User TarBeach spamming my story thread

For people who have never posted in the SRP forums the way it works is when a role play thread is started it can be open to anyone(not usually the case) or only for those participating.

Example

"My little sister takes charge" Closed for User X and User Z

So of course anyone is capable of posting in it, but its considered rude to do so. An 'ethics' question in a way.

Yes, the OP can put the user on ignore, but others will see their posts and again, its considered bad behavior over there. But there is no 'real' rule and not sure if the mod will get involved.

If you really want an RP that allows only certain people best bet is to set up your own forum through pro boards, its free and fairly easy. Or do them through PM like I used to do

Oh. That's interesting. I've never looked at the RP threads before but I get where the OP is coming from now. RP doesn't get discussed here much so I get the confusion there and I understand why the OP is bugged. Context is everything and for the AH, that was a bit out of context.

Having participated in a couple of SRPs I understand the annoyance, there really isn't much that can be done by the op.

Having read the thread I am not sure it's in the right place, not does it say closed on the title. Maybe I've missed to idea behind this thread, perhaps it should be in the lounge or something.

Stacey x

The OP is posting captioned pictures, like they do over in tumblr, that's why I suggested they try over there. She does add some test in the post that could read like a conversation of sorts, but is inconstant.

Having participated in a couple of SRPs I understand the annoyance, there really isn't much that can be done by the op.

Having read the thread I am not sure it's in the right place, not does it say closed on the title. Maybe I've missed to idea behind this thread, perhaps it should be in the lounge or something.

Stacey x

Yea, you missed a lot.

For people who have never posted in the SRP forums the way it works is when a role play thread is started it can be open to anyone(not usually the case) or only for those participating.

Example

"My little sister takes charge" Closed for User X and User Z

So of course anyone is capable of posting in it, but its considered rude to do so. An 'ethics' question in a way.

Yes, the OP can put the user on ignore, but others will see their posts and again, its considered bad behavior over there. But there is no 'real' rule and not sure if the mod will get involved.

If you really want an RP that allows only certain people best bet is to set up your own forum through pro boards, its free and fairly easy. Or do them through PM like I used to do

This seems like an appropriate thing for a moderator to enforce. If the OP of an RP thread wants to exclude an interloper, he/she should be able to do so with the help of a moderator who can exclude someone.

BTW, what happened to those two mother-son incest story threads that were on the GB this morning? They seem to have vanished. Is there some kind of rule against such things on the GB?

Back