Riddle Me This

Five friends are all pilots: Mr. Johnson, Mr. Bruckner, Dr. Thompson, Mr. Landis, and Lord Christopher. Each pilot has one daughter but named his plane after a friend's daughter. Mr. Landis's plane is the Carla Jean; Dr. Thompson's, the Rene. Elizabeth Johnson's father owns the Lindsey Kay. Mr. Bruckner owns the Mary Lynn, which is named after Mr. Landis's daughter. Carla's father used Lord Christopher's daughter's name for his plane. Who is Lindsey Kay's father?
 
Two boys were sent by their mothers to sell an equal amount of cupcakes each, worth one dollar per cupcake.

They were told not to eat the cupcakes they are selling, and that they should sell all of the cupcakes.

At the end of the day, all cupcakes were sold, yet neither boy gained nor lost a dollar.

What happened?
 
Two boys were sent by their mothers to sell an equal amount of cupcakes each, worth one dollar per cupcake.

They were told not to eat the cupcakes they are selling, and that they should sell all of the cupcakes.

At the end of the day, all cupcakes were sold, yet neither boy gained nor lost a dollar.

What happened?

They each bought the other's cupcakes
 
Five friends are all pilots: Mr. Johnson, Mr. Bruckner, Dr. Thompson, Mr. Landis, and Lord Christopher. Each pilot has one daughter but named his plane after a friend's daughter. Mr. Landis's plane is the Carla Jean; Dr. Thompson's, the Rene. Elizabeth Johnson's father owns the Lindsey Kay. Mr. Bruckner owns the Mary Lynn, which is named after Mr. Landis's daughter. Carla's father used Lord Christopher's daughter's name for his plane. Who is Lindsey Kay's father?


Dr. Bruckner
 
Can you figure out what A.A. Milne was referring to in this verse from his "When We Were Very Young" book?

She wore her yellow sun-bonnet,
She wore her greenest gown;
She turned to the south wind
And curtsied up and down.
She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbour:
"Winter is dead."

a sunflower?
 
Six letters have I, and many more;
One word tells what the others are for;
Conceal a thing is what I do;
So what am I? Need a clue?
 
A clock has 60 lines on it; one at each minute interval. Everyone knows that the hour and minute hands point to the same line at 12:00. Can you figure out what time it is for these situations?

1. The hour hand is exactly on one line, and the minute hand is exactly on the NEXT line.

2. The hour hand is exactly on one line, and the minute hand is exactly on the PREVIOUS line.


1. 2:12

2 9:48


:cool:
 
Many many years ago when I was twenty three,
I got married to a widow who was pretty as could be.

This widow had a grown-up daughter who had hair of red.
My father fell in love with her, and soon the two were wed.

This made my dad my son-in-law and changed my very life.
My daughter was my mother, for she was my father's wife.

To complicate the matters worse, although it brought me joy,
I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy.

My little baby then became a brother-in-law to dad.
And so became my uncle, though it made me very sad.

For if he was my uncle, then that also made him brother
To the widow's grown-up daughter who, of course, was my step-mother.

Father's wife then had a son, who kept them on the run.
And he became my grandson, for he was my daughter's son.

Who is my grandma?

Your wife
 
Riddles seem to be popular around here. Everyone contributes! If you know answers, post them in white so not to spoil for others.


riddle me this...

question: a word i know that six letters contains, subtract the last and only twelve remain. what is the word?

courtesy of : reader's digest
 
Way to resurrect an old thread Respy. :) :rose:

i was conflicted about it, really. it wasn't my thread to bump, but at the same time i needed a way for other member to post an answer if they wanted to.

thank you for allowing me to give your thread a nudge.
 
Back
Top