Looking for an editor - transexual story with romance and mild dominance/submission

Alex_Lockheed

Wizard
Joined
Jun 22, 2014
Posts
7
Hi, I have a new story that I'd like to post relatively soon - perhaps within the next few days/week. The first draft is done and I'm relatively happy with it. It currently stands at about 8,000 words.

The story is about a guy who meets a pre-op t-girl at party. He doesn't know she is a t-girl, he simply likes her and thinks she's beautiful. They really hit it off, but as the flirting progress to kissing and kissing to necking... she suddenly becomes scared that he won't accept her and turns away.

Fortunately, after much coaxing, she admits her status - and he is fine with it. They then they go back to his place to have sex!

So sure... it's not the most original plot in the world, but I'd like to think I've executed it relatively well. It may well be the start of a romance series. Also there are mild themes of consensual dominance and submission involved.

I'm mainly looking for someone to do a spelling/grammar check on it, but suggestions on plot and characterisation are welcome too.

One thing I should point out is that I am British and the story is set in Britain... so it is written in British English. There are a few spelling differences, but I can spot those. It's more missing words and grammatical mistakes that I'm keen to spot.

If you want a previous example of my work check out http://www.literotica.com/s/being-sarah
 
Have you found an editor yet? If not I could do this one on a one-time basis assuming it doesn't go much above that 8,000 words and that you can provide it as a Word attachment and can work with Word Tracking Change. If interested, PM me and I'll send you an address to e-mail attach it to.

I have written a bit in that genre and have professionally edited both American and British style. I wouldn't mess with the British style other than that the quoting should be in American style (as it is with the story you cited). Not only is British quotation too convoluted from me to fully understand, but stories often get rejected at Literotica for not being in American quotation style.
 
The OP doesn't use Word and I no longer edit anything but Word (which is industry standard--manual editing takes twice as long as Word Tracking Change does), so afraid the OP is still looking for help.
 
The story mentioned in my initial post has now been published
http://www.literotica.com/s/meeting-jenna

To clarify on what sr71plt said above (who I had a friendly discussion with via PM) I can send/receive basic Doc files, but I use Open Office rather than Word, and the track-changes function doesn't map over very well between the two programmes.

I've received a couple offers of help today (as my story included an editor request in the closing blurb) which may or may not come to anything. But I'm still interested to hear from people would would be interested in doing spelling/grammar checks (the more pairs of eyes the better) or who would like to bounce ideas around.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top