening for the past 10 years.
 
Back
Top