Legends of Tomorrow: OOC

LuckyVic

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Posts
17,359
I've decided to rethink my original idea for this to the following instead of what I had originally.


Recently while re-watching some of this year's fantastic new shows (The Flash among others) I started to get these ideas in my head, and here we are with me being back and thinking of trying to give this another try.

What am I going to give a try some of you might be asking?

This game will be an amalgam of the DC Universe. I am taking aspects of different versions of characters and combining them in what I hope will be a new and refreshing way. For instance Superman will be drawing upon elements from Smallville, Man of Steel, Lois and Clark, etc. Story wise it will start a little bit after the movie Man of Steel, but during the summer breaks of both Arrow and The Flash. This sim will be in Metropolis and will be primarily a Superman, and those around him sim however as the CW has shown us this year crossover episodes are more than possible as well as introducing of new characters into this universe.

I would like the characters to be tried and true DC characters, and if there are specific things you want we can haggle over them in PM. If your desire is to create an original hero feel free to give me your ideas and we may be able to work something out. But as long as the characters fit within the outlines of our setting I don't foresee any troubles. If you have interest/questions/etc please feel free to contact me.

The year is 2015.

Open to cannon Characters (Some heroes and future heroes), as well as Original Characters.



Taken Characters

Superman


Looking For at least the following

Lois Lane
Perry White
Jimmy Olsen
Cat Grant
Maggie Sawyer
Dan Turpin
 
Last edited:
Superman

ck001.jpg

Name: Clark Kent
Aliases: Kal-EL
Gender: Male
Species: Kryptonian
Age: 33
Date of Birth: May 5, 1980
Place of Birth: Krypton
Identity: Secret
Current Occupation: Journalist
Former Occupation: Several
Citizenship: USA
Legal Status: No Criminal Record

Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 225 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue

Family
Father: Jor-El (Deceased); Jonathan Kent (Adoptive father, Deceased)
Mother: Lara-El (Deceased); Martha Kent (Adoptive mother)

Hobbies & Interests: Journalism, Mathematics, Astronomy, and playing football, baseball, and basketball.

Known Powers

Clark's cellular structure is more dense, resiliant and biologically more effective than human tissue. Clark has manifested a wide range of metahuman abilities, he can move at superhuman speeds, has an incredible reaction time and superhuman reflexes to match, lift incredible weights, is almost invulnerable to conventional injury, possesses superhuman sensory and powerful energy projection capabilities.

* Super Strength: He can lift incredible weights and objects The upper limit to his physical strength is not known (can lift as much as 100 tons).

* Invulnerability: Clark's invulnerability has also increased with his age. He is nearly invulnerable to weapons used by humans in warfare. He can operate for periods of up to 30 minutes without air. Extremes of heat and cold have little effect on him.

* Super Speed: Clark is capable of enhanced reflex action and the ability to move at incredible speeds by sheer force of will. He can reach a velocity well above the speed of sound. He can match most other speedsters in their ability to perform superfast movements, reactions, and processes. He can use this power to disarm opponents without heightened reflexes, catch bullets or shrapnel or cross vast distances in seconds.

* X-Ray Vision: He can see through any solid object except for lead.

* Heat Vision: His heat vision has the ability to reach temperatures of 11,000 degrees F, sufficient to melt steel in seconds.

* Super Hearing: He can also hear in a range equal to that of the best natural or man-made sensors. His hearing is so acute and precise he can detect a whisper at 500 yards.

* Super Breath: At age 13, While cleaning out the barn Clark inhaled so much dust that he when he sneezed he blew the barn door off it's hinges.

* Flight: Clark is capable of speeds in excess of Mach 4 in atmosphere. His control of his flight is constantly improving.

Equipment

Superman's uniform is relatively indestructible, having been derived from Kryptonian bio-technology. It also provides a "perception filter" that prevents people from picking up on his true identity despite his not wearing a mask in either identity.

Weaknesses

Clark is vulnerable to Kryptonite, radioactive remnants of his home planet, Krypton. The known variations of Kryptonite affect him in different ways. Fortunately, Clark can protect himself from Kryptonite radiation using lead, and removal of the substance reverses the effects.

* Green Kryptonite renders Kryptonians physically weak, painfully ill, and eventually death.

* Red Kryptonite has bizzare effects on Kryptonians everytime they come in contact with it. This can be anything from losing their powers, to losing their inhibitions and social conscience. The effects eventually wear off with time.

Strangely enough, they do not seem to possess superhuman strength levels despite their enhanced cellular ability. Without constant exposure to solar energy, their strength seems on par for a human of their height and weight.

Magic: It seems that Kryptonians are permeabile to certain wavelengths making them vulnerable to certain radiations, particularly magical energies whose chaotic electromagnetic or extradimensional signatures. A Kryptonian's vulnerability to magic varies on the special effects of the magic. No magic seems to be able to directly destroy them unless it comes from a semi-divine or divine source. They can be injured and worn down by magical entities. Magic can have powerful and unpredictable effects on them.

High Energy Attacks or Radiation: High energy radiations of a particular wavelength can also cause injury, hence the reason they can be harmed by high energy weapons such as blasters, lasers and plasma weapons. Kinetic kill weapons with sufficient force can also cause damage.

superman0011.jpg

superman0031.jpg
 
I don't know where this might head. But since it seems promising i want a role reserved for me, as The Flash.
Also i wish to know what the game is really about, how we are gonna play and what will be our aim.
 
As I said in the first post esentially it will be about Superman, and those immediately around him (his inner circle if you will) and his becoming the iconic hero we know from the comics, since if you've see Man of Steel movie, he isn't there yet. But also it's to see how the world around him grows with him as well. As for how the game will be played, like many of the RP threads here it will be writing in the third person. Everyone writing for the characters that they are responsible for. Everyone adding the the story started by the GM or other moderators.
 
Would The Dark Knight fit in anywhere?

(I know, you thought I was going to say Martian Manhunter...)
 
Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to "Land of Confusion". In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. "In Too Deep" is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like "In the Air Tonight" and, uh, "Against All Odds". Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is "Sussudio", a great, great song, a personal favorite.
 
Back
Top