What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eventually it adds up to real money...



:)

That's not what you said about Republican spending though. All you're saying is that government spending is a problem when Democrats do it.

*yawn*

Now you're going to point to Bush spending levels versus Obama ones. And you'll neglect to mention that the baby boomer generation retired, healthcare costs are now more expensive per unit, there's a recession and more folks out of work and receiving benefits. Then you'll forget the cost of Medicare Part-D.

Then you'll forget to include the cost of two wars that the Republican administration didn't think we should pay for. Then if pressed you'll accidentally-on-purpose mistake the cost of wars for simply the war appropriations bills, while *oops* forgetting to include interest on the whole thing.

That's just how you roll.
 
I did not predict that.

I did not predict that.

I did not predict that.

I did not predict that.

I predicted a Lost Decade and the economic pattern of the Great Depression where there were occasional bright spots the Democrats could point to to prove FDR right.

How many times have we hit 12K? 11K?

How many times do you have to lash out about how stupid we are before you realize we're in deep shit and Obama's great economic plans and the analyses of all those he rescued got us deeper into the mire? How did all your sources handle the upcoming Grecian Formula?


Go back into the post history of your alts and you'll see where you predicted failure at every junction. You were running around gloating about the stock market being at 9k and 10k.

You made a series of ill-fated attempts at mockery about how the Dow crossed 10k TWICE in one day. That was funny to you. Remember that?

Now here you are cowardly moving the goal posts to the 11k and even 12k marker. It's impossible to take anything you say seriously when you refuse to stand by your positions. Everything you predict is just so wishy-washy.
 
Stock Market must be doing somewhere between good and great today. How do I know you ask? If it was very modest gains (say between 1 and 50 points) Koala would have like twelve posts about how the market is scared that Greece will be invaded by Bowser and the Koopa kids or a how fall out from the Japanese earthquake bothers investors. If it was bad he'd post every major down tick. Since he's silent the gains are probably somewhere over fifty.
 
Has anybody else noticed that we get second by second updates when shit is going down but we're lucky to get a daily one if things are good? Shit if Koala's postings reflected the market and not what he wants to show us the market would be at like 500.

You are slow, but you eventually catch on, STUPID.

Stock Market must be doing somewhere between good and great today. How do I know you ask? If it was very modest gains (say between 1 and 50 points) Koala would have like twelve posts about how the market is scared that Greece will be invaded by Bowser and the Koopa kids or a how fall out from the Japanese earthquake bothers investors. If it was bad he'd post every major down tick. Since he's silent the gains are probably somewhere over fifty.


Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber. :cool:
 
Go back into the post history of your alts and you'll see where you predicted failure at every junction. You were running around gloating about the stock market being at 9k and 10k.

You made a series of ill-fated attempts at mockery about how the Dow crossed 10k TWICE in one day. That was funny to you. Remember that?

Now here you are cowardly moving the goal posts to the 11k and even 12k marker. It's impossible to take anything you say seriously when you refuse to stand by your positions. Everything you predict is just so wishy-washy.

No, I posted the predictions of others to keep the thread alive.

Yeah, that was FUN! It's going to be fun in the future too...

No, I'm not moving the goalposts at all. I'm having more fun than a human being should be allowed to have, and the more fun I have, the nastier you get, the meaner you get, and the more unhinged you appear to be, to the point that I wonder about warning your fellows to keep you away from a gun, but, what the hey, they ignored the Fort Hood shooter too...

I bitched about Bush for six years, and through all that time the Republicans on this board never trashed me the way the Democrats do now that "their guy" is "in charge."

They were angry when Bush was President, but they seem even more angry now that Obama is President.

Maybe it's just disappointment.

Maybe, it's who they really are and have been all along.
A_J, the Wiser

:) Have a Nice Day!
 
Market up 237 on Europe bailout news.

Not just that but the Dept of Commerce announced that the economy grew 2.5% last quarter, double the rate of the previous quarter.

The Dow is up 377 right now, or 3.17%. Every single stock in my portfolio beat that though. In fact my worst-performing stock today is Red Hat (RHT), up 5.93%. The rest of my picks are all over 8%-9% today. Our net worth increased over $70,000 today. I'm selling a little right before the buzzer and reinvest in tech and oil services stocks that are still undervalued, depending on how the Asian markets do today.

I'll probably move to a more safe position for a couple days to make sure the surge was justified.

Anyone seen the Koala today?
 
Last edited:
No, I posted the predictions of others to keep the thread alive.

Yeah, that was FUN! It's going to be fun in the future too...

No, I'm not moving the goalposts at all. I'm having more fun than a human being should be allowed to have, and the more fun I have, the nastier you get, the meaner you get, and the more unhinged you appear to be, to the point that I wonder about warning your fellows to keep you away from a gun, but, what the hey, they ignored the Fort Hood shooter too...


So, you even move the goal posts... when it comes to moving the goal posts? :confused:

First you deny moving the goal posts. Then when I show that you did, you say "weeeeelllllll, I guess I did make a barrel of failed predictions. But I was just having fun". Your story is now that you were actually making all those bad predictions on purpose?

You're a trip. :cool:
 
Last edited:
They are probably the next dominoes to fall. I guess you don't see that 50% haircut on Greek debt a big thing eh? I suspect those write downs will depress European economies for some time into the future. That's not to say it isn't better than doing nothing, but somebody is going to have to make good on that bailout and the Brits are already saying they aren't contributing any money to the effort.

What do you mean next? When will the first domino fall? The markets had priced in a probably default and now there will not be one. Meanwhile the global economy is growing.
 
Well, I guess you can say none have fallen yet, but Greece has come mighty close, and it remains to be seen if the bailout works. You are going to see ten years or more of sluggish growth in Europe. I suspect the next coming months will see Greece fully fall, Italy, Spain, and Portugal soon after. The Euro is on the way out. Save my post and let's revisit in a few months.


Yeah okay I'll file this away right next to your post where you called the stock market recovery a mere dead cat bounce. When it the Dow was at like 8000. :rolleyes:

Greece has virtually no chance of failing now, at least not in the short or intermediate term. Europe is invested too deeply at this point, no way would they do all this just to watch then fall anyway. Especially not in the next few months like you're predicting.
 
Big, Bold, Large Fonted Headlines From An Opinion Designed To Scare You Even Though Shit Hasn't Actually Happened Yet

More body copy text here, negative and bombastic, possibly a quick soundbite-saturated summary to enforce the above headline and cement it inside your brain as a meme or a selectively out-of-context cut and paste from first paragraph of something longer that hadn't bothered being read in order to double-check it against further contradictory statements.

anonlinktoaopinionbloghere(butnotguaranteed)@maybetruemaybefalsewhofuckingknowsforsure.com
 
You're quite free to ignore any idea you do not like. I put these in here to illustrate that not all have rosy outlooks on this bailout. If an idea opposed to yours bothers you so much, put me on ignore...problem gone. You've been blind to reality for some time now anyway.


The point is that even though investors took a hit, they took far less of a hit than if there was a default. But instead of seeing what the market did, you keep repeating how there was a much smaller hit than expected as if it were a bad thing.
 
Bottom line is still that the dems are presiding over a horrible economy...you're arguments are about whether a pimple on an elephant is signifying growth...it's not...and it won't as long as this administration is in power because they're anti-business and pro-community organizer. The money is going to stay on the sidelines as long as they're in power.
 
Bottom line is still that the dems are presiding over a horrible economy...you're arguments are about whether a pimple on an elephant is signifying growth...it's not...and it won't as long as this administration is in power because they're anti-business and pro-community organizer. The money is going to stay on the sidelines as long as they're in power.
Yet none of that is true..

U.S. GDP, the sum of all goods and services produced, was $13.35 trillion (2.5%) in Q3, finally surpassing its pre-recession peak at the end of 2007.

Consumer spending, which accounts for 70% of economic activity, rose at a 2.4% rate in Q3.

Business investment rose at a robust 16.3% clip, the fastest in more than a year, on higher outlays for equipment and software.

Final sales — GDP excluding inventories — ran at a 3.6% pace.

Government spending was flat.


Source: Investor's Business Daily


Bottom line actually is: The Democrats are presiding over a recovery from an absolutely horrible economic mess caused by conservative economic policies run amok.

We'll give you 24 hours to get the spin from your conservative overlords on the GDP growth this past quarter.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top