Avoid Being Timed Out

rainmaker55

Virgin
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Posts
5
Every time I try to relate a story, etc. I get timed out and lose everything I have typed. What do I do to ensure it doesn't happen.
 
Every time I try to relate a story, etc. I get timed out and lose everything I have typed. What do I do to ensure it doesn't happen.

Are you using a mobile app or device? On a computer, I've written some very long forum responses and have never lost anything due to being timed out. Sometimes when I hit "Submit..." or "Preview..." I find I've been timed out but when I log back in the response is still there.

Still, for very long responses I sometimes compose in a word processor and past it into my reply.
 
Every time I try to relate a story, etc. I get timed out and lose everything I have typed. What do I do to ensure it doesn't happen.
1: Make sure you have cookies enabled for "forum.literotica.com" and "literotica.com."

2: Check the "Remember Me" box when you log in.

That won't stop you from timing out, but it will log you back in so that the only indication you timed out is that your last-read pointer gets reset.

Cookies are required to track your last-read pointer and log-in information.

Make sure you explicitly log-out when you are done with Lit if anyone other than you has access to your computer. If you don't explicitly log-out you will forget your password -- or be like me and log-in about every three or four months when the cookies expire.
 
To avoid being timed out -

1. login using your ID on the story side...

click Stories & Pics on the main menu page.
then click login.
enter your id and password, they are the same as the one you use to login to the BB.
click on the bulletin board link - first one under site contents.

As long as you remain logged in you will never time out.
 
I'd definitely go the route of typing in Notepad and copy/pasting it over. Online forms have betrayed me in the past, and it doesn't take much longer to do.
 
Back
Top