Who have you msised the most from the AH?

I miss a lot of people, some I've friended on Facebook, some whose real life names I never knew. Mostly I miss the virtual talks we used to have. It's a different period in my life but yeah, I miss that.

I have missed you. Stop being a stranger.

Very true. :rose:

I didn't know Colly. That was a touch before I started posting here. I do remember a lot of people who aren't here anymore and I remember the laughs I got from just reading what they wrote.

Politics, ugly anger issues and negative attitudes drove them away. It was a case of giving entirely too much power to those who ruled with it in a negative light.

I always wondered, if you don't like someone, why the hell would you pay attention to him/her? Why would you even rebut their stupidity? Why should we even acknowledge their rudeness?

Well, it happened and a lot of good people are gone because of it. It's quite sad.

I didn't know Colly. That was a touch before I started posting here. I do remember a lot of people who aren't here anymore and I remember the laughs I got from just reading what they wrote.

Politics, ugly anger issues and negative attitudes drove them away. It was a case of giving entirely too much power to those who ruled with it in a negative light.

I always wondered, if you don't like someone, why the hell would you pay attention to him/her? Why would you even rebut their stupidity? Why should we even acknowledge their rudeness?

Well, it happened and a lot of good people are gone because of it. It's quite sad.

The atmosphere changed with the loss of Colly and a couple of more. E publishing and writing to publish took several more. A couple of bad romances and several marriages took others. So it was a list of things but yes, some forgot not to feed the trolls.

I think the trolling of a certain morning thread was the last straw for a lot of the really good people.

Not to mention real life getting in the way.

Of the two dozen people I met at two different Litogethers, only one remains active here. So many good people lost to idiots for a large part.

So, the best i can tell everyone is use your ignore list and don't feed the trolls. It's hard, I find myself doing it more than I'd like to admit.

I think the trolling of a certain morning thread was the last straw for a lot of the really good people.

Just for clarity, I think you mean "mourning thread." And, yep, that was a shocker. For one thing, it was a clear signal that there was nothing so outrageous and nasty that would get it even erased on the AH. There were other happenings in the same vein going on at the same time--major story hitters throwing down the gauntlet that either the harassment end or they were leaving. It didn't end, so they left (e.g., Daniellekitten, Drksideofthemoon, and, eventually Selena Kitt). And the harassing just continues. It's there on the AH today.

Just for clarity, I think you mean "mourning thread." And, yep, that was a shocker. For one thing, it was a clear signal that there was nothing so outrageous and nasty that would get it even erased on the AH. There were other happenings in the same vein going on at the same time--major story hitters throwing down the gauntlet that either the harassment end or they were leaving. It didn't end, so they left (e.g., Daniellekitten, Drksideofthemoon, and, eventually Selena Kitt). And the harassing just continues. It's there on the AH today.

Yes, the "mourning thread" is what i meant and yes the harassment still goes one with the same ones and a bunch of new ones.

Back