What Are You Listening To Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no 'first RNR song,' the form evolved gradually. If you have to choose a 'first RNR song,' Rocket 88 is a very good choice. The song was actually done by Ike Turner and his Kings of Rhythm. However, for some unknown readon, the producer wanted Ike to do another number and Jackie Brenston, a sax player in the Kings of Rhythm sang the song and the band was the ficticious 'Delta Cats.'

Rocket 88 - Jackie Brenston - 1951 #1RB

I'm not sure quite why, but Fleetwood Mac is one of those bands I find I have no tolerance for anymore. But I used to like them.

I had a roommate that said Stevie Nicks sounded like a frog. She refused to listen to FM.

For the record, I enjoy the Smashing Pumpkins version better than the rest.

I had a roommate that said Stevie Nicks sounded like a frog. She refused to listen to FM.

I remember all sorts of comparisons to a goat when she did "Stand Baaaaaack." Even though I was and am a Mac fan but much more for Buckingham and Christine McVie

*snort* Smashing Pumpkins is a group I never liked. Too angsty and I didn't like the guy's voice.

I remember all sorts of comparisons to a goat when she did "Stand Baaaaaack." Even though I was and am a Mac fan but much more for Buckingham and Christine McVie

Yeah, I think prefer them. Part of the problem is that one day, I was going through the radio stations in the car, and three or four of them, all at the same time, were playing Fleetwood Mac. Not the same song, although I think there were only two songs. I thought, God, people, can we hear something new! So it's more that I'm tired of the same FM songs.

The Temptation of Adam

Josh Ritter

(listening to The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter)

Pandora is currently trailing through Moby, Paul Oakenfold and Crystal Method.
Got to get going this morning!

Turn It On Again

Genesis

I'm in a music tapping mood - going to play kickin' music tonight! :D

Fanfare for the Common Man

Emerson, Lake and Palmer

hey there Serene. Good song you played!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back