The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

You MONKEY SUCKING, SLUG FUCKING BASTARD!!! I hate you with a passion I never knew I had in me. Leave my family alone already! You've taken the best of us and now you have the nerve to try and come back for more...no FUCKING WAY!!!

:(

:rose:

Hey cancer.

It's springtime and the crocuses (croci?) and beautiful, little fuckyoucancers are poking up through the fecund earth.

Have a friend who got her "FIVE YEAR CLEAR" checkup!!!! :D
So FUC and kiss my ass as well.

Holy Jesus.

I hope you can get in. I really, really, really do. *Fingers crossed*
Thank you. I'm thinking it would be nice...

I'm thinking we need to send Stanford a giant FYC banner! :D

Oh my God! I can't believe that this might be a possibility!
I wonder where they'd hang it... in the treatment rooms? :D

How did this thread end up all the way down here??

Say it loud, say it proud

FUCK YOU CANCER

If you were a person, I'd put you in stocks and get everyone in the world to punch you.

Then very slowly spit roast you till you're almost dead and feed you to zombies created in a lab just for you.

Sir Winston - How's it all doing?? You'd better be kicking some serious cancer ass. :rose:
Workin' on it. See update below.

Fingers firmly crossed that you are the most perfect test subject in the history of test subjects, that you are accepted on the trial and you get the full dose of this! It sounds amazing!
Thank you.

Ditto!

:rose: to SirW

PS FYC
:eek:

Have a friend who got her "FIVE YEAR CLEAR" checkup!!!! :D
So FUC and kiss my ass as well.

Fantastic!

Fuck you cancer, that's one who kicked your putrid arse!
Congrats to her, daus!

On my end, we finally struggled through the freakin' near-blizzard and record (for time of year) snowfall amounts to get to Tuesday's CT, MRI and mapping session yesterday. Essentially, the whole state was shut down from Monday evening until Wednesday mid-day, but they managed to squeeze my appointments in for yesterday. Radiation and chemo start next Thursday (4/18), M-F for six weeks, plus additional chemo for a little while after the rads are done.

We were gone for about 30 hours, with friends coming over to feed/scoop for the cats (we took the Corgi with us, of course :rolleyes:), but the male foster (the only foster left) has been *so* hyper and cling-y since we got back. He's either racing through the house chasing shadows (not even the other cats, just wildly coursing through the house like a banshee), or trying to get some attention - stretching up alongside my desk to get his head/neck scratched, or jumping up on the desk to get between me and the keyboard... he's *such* an attention whore. I really really really want to find him a good forever home... he's so loving and cute.

Good Luck with everything SW. :rose:

An important paternal figure in my life has been going through tests to confirm early stage Alzheimer's (which is particulary painful to watch because he is far more of an intellectual being than an emotional one) and in the process of ruling stuff out found a lump in his prostate. WTF?!

I can barely keep a count let alone react I am so overwhelmed with all of the fear, worries, and biopsies in orbit right now... Enough is enough!

FUCK THE FUCK OFF FROM ALL THE PEOPLE I CARE ABOUT YOU FUCKITY FUCK!

A side benefit to breast cancer treatment-- Sudden menopause!

My Lady friend has become a bundle of inappropriate reactivity. It's very hurtful for me, even though I know where it's coming from. I don't want to desert her, but I have my own issues that might render me unable to deal with her petty angers. She apologises and then says something else-- or the same thing again. It's like the worst side of a person, and very little of the best side.

And they tell her she cannot have estrogen support because the estrogen encourages cancer.

FUCK YOU CANCER

My Lady friend has become a bundle of inappropriate reactivity. It's very hurtful for me, even though I know where it's coming from. I don't want to desert her, but I have my own issues that might render me unable to deal with her petty angers. She apologises and then says something else-- or the same thing again. It's like the worst side of a person, and very little of the best side.

And they tell her she cannot have estrogen support because the estrogen encourages cancer.

FUCK YOU CANCER

A caregiver or SO of someone with cancer is expected to be totally there for the person with cancer, totally understanding-- and it's as if cancer imparts immediate sainthood on all involved. It's an unrealtistic burden that makes for unnecessary suffering for many, IMO.

An important paternal figure in my life has been going through tests to confirm early stage Alzheimer's (which is particulary painful to watch because he is far more of an intellectual being than an emotional one) and in the process of ruling stuff out found a lump in his prostate. WTF?!

I can barely keep a count let alone react I am so overwhelmed with all of the fear, worries, and biopsies in orbit right now... Enough is enough!

PS FYC you rat bastard

FUCK YOU CANCER
I know only too well what you are talking about. :rose:

Thank you, and I second your ending sentiments. I hope things work out well for your friend. :rose:

On my end, we finally struggled through the freakin' near-blizzard and record (for time of year) snowfall amounts to get to Tuesday's CT, MRI and mapping session yesterday. Essentially, the whole state was shut down from Monday evening until Wednesday mid-day, but they managed to squeeze my appointments in for yesterday. Radiation and chemo start next Thursday (4/18), M-F for six weeks, plus additional chemo for a little while after the rads are done.

We were gone for about 30 hours, with friends coming over to feed/scoop for the cats (we took the Corgi with us, of course :rolleyes:), but the male foster (the only foster left) has been *so* hyper and cling-y since we got back. He's either racing through the house chasing shadows (not even the other cats, just wildly coursing through the house like a banshee), or trying to get some attention - stretching up alongside my desk to get his head/neck scratched, or jumping up on the desk to get between me and the keyboard... he's *such* an attention whore. I really really really want to find him a good forever home... he's so loving and cute.

Thursday, huh? Go get 'em. We will all be there with you in spirit, SW.

I love that your animals are a focus for you while you take care of yourself and tell tell cancer to FUCK OFF.

It's fucking crazy. So many people I am close to are fighting cancer. Is there a cancer explosion? Did cancer invade my neighborhood, with tanks and black helicopters?? :rose:

FYC.

FUCK YOU CANCER

Well, fuck. I am sorry, Stella.

Hey, cancer: fuck you. Pull off your own GODDAMN skull and FUCK YOUR OWN EYESOCKETS with your twitching, dying body.

And I mean that in the most affectionate way possible.

For SW, this week, even though he hates green.

attachment.php

For SW, this week, even though he hates green.

attachment.php
Thank you. Positive beaming works, even green. :D

Can GL maybe aim that ring at the freakin' weather here? We just got a damn "Winter Storm Watch" warning, including

"Heavy Snow Possible Across The Area Tuesday Night Through Wednesday Night... Bringing Potentially Significant Amounts Of Snow To The Region Tuesday Night Through Wednesday Night."​
Our plans *were* to drive up Wednesday morning for the Thursday start of rads and chemo. <Sigh> Now I guess it's up to the weather gods/desses.

Can GL maybe aim that ring at the freakin' weather here? We just got a damn "Winter Storm Watch" warning, including

"Heavy Snow Possible Across The Area Tuesday Night Through Wednesday Night... Bringing Potentially Significant Amounts Of Snow To The Region Tuesday Night Through Wednesday Night."​
Our plans *were* to drive up Wednesday morning for the Thursday start of rads and chemo. <Sigh> Now I guess it's up to the weather gods/desses.

I will be in touch and get back to you.

He has commitments.

I am no GL of course, but I am beaming tonight, so I will do my best to bottle and ship some warm Cali sun and my best wishes your way!

I am no GL of course, but I am beaming tonight, so I will do my best to bottle and ship some warm Cali sun and my best wishes your way!

*Jim* Beaming? If so, please please please give Maker's Mark a try so you'll know what *good* bourbon tastes like.

If you're interested, here are a couple of reviews: from about.com/cocktails, and bourbon.central's recommendation and rating.

And oh, yeah... thank you for the Cali sun and good wishes! :rose:

*Jim* Beaming? If so, please please please give Maker's Mark a try so you'll know what *good* bourbon tastes like.

If you're interested, here are a couple of reviews: from about.com/cocktails, and bourbon.central's recommendation and rating.

And oh, yeah... thank you for the Cali sun and good wishes! :rose:

Ahem, SW, my friend, there is a thread dedicated to honoring our individual tastes in drink and C_in_C has frequently registered her pleasure there. Check it out.

Back