Wards of Darkness (pm me if interested in joining, please.)

Parish Green tried to stop Mylea, for fear she would hurt herself, but as she called out the name, Sally Mae he froze, recognizing the name. "Sally Mae Bishop? The founder's daughter and namesake of the asylum?" He wondered aloud.

That was all Enumael needed to hear and took over, catching Mylea's body as she went limp, sitting her down gently to the ground. He turned, exposing his celestial form, surging with light and power. He looked down at his right and and a sword of roiling flame sprang to life in his grip. He drew it back and swung at the sealed lid, splitting it in twain and tearing it open with his bare hands. His face, burning like the sun, illuminate the deep, darkness of the well.

Down below, tucked against the wall of the well, were bones, long since worn bare of flesh. "Come, Sally Mae Bishop, you are free." He commanded, the apparition of the poor young woman forming in the shimmering light of his presence. She looked as she had the day she fell down the well all those years ago.
 
Last edited:
From the well she saw light, and a warmth as the the well was opened up. No longer cold and scared Mylea found her way back. Slowly she opened her eyes to see a bright light, brighter than the day light standing over the well as a girl, well almost a girl, rose from the well.

"Huh, ..."she started to sit up as her eyes adjusted to the light. "Parish..." she gasp as she saw the demon, his aura in full glory standing over and lighting up the well. He shone with the light of the sun. Her heart froze. Never had she seen anything like this. Her body froze, she wanted to scream but could not. She sat in the grass wide eyed as the being showed itself with no fear. It was still Parish Green, but not. His mind was not there, just his body.

"You..its you...the...the..."she felt her words stop on the back of her tongue.
 
Enumael turned to regard Mylea as she struggled to name him. "Demon? Fallen one? Renegade angel?" He asked her with a knowing smile. "Call me Enumael, young one, I mean you no harm." He turned his attention back to Sally Mae. "Do you wish to leave this place, Sally Mae? Go on to your rightful place?" He asked her, kneeling to touch her translucent cheek. It was made solid under his celestial touch and it warmed her spirit to the core.

"You could come unto me and find peace." He offered her, opening his arms as well as his wings. Her spirit could sustain him for many, many years, if she chose to give it to him, and he would care for her, giving her, her own personal heaven, a place where she and Doctor Smyth could be together, forever.
 
Mylea watched as he touched the girl. She was solid. but she looked scared still. Almost as scared as she sounded while she was in the well.

Her head was swimming and anger took a hold of her. That was her friend.

"Leave her alone. What are you doing to her?"she pushed herself up with a renewed strength running straight at the demon. Her fear for her friend overtook all her own fear of the demon. She placed her hands on him trying to push him away, only receiving pain running though her body and her mind wend blank, almost numb. as if she was in a bubble
 
Mylea's touch sent her spiraling through the memories of the demon, the nothingness of the abyss making her mind go blank and her body go numb. Enumael caught her in his arms, holding her up, gently bringing her back around. "That was foolish, but brave of you, little Mylea. Very well, what would you have me do with her?"
 
She felt as if she were floating. The memories, images of a different time and space. Lovers, wars, and mostly darkness. It was almost too much to handled. It made her head hurt. The insides of her screamed and burned with anger.

She opened her eyes and found herself in his arms. He was strong, stronger than Parish green. She could feel the darkness of his aura surrounding her body. the feeling un nerved her as she tried to move but couldn't. It too all she could to open her eyes. She stared into his, the red very prominent and intimidating.

"Let her go. She has been trapped for so long." A faint whisper escaped her lips, barely audible.
 
Enumael couldn't stop Mylea from seeing into his past right away, it took some effort to block her, any longer and she might have gone mad. She was strong and he was weary of her power.

"Very well, I shall let her go, if you agree to serve me, little Mylea." Enumael said smoothing out her tousled hair. "Your gift of awareness will help me greatly, now that you know what I am. And I can help you control it, if you but ask."
 
"Serve you?!" her eyes widened as she started to struggle, or so she thought. her body still unable to move. He cradled her body so gently, yet her was so strong. the sensation was overwhelming, confusing and there was something else she felt that she could not describe. It was a tingle that ran thought her almost arousing.

Panic spread though her as the thoughts raced through her already pounding head. What did it all mean? Her mind raced and she could feel her heart flutter. She could feel her breathing pick up and her heard hurt as she kept thinking. All that darkness. All the memories. She was so confused. Was it a dream? Was it him?

"Why? Why have I been cursed this way? I just want to be normal." A tear fell from her eye
 
"Would it be so bad? I can help you, give you focus. Here, let me show you." Enumael brushed his finger tips gently across Mylea's brow, giving order to the chaos of her thoughts, numbing the pain, soothing the turmoil her gift caused her.

"Peace, child, it is no curse." Enumael placed a soft kiss upon her forehead. "You are blessed, your gift makes you special. You may not be 'normal' but you are extraordinary." Enumael wiped away her tear, cradling her in his arms.
 
His touch. What was that. Her mind settled and her body relaxed. Instinctively she turned into him letting the warmth warm her. Her hand rested gently on his chest as she adjusted to the sensation of her own move=ment once again.

She could feel things in her head begin to sort themselves out. No more spastic thoughts. No more jumbled time lines. The present seemed clear for that moment.

"What did you do to me?..."Her thoughts trailed off again to the newness of the clarity, reveling in the feeling of it in case it did not last.
 
"I've only given you clarity, the ability to order your thoughts from the chaos of information you receive from your gift. You should have had it all along but something or someone must have robbed you of it long ago, or had tried to block your gift in some way." Enumael continued to cradle her in his arms and looked up at the lingering spirit of Sally Mae. "Do you wish to stay with us, Sally Mae, or do you want to go to what awaits you beyond?"
 
gift? It was a gift? It had never felt like a gift to her.

Mylea tuned her head to the girl and reached her fingers out towards the spirit, getting a look at the girl. She was plain, but beautiful and dress in someting right out of a historical movie of the era of WW2. "Go be free my friend."She felt her finger caress the coolness of the girl and Sally Mae reach out to her as well. "I'm sorry I would not get you out myself. I'm sorry I could not help you."
 
Sally Mae smiled softly at Mylea as she touched her, wanting to touch her savior's hand. "You heard me, it is because of you I am free, Mylea, I will remember you always." Sally Mae said, her voice like a whisper on the wind. "There's a box, in room three-oh-four, under a loose floor board, I want you to have it, Mylea. Its all I have left on earth. Please, say you'll accept it?" Sally sounded sad that she was about to leave her new friend for lord knows what.

She turned to Enumael. "Must I go? If Mylea can see and hear me, I'd much rather stay with my new friend. She saved me, you see, I owe her, so much."

Enumael looked at the two, one after the other. "That is not my decision, that would be up to Mylea, Only she an chose to become your fetter and keep you on this side of the veil. But I warn you, as long as she lives, you will be trapped here.
 
"Sally Mae, I would love for you to stay. But I do not wish for you to be trapped here. It could be a very long time that I live, or very short. The future of that is unclear to me." the sound of her voice speaking with clarity shocked her. The thoughts were fluid in her head as she thought out her answer. "I still will leave it up to you, my friend. I would love the company, but ultimately it is up to you."

A gust of wind swirled and Mylea felt a shiver run though her tiny frame. She curled herself into Enumael, trying to shelter herself from the cold. He was warm. A lot warmer than she though that he should have been. She looked up to him with wide eyes. The gaze of her piercing green eyes was almost unnerving. "Who would try to block this sight that I have? I have done nothing to anyone for them to drive my mind mad."
 
"Than it's settled, I want to stay with you Mylea, my one true friend, I owe you everything! If not for you, I'd still be trapped down there, in the cold, lonely dark." Sally Mae said, sure of herself and her place by Mylea's side. "And you, sir, how can I thank you for breaking me free? I want to be of any help I may be." Enumael smiled upon her, wanting to bless her for her kind spirit. "I need no payment, that you have given yourself to little Mylea is enough. She needs a friend like you, I think."

Enumael turned his glowing red eyes upon Mylea's brilliant greens. "Perhaps it was your mothers doing? She though the devil was in you, did she not? She tried to have you exorcized by a priest, didn't she? That very well could have caused your mind to splinter and not be able to handle your gift..." Enumael sighed. "When will mortals learn to leave well enough alone?"
 
Being in the entity's arms calmed her. She wrapped an arm around his neck and leaned into his warmth. something about her mind being clear was nice. It was a strange sensation, but it was something she liked having.

She felt the spirit of Sally Mae reach up and touch her free hand trying to hold it as if she did not want to ever let go. Mylea found herself smiling with a coy curing on the left side of her lip. She as happy she had a friend who did not run from her or shy away because of her outburst. Then she remembered. Was what left of her physical body was still down there.

"How will we get her bones? Where will we bury her? If we bury her will she leave us?" Her body tensed as she turned back to the well
 
"I will retrieve them and we can give her a proper burial as soon as Parish has had the chance to contact any of her remaining family about her remains." Enumael said softly, finding Mylea's cuddling rather charming. It was nice to not be feared and he was glad that he could give her some peace, even if it would be short lived. He would need to create a pact of faith with her if he were to bless her with a constant sense of clarity, as it was, like the gift he'd given Katarina, it would only last for an hour, at most. But if Mylea accepted him into her heart he would gladly make it permanent.

"I don't want to see them, please don't make me see them." Sally Mae begged, her voice trembling with fear. "Mylea, please take me away from this horrible place, it's so cold and I'm afraid I might sink back into my watery tomb!" Her wispy, ghostly fingers pulled at Mylea's hand, struggling to keep purchase without passing through her.

"Go. It will be fine, everything will be taken care of, I promise you both." Enumael stated, setting Mylea on her feet and gently turning her toward the building.
 
She felt him set her down on the ground. Her feet still felt a little unstable as she gained her balance. She turned the the spirit.

"You are safe with me now." she instinctively tried to grab her hand ans felt the cold of her essence. It was thicker than the air but still she moved right though. "I'm sorry, I'm going to have to get used to that." She looked up at her and smiled. "Some on, lets go find that box of yours. You can tell me all about whats in it."

Mylea turned towards small garden. She felt Sally Mae Drift beside her and then lean into her. the sensation of the girl passing though her was so strange but almost comforting. Mylea giggled a bit as Sally Mae did it again, more playfully.

"Ok, Ok..stop. it kind of tickles. and reading your thoughts is rude and I cant help it when you do that."

They ran though the small garden with almost joy in their new found friendship.
 
"Oh, I would like that, very much!" Sally Mae said brightly, wanting so much to share the last remaining items she had left behind with Mylea.

For Sally Mae, the sensation of passing through Mylea's body was one of warmth as well as nice, almost pleasurable tingles. She like it but Mylea asked her to stop, so she did.

Enumael found the two of them charming as they ran off, or was that Parish, coming through?

Once alone, Enumael stepped up, onto the lip of the well and speed his wings, giving them one strong pump before stepping forward, dropping down to the bottom of the well to gather Sally Mae's remains.
 
Kat sighed and played back down. She could not stand to look at him. He probably thought how childish she had been. She got out of bed and put a Robe on. She walked to the window wishing more then anything that she could be out there. How she missed her freedom.
 
Katarina could see her dark, angelic lover holding a bundle of bones, like they were swaddled baby. He felt her eyes on him even from the back yard and turned his head slowly to look up at her in the window of her room. Despite the horrific image of him holding a bundle of bones, the sight of him set her aflame with desire. He was the dark, handsome stranger of her dreams, and he would always be there to give her her hearts desire.

"Kat?" He whispered, from afar, and yet it felt as if his voice were in her ear.
 
Mylea reveled in her new clarity as she ran though the halls like a renewed child. Her face almost hurt with the unfamiliarity of laughter. Soon they stood in front of 304. She had passed by the room may times but never gone in. the door had always been locked and she had suspected it had been that way for a number of years.

She tried to turn the handle to find it was still locked. She turned leaning her back on the door.

"Sally Mae, its locked. I have never known that door to ever be unlocked in the many years I have been here. Can you go get Parish...I mean Emanuel to help us?"
 
"No need, I've got this." Sally Mae said with a playful giggle as she simply drifted through the door, insubstantial as she was.

On the other side, she used the force of her will to turn the tumbler. It left her kind of drained, but the door was finally unlocked and she called out for Mylea to enter. "It's unlocked now!" She claimed, with breathless joy.

"I can't do much, being a ghost, but unlocking things from the inside, I can do!" She beamed with pride.

"Here! Over here! Come quick! My box, my gift to you, its under this board!" She burst with a renewed sense of excitement as she was about to hand over her last remaining earthy possessions to her new friend and fetter.

"I do so hope you like them! They were my pride and joy!" She clapped her dainty hands in excitement as she floated near by, unable to help lift the boards.
 
she was amazed with the power this girl had even in the afterlife. she heard the click of the lock and smiled. She laid her hand on the handle and it opened. The squeak of the door startled her a bit as she headed over to the spot where she was pointing.

the room was covered with a layer of dust with only the daylight from the window lighting the room. the curtains and bedding were moth eaten and hung like cobwebs. There was a small desk in the corner and a wardrobe. It looked as if someone had just closed the door and locked it without changing anything.

Mylea knelt down to the board and found the one that was loose. It was tight from the moisture over the years but she got it up with some effort. Under she found the box, covered in dust. She took her time lifting it not wanting to disturb the contents.

She set the box down on the ground and removed the box to reveal her new friend's treasures.
 
Back
Top