Need an editor to help me figure out a way to bring a story to a close

TryAnything

Experienced
I have the hardest time finding a way to bring a story to a close. I've been working on a story that needs to end, but I can't find a sensible way to do it. My biggest weakness as a writer is finishing a story and this particular story just has me stumped in that regard. Would appreciate someone with writing experience to help me out, as I think the story is worth finishing and posting.

Thanks in advance...

there are many resources out telling you just that -- how to end a story. Many smart asses on youtube teaching you how to do it, many of them introducing themselves as editors.

there are many resources out telling you just that -- how to end a story. Many smart asses on youtube teaching you how to do it, many of them introducing themselves as editors.
Thanks. I know how to end a story, just not this one. Was hoping that someone smarter than me would see it through different eyes and have an idea on how I might do it.

Most editors here will 'bite' better if you state the category/word count with a one sentence synopsis.

I am much better at starting stories than ending them, as most people will attest to! But I have on occasion offered plot advice that I was told was helpful.

Most editors here will 'bite' better if you state the category/word count with a one sentence synopsis.

I am much better at starting stories than ending them, as most people will attest to! But I have on occasion offered plot advice that I was told was helpful.
Good point. The theme includes incest, group sex, and same-sex sex, both sexes. It is approximately 257,000 words.

Plot advice is exactly what I need, now to transition the story to an ending. If you're interested, let me know.

257k words? Holy crap! o_O
I was going to take a hard pass just because of that, but have to say that your poker party story, "Slut" (apparently republished as "Pure Slut" last year) was one of my early favorites on the site.
I see your current list of stories includes a mulit-part Novel/Novella called "Wendy." Do you plan on publishing this current long story the same way?
Do you already have the early parts packaged and now are looking for how to wrap it up in the last part?
Well, I'll go ahead and start a Conversation and we can talk about whether I can help you with a project that honestly may be too big for me to commit to.

Yeah, the story just seemed to grow and grow. Now I'm stuck. 'Slut'/'Pure Slut' was one of my very early works. I'd like to think that my writing has improved since then. Wendy is still my personal all-time favorite. It broke my heart to bring it to an end.

Back