Roll Call - Nerds & Geeks

I hope you know I was just teasing. The man I'm fucking casually is rapidly approaching 50 and I often make those kind of jokes to him so it is just natural for me now and my mouth gets away from me sometimes. He usually clears that up for me pretty quickly but he's not exactly around to curb my bratty mouth right now.

My apologies. You've been a good sport.

I hope you know I was just teasing. The man I'm fucking casually is rapidly approaching 50 and I often make those kind of jokes to him so it is just natural for me now and my mouth gets away from me sometimes. He usually clears that up for me pretty quickly but he's not exactly around to curb my bratty mouth right now.

My apologies. You've been a good sport.

I am just messing around. No worries.

Nothing you said is out of line.

I am just messing around. No worries.

Nothing you said is out of line.

Good. I felt like we were on the same wavelength there with the joking so I didn't worry too much about offending you but if I ever do you know where to find me. Otherwise, I will continue being the contrary little girl that lives on the edge of her snarky vernacular.

Good. I felt like we were on the same wavelength there with the joking so I didn't worry too much about offending you but if I ever do you know where to find me. Otherwise, I will continue being the contrary little girl that lives on the edge of her snarky vernacular.

I can dish it out and i can take it. No worries. and you know where to find me also. :)

Who here remembers having to use an Atlas when you played Where in the World is Carmen San Diego

I did...

Played Oregon Trail at every opportunity. Programmed BASIC on an Apple IIe. I remember when people said you would never need more than the 1.44 mb on the 3.5 disks...still got about a dozen in a drawer with things I am holding onto...course will have to go to a museum to be able to get them off now...lol

Some guidelines please?

What makes one qualify as a nerd or a geek? And how do I know if I fit into one or both or none? What if I'm a dork? Am I still welcome here?
Also, isn't it all about perspective? I mean, to my Chanel and LV carrying friends I am the biggest nerd just because I play some PC games, but then to my colleagues I am one cool chic because I...wait, I think they still think I'm a nerd.
Darn... I guess I'm a nerd because those around me think I am? Is that how it works?

What makes one qualify as a nerd or a geek? And how do I know if I fit into one or both or none? What if I'm a dork? Am I still welcome here?
Also, isn't it all about perspective? I mean, to my Chanel and LV carrying friends I am the biggest nerd just because I play some PC games, but then to my colleagues I am one cool chic because I...wait, I think they still think I'm a nerd.
Darn... I guess I'm a nerd because those around me think I am? Is that how it works?

Best response. We’re not worthy! We’re not worthy!

It’s not about whether you’re a textbook nerd or geek. It’s about whether you want to be here or not.

If you play Candy Crush during elevator rides and feel like that makes you a nerd or geek, then welcome to my thread. You can stay and post and enjoy yourself for as long as you’d like.

Best response. We’re not worthy! We’re not worthy!

I never said that. When did I ever place restrictions on the thread? Anybody can join in.

Some guy literally came in here and said “I’m interested in intelligent women.” Did I try to kick him out? Of course not!

And not all geeks are the same btw. I have nothing in common with people who play tabletop games or card games. I have nothing in common with computer programmers, engineers, and bookworms.

Soooo.... anybody can post. There’s no restrictions.

It’s not about whether you’re a textbook nerd or geek. It’s about whether you want to be here or not.

If you play Candy Crush during elevator rides and feel like that makes you a nerd or geek, then welcome to my thread. You can stay and post and enjoy yourself for as long as you’d like.

Ahh, that makes life so much easier for me. See, guidelines do help :). So after roll call, what happens? Can I post random things of nerdiness to me? Or since I feel like a nerd today, I can post whatever I want?

Ahh, that makes life so much easier for me. See, guidelines do help :). So after roll call, what happens? Can I post random things of nerdiness to me? Or since I feel like a nerd today, I can post whatever I want?

You can do whatever you want. lol

It’s your world. The thread would not succeed without you. :)

This is something a DORK would say

;-)

I say that you are happily welcome to hang out with the freaks & geeks assembled here.

If we all start asking for "papers" and one upmanship, we will be left with acrimony and pedantry.

'Nerd Cred' should be given freely to anyone who wants it in my opinion.

I never said that. When did I ever place restrictions on the thread? Anybody can join in.

Some guy literally came in here and said “I’m interested in intelligent women.” Did I try to kick him out? Of course not!

And not all geeks are the same btw. I have nothing in common with people who play tabletop games or card games. I have nothing in common with computer programmers, engineers, and bookworms.

Soooo.... anybody can post. There’s no restrictions.

Did my post attempt to post a restriction? No.

‘We’re not worthy’ ... pop culture reference.

Did my post attempt to post a restriction? No.

‘We’re not worthy’ ... pop culture reference.

Maybe because you were pantomiming being on your knees the joke went over his head.

!-)

Had friends work that bit in to a performance of "The Tempest"

Party on, Garth!

You can do whatever you want. lol

It’s your world. The thread would not succeed without you. :)
Sweet. Okay. So random nerdy act of the day - posted in forum on nerd/geek thread. I think my nerd cred is beginning to build, high five to self.

This is something a DORK would say

;-)

I say that you are happily welcome to hang out with the freaks & geeks assembled here.

If we all start asking for "papers" and one upmanship, we will be left with acrimony and pedantry.

'Nerd Cred' should be given freely to anyone who wants it in my opinion.
Really? Dammit! I've been told once, by a self-confessed geek (but I have no way to verify said geekiness so for all intent and purposes he could be a dork or a nerd or none of those) that to be a geek/nerd you'd have to be smart, but not so for dorks. I have a feeling dorks might disagree.

Anyhow, thanks for the warm welcome? I hope I interpreted it correctly.

Btw, is that you in the profile? I was slightly distracted.

Really? Dammit! I've been told once, by a self-confessed geek (but I have no way to verify said geekiness so for all intent and purposes he could be a dork or a nerd or none of those) that to be a geek/nerd you'd have to be smart, but not so for dorks. I have a feeling dorks might disagree.

Anyhow, thanks for the warm welcome? I hope I interpreted it correctly.

Btw, is that you in the profile? I was slightly distracted.

NV-

You are indeed welcome to the forum!

There are as many definitions for nerd, geek, and dark these days as there are people.

Back in the day when I was away less cool than I am now, we would consider a geek someone who is just really interested in something separate from any intelligence they had. Nerd were someone who had smarts, and passion for the things even geeks found boring, and were socially awkward.

A dork would be any anyone on the spectrum of the previous two thanks, but would think about it way too much.

Hence my comment. ;-)

Yes, that is me in my avatar.

I am a human, I only roleplay an octopus headed dragon who exists out of time and space.

Back