The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposed to be beautiful today. Are we ready for five hours on the road to go see the kids' new place? Even under clear skies? Coffee may help decide.
 
It's brilliantly sunny outside but the temp is still a bit low. The poodle and I will go out for a walk later . . . and transplant . . . and pull weeds. This morning I think I will make bread.
 
Afternooner all,

Thanks Ogg for the Little Ice Age information. It might be the answer to a plot problem.

Weather was nice here this morning even though I didn't get to enjoy it. Spent most of the morning on the phone with my editor. This section of the book was nearly the mess as the last so... But that doesn't mean my editor won't and didn't bust my chops. I think one small rewrite and some corrections of grammar and such will fix things up nicely.

Ya'll have fun, I have homework to do. :eek:
 
Ya'll have fun, I have homework to do. :eek:

I have this image of Tex sitting at a school desk with a HUGE teacher-type, armed with a long flat ruler ready to strike at his mistakes.

The Tea's good this evening, though
 
Snow this morning, sun in the pm.

Continuing my streak of submitting a story to a new venue every single day. I'm going for racking up 264 + submissions this year. A lot of them are the same story to new venues after they get rejected, but that's the business. Eventually maybe they'll each find a home.
 
I managed to write a little bit each of the last few days. I'm moving ahead little by little on one of the more daunting passages I've tried writing. Not tonight.

I'm in cattle country, and I stopped for dinner at a local bar and grill. An hour later, with a huge plate of pot roast and mashed potatoes with brown gravy and two bottles of a 7.5% ABV beer (it was happy hour) under my belt, I don't think I'm going to add to the passage.

Maybe I'll just open the curtains on my hotel room and watch the fog close over the great American grassland.
 
I got a comment asking about the Orcs in Tales From the Guilds. So I started another chapter. However, life intervened and I rather suspect that it will take at least a week to come up with a story. Possibly longer. On the other hand, another chapter of Treats for a Trick is submitted. At the current rate it won't post until a week from Monday. In the mean time, I'll garden.
 
I have this image of Tex sitting at a school desk with a HUGE teacher-type, armed with a long flat ruler ready to strike at his mistakes.

The Tea's good this evening, though

I like the visual HP, but my editor is 5 foot 3 and quite petite. Even so, she does swing a mean ruler and spreads red ink like you wouldn't believe.

In any case, the rewrite is done and most of the other errors corrected, although there are a couple i want to have more discussion on. I probably won't win but I'll give it a try.

Fresh coffee for the midnight and morning crew.

I may sleep in but i have and idea I may get mugged in my sleep because it is supposed to rain all day tomorrow. Not that I'm complaining in the least. :)
 
5 ft 3 ?
I had a 'teacher' like that once. I've never been keen on pain since.

The sun is bright. Time for breakfast and then Coffee !

PS. Bear, what's an E-6 ?
 
Thank, Ogg. How confusing.
Moving on, I think it is coffee time. . .

It's even more confusing when you include ALL NATO countries, and worse still for all UN countries.

Many countries have more Admirals than ships (including the UK!).

Back in the 1960s I used to know all the equivalent Naval ranks by heart as I was dealing with people from most NATO navies.
 
Last edited:
Good afternoon,

Yeah, attacked at daylight, fed several hot breakfasts, some of which was food. Spend several hours on the porch and came in to make lunch. A beautiful day so far and the weather is better than expected. :)

Fresh coffee for the masses, uh, afternooner crowd.
 
The clouds are re-forming. This may not be a good thing.
Time for a cup of Tea, I think
 
Clouding up here. Light sprinkles but most of the heavy stuff has missed me to the northwest.

Fresh coffee for the evening crew and a kettle for HP among others.
 
I woke up in wet snow this morning and it's pleasant, calm and sunny now. Of course, my locations this morning and this afternoon are a few hundred miles apart.
 
I woke up in wet snow this morning and it's pleasant, calm and sunny now. Of course, my locations this morning and this afternoon are a few hundred miles apart.

A few hundred miles can make a world of difference in many things. Even the weather. A hundred miles would put me at the beach in one direction. Ten miles would put me in the piney woods of two different national forests. A couple of hundred miles west would put me in the hill country.

Sometimes the drive is better than the destination.
 
It snowed last week. Now it's warm enough that we lost 18" of snow on the garage roof in just days. Amazing. Happy dance, happy dance! Filing sweet pea seeds for planting, making a venison soup - all with official happy face due to warm and sunny!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top