Blurt Thread III - Emporium of Unexpected Exclamations & Revelations

Crying.

No crying.

It's an emotional roller coaster in here. :(

Did you ever notice how fantastic, fucky sex sometimes sounds like running in flip-flops?

Crying.

No crying.

It's an emotional roller coaster in here. :(

Well yeah, because it's all so sad, and yet hilariously funny.

PS Will cry for diamonds. Will do quite a wide variety of sketchy things for diamonds--except get married. One has to draw the line somewhere. :D

You could have a sliding scale of sin, like the French popes at Avignon - Blowjob, 1 carat, wham bam thank you ma'am 2 carats, all night 5 carats, the full works 10 carats.

I like Graff for my diamond needs. I wonder what one would get for this?

Sweet butter Moses that is breathtaking.

I would have to say adequate reciprocity would take planning, privacy, all my varied skills, and at least a fortnight to complete.

I just finished baking a cheesecake, and a 3 layer bittersweet chocolate cake for girl's night with a few childhood friends tomorrow, and those bitches don't even put out.

Still trying to decide between a Chantilly cream frosting with ganache filling, or a sour cream chocolate buttercream frosting for the chocolate cake.

I love jewelry but I do not really like diamonds. They're great for industrial uses but are a bit boring. Plus, thanks to De Beers, over rated and over priced.

I'd rather have a nice emerald.

I’ve always found emeralds to appear more like trashy costume jewellery.

Sapphire and Spinel can be quite beautiful but nothing beats a diamond for me.

An inclusion free 1 karat diamond of good color is a dime a dozen. To find the same in an emerald... more rare than hen's teeth so to speak. Same for rubies. Red spinel is a more affordable alternative to rubies. There are some options for emeralds - like peridot but the richness of color is not quite the same. Chatham makes a very nice lab grown stone, and while not cheap, it is the most viable alternative for your money to get the true color and clarity.

I'm also quite fond of Mozambique garnets. The deep red I find to be very pretty. I like all the colored stones really. I think they show up better on my pale skin. I'm becoming increasingly fond of the various sapphires but they are not cheap. But then jewels usually aren't. :D

Oh good, more for me then. 😁I've never been a fan of the colored stones. For me nothing beats the sparkle you get from a well cut diamond.

I had a small green garnet ring set with seed pearls that I loved but it went missing about a decade ago. Alas.

I like pearls quite a bit too.

Oh good, more for me then. 😁I've never been a fan of the colored stones. For me nothing beats the sparkle you get from a well cut diamond.

I had a small green garnet ring set with seed pearls that I loved but it went missing about a decade ago. Alas.

I like pearls quite a bit too.

I'll trade you the diamonds for the colored stones. :D

It's really a factor of my pale skin. Same reason I don't do white gold. It dies on me, so to speak. No point in wearing something that doesn't show up. Well and De Beers. They really pulled a number on the jewelry industry with diamonds.

I do like my pearls so we'll just have to fend for ourselves for those. ;)

I'll trade you the diamonds for the colored stones. :D

It's really a factor of my pale skin. Same reason I don't do white gold. It dies on me, so to speak. No point in wearing something that doesn't show up. Well and De Beers. They really pulled a number on the jewelry industry with diamonds.

I do like my pearls so we'll just have to fend for ourselves for those. ;)

I enjoy diamonds, but prefer the coloured stones, too. I'm also quite fair-skinned, but it's possible my preference was equally influenced by some of them being much more affordable. :)

Though I do prefer sterling, white gold, and platinum in metals. Yellow gold does not look good against the tone of my skin. Even the good stuff looks cheap on me.

I enjoy diamonds, but prefer the coloured stones, too. I'm also quite fair-skinned, but it's possible my preference was equally influenced by some of them being much more affordable. :)

Though I do prefer sterling, white gold, and platinum in metals. Yellow gold does not look good against the tone of my skin. Even the good stuff looks cheap on me.

Diamonds are useful for accents in jewelry, but they just don't have the personality, the warmth of the colored stones. I find diamonds to be cold in comparison.

I'm not a fan of sterling because of the tarnish. It's fine for flatware but that's about where it ends for me. My sister has the same problem as you with yellow gold. And to be fair, white gold does look much better against her skin than the yellow. But then she can tan whereas I cannot.

Diamonds are useful for accents in jewelry, but they just don't have the personality, the warmth of the colored stones. I find diamonds to be cold in comparison.

I'm not a fan of sterling because of the tarnish. It's fine for flatware but that's about where it ends for me. My sister has the same problem as you with yellow gold. And to be fair, white gold does look much better against her skin than the yellow. But then she can tan whereas I cannot.

Huh, I'm basically translucent and I can, and do wear either. I tend to coordinate jewerly by clothing color. I like yellow and rose gold with warm tones, and silver, platinum, and white gold with cooler tones.

And you kinda nailed it--I like diamonds because they look icy, so different strokes I suppose.

Back