Writer's Menagé (closed)

Okay.

Hugging him she buried her face in his neck and shoulder as they ran.

He didn’t so much run as glide

She should feel the wind whip by

In a flash they were at the stream next to Keiko

She looked around once the wind had stopped tossing her hair all over the place.

Hello again she faintly whispered to Kieko with a smile.

It's quite a ride isn't it?

Keiko had traveled with Ambrose many times, and still had to keep his eyes tightly shut

I have seen a few stags getting water from the stream, and grazing in the field on the other side of the hill

Leena, if you want to watch we will put you up on the top of the hill,? You should be safe there, yet have a good view

That's fine.

She smiled

This should be interesting to observe

All aspects of their senses were incredibly acute

Within minutes they spotted a smaller male buck near the far end of the clearing

Watch close, this will not take long, we are both incredibly hungry

She stood there watching them as they took off after the buck completely fascinated.

Keiko had transformed, and as a panther he was a fierce predator, FIERCE

And it was he who initially froze the buck, but that was a fatal mistake

Ambrose was on the buck in a heartbeat stunning him into an almost hypnotic state, and began to feast

Keiko did feel pity for these animals despite his ferocious needs

But they were not careless, they would allow Ambrose to feed on the animal in his most vibrant state, if he had anything left, Keiko would kill him with a single swipe

Ideally, near death, Keiko would take him back to his workshop, bleed him out into bags that would be frozen as reserves for Ambrose, and then he would finish the animal and butcher him into venison steaks and roasts that they could all enjoy...as a man he would cook them...as a panther, he could also eat it raw

They respected life more than most, and if they killed they tried to leave no element of their kill to waste

For now, from a distance, she was watching Ambrose conduct the first phase as he feasted on the jugular of the stunned buck who was feeling his life flow out of him

She just stood there watching them finding it facinating yet brutal and raw.

Ambrose was finally sated, wiping his mouth, the poor buck near death

To bleed the rest and keep the meat fresh, the next step was critical

Keiko but the buck up on his strong shoulder and they quickly ascended to where Leena had watched them

Keiko saw her looking at the buck

Don’t worry, he is not in pain, but I need to go bleed him and butcher him. Most we will freeze, but I will prepare some steaks for us to grill

Why don’t you and Ambrose look around here for a bit, there are some delicious wild mushrooms that would taste terrific with the venison and Cabernet, he can help you identify the safe and most delicious ones

Okay. Let's go.

She was in awe of their team work and the pure survival nature of it all.

Keiko took off with the buck across his back, he would work quickly

Ambrose turned to her

So, what did you think? Any questions before we find the mushrooms for your supper?

So fascinating and primal. Now let's go.

She leaned in close as they walked

They picked some mushrooms and vegetables for hers and Keiko’s dinner

He also picked her a bouquet of wild flowers

Do you want to enjoy a stroll back, it will take Keiko a bit, or do you want to take the vampire express?

Let's just walk.

She smiled holding the flowers

It was a lovely night

And they strolled casually, an ironic contrast to the orchestrated violence of the hunt

There were many sounds in the night, they simply walked and took it all in

She enjoyed the night. Felt more alive at night.

It is so peaceful here

She was a bit more like him, a creature of the night

Keiko was a bit more traditional, but he didn’t sleep for long periods, instead napping on and off, curling up in his panther state

However, they were far from the only creatures of the night in the magical village

They had many eyes watching as they took their leisurely stroll, not all of them friendly

She stiffened a little and turned slightly.

I know that voice. You question me in my sleep. Show yourself

There is a moving in the mist and a voice is heard

I do not need to respond to your command

You are the stranger who does not belong

Alexei snorts.

No old one but you do have to obey mine. Show yourself. You sided against the safety of children last time but I am not Gregor I will not allow any hostility against her nor anyone in this village unless they choose to act on petty old ideals as I have been told that you may seek to. The vampire elder calls her of his blood the were call her protected.

Before Aleksi could say any more the howl of the wolves around the woodlands of the village howl. Not a warning about inside the town but something in the woods. All shifters present circle her proactively also circling Ambrose snarling ignoring villagers as they move making them walk towards her home.

Keiko heard the howls and instinctively the hair rose on his back

Although he was a were, the wolves had many evil of their kind

He rushed out to find Leena and Ambrose, and as he saw them being guided toward her home he ran to join them, fortunately she was with the good ones, and he felt s sense of relief

She waved to Kieko as wolves and other weres were intent on the two of them going to her house. She was not afraid she knew he would join them when he was done

He nodded and backed off, they were safe and he had meat that needed cutting and processing

It was interesting how they moved Leena and Ambrose toward her house, eyes scanning the perimeter looking for threats

He knew there was some sort of backstory, he liked Leena very much, but she did seem to entice some interesting company

The shifters nodded to them and slowly vanished.

Well that was interesting. Wonder what the roars from the woods were about? They didn't seem hostile towards the town. Could they have seen something out there?

She had no clue who anyone really was except for Aleksi and her two lovers and her vampire friend and his late wife.

Back