Help me create "The United Provinces of North America"

Comments

First, Canada. Wrong name, for that era. Be aware of its history, especially the influx of Loyalist refugees after the real Revolutionary War. New Brunswick didn't get split off from Nova Scotia until that influx, for example.
Second, without the Louisiana Purchase, attempts to expand west would anger the French, so maybe it should be them who attack circa 1812, with or without the UK participating, or even allied with the Spanish?
 
Thoughts

Basic timeline of Canadian Provinces, relative to your storyline:

Canada was originally the French colony, ceded to Britain in 1763. In 1791 it was partitioned into the Province of Upper Canada (now Ontario) and Province of Lower Canada, which included part of modern Quebec and Labrador, which was transferred to Newfoundland in 1809. The two provinces were combined into one Province of Canada in 1841, then re-divided into Ontario and Quebec in 1867, when they and Nova Scotia and New Brunswick joined as the Dominion of Canada.

Nova Scotia was known as Acadia to the French until the British conquered it in 1710, but the British had long called it Nova Scotia. St. John's Island (now known as Prince Edward Island) separated in 1769. New Brunswick was split from Nova Scotia in 1784, after the influx of American Loyalists (again, without them, Canada's history changes too).

So, at the time of the Revolution, until 1867, they were separate Provinces, without a central government.

As for the historical timeline that was posted here, I can only say that it parallels USA history WAY too much - why establish an alternate timeline yet still make it totally parallel our own?
 
Back
Top