Colony Epsilon (Open PM For Details)

EroticLiteracy

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 27, 2017
Posts
1,085
The year is 2141

Due to a failing planet drained of its natural resources the governments of earth have banded together and put aside their petty differences in favor of survival. A new organization has risen from the ashes of society. The one earth government. Their first act…..

To get humanity off of a dying world

Luckily they have help in the form of a company called Transtar. Run by the reclusive and highly intelligent Mr. No the company quickly moved to the forefront of the interstellar travel game. Within a year of the one earth being formed Transtar successfully completed their prototype colony vessel.

And it worked

Humanity rejoiced they were going to be saved! They would no longer be surrounded by the mistakes of their forefathers. They would get a new start, a new chance to be the best they could possibly be.

But as we know…. Things aren’t always as easy as they seem.


……………………………………………………………………………….
WARNING WARNING

LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS FAILING

EMERGENCY WAKE UP IN

FIVE
FOUR
THREE
TWO
ONE


With a hiss the shiny silver pods doors slid open. Smoke billowed out giving the room a hazy cloud as a dark shape slid out and crashed onto the cold metal floor. Seconds later the overhead lights from above burst on bathing the room in bright garish light and revealing the black mass to be a man in a simple white hospital gown.

From the mass of wires above a silver orb descended floating and slightly bobbing in the air. It was entirely smooth seemingly devoid of ridges or seems. It’s one blemish was a blinking red light that sat dead center on the top of the ball. The orb moved over to the body running its red light over the man several times. A warning emanated from it and it began to zip around the room seemingly in a panic.

WARNING LIFE SIGNS UNRESPONSIVE INITIATING EMERGENCY RESUSCITATION

The orb calmed at the voice from above which was distinctly robotic. It moved back to the body its smooth hidden panel sliding down to reveal a simple metal appendage. The metal appendage slowly descended reaching the man on the floor and burrowing into his powerful shoulder muscles.

INITIATING RESUSCITATION IN

FIVE
FOUR
THREE
TWO
ONE


The orb shuddered as it delivered a powerful electric shock through the metal appendage. The man’s body jerked as the shock passed through him. A screen to the left flickered on showing a flat lined pulse on a retro green screen.

RESUSCITATION FAILED

UPPING CHARGE

SECOND ATTEMPT AT RESUSCITATION IN

FIVE
FOUR
THREE
TWO
ONE


The orb shuddered once more. A much powerful shock ran through the metal appendage this time causing the man’s body to jerk. The screen beeped a faint shiver running through the line before flat lining again.

INCREASING CURRENT

INITIATING RESUSCITATION IN

FIVE

FOUR

THREE
TWO
ONE


The orbs light dimmed its body shuddering as it unleashed its most powerful electric shock. The body jerked once more its legs flailing and kicking as its muscles spasmed. There was a long pause of silence the seconds seemingly like minutes as the green screen refused to budge.

Until….

BEEP

The line flickered going from a flat line to a small weak wave. Vitals began to flow across the screen reading the man’s pulse and heart rate as his body started back up. The orb beeped in victory its metal arm collapsing back into its body as it zipped away and deeper into the facility.

The body remained on the floor for several seconds. Slowly the man on the floor began to move his body twitching and his hands uncurling and curling up. He began to cough and groan spitting out mucus and saliva as he pushed himself off the floor. His legs as white as the hospital gown he wore shook as they struggled to work. Eventually he was able to get up using a table bolted down next to the pod to keep himself steady.

The man was impossibly large, his features were thick and broad from his tree trunk like legs to his long muscular forearms. There didn’t seem to be a speck of hair on his body, his skin was pale and sickly clashing with his large muscular body and making him seem almost zombie like. A simple blue logo and string of numbers rested on the breast of his shirt. His eyes were his most shocking featuremm mismatched indigo and blue orbs that moved back and forth with a wild unfocused gaze.

Slowly but surely intelligence and understanding began to fill those mismatched orbs. The man took stock of the room with renewed interest his eyes sweeping over the equipment and cluttered room he was in.

“What the hell happened?” He finally murmured his voice hoarse from a lack of use.

He turned to the retro looking computer. His long nimble fingers danced across the key board typing in a long string of code that changed the information on the screen. His vitals disappeared replaced by the same blue logo that was printed on his shirt. The logo darkened and lines of code and sub systems began to appear on the green screen. The man scanned them all his eyes widening in shock as the computer delivered its bad news.

“No” The man whispered stumbling back from the computer.

“Computer” He called out his voice still weak “Access code 7911”

“Access code confirmed” The same artificial female voice from before answered “Engineer Erin Flynn online… designated acting commander of colony epsilon per Transcom regulation Zero Niner Niner”

“Acting commander?” Erin said his tone one of pure shock “What happened to Charlie?”

“Commander Charlie is deceased” The computer answered “You are the most senior member still alive”

“Dear god” Erin said bile rising in his throat “What happened?”

“Unknown” The computer answered “System has had multiple power failures, wiring has eroded in several places, and structural integrity is at eighty percent. Immediate action is needed”

“Immediate action?” Erin said snorting “We need a fucking miracle! Computer emergency call back to earth!”

“Over the last several centuries multiple attempts have been made to contact earth” The computer replied “There has been no word back from command or from our Transcom representative”

“That’s-“ Erin said his voice faltering as something the computer said connected. His legs gave out and he slid to the floor curling up as he worked up the courage to ask the question at the fore front of his mind.

“You said centuries computer…. How long was I asleep?”

“The year is 2741” The computer replied “You have been asleep for six hundred years, 14 days, and 336 hours”

“Six hundred years” Erin murmured to himself his eye lids fluttering “I was out for six hundred years”

His mind swam with the revelation that everyone he knew from back home were dead and gone. Memories swam to the forefront of his mind of his mother and father and the slums they called home. He remembered their excitement when he was chosen as one of the select few to forge a new home for amongst the stars. Most of all he remembered his promise to his younger sister the promise of a home for just the two of them. Tears burned his mismatched eyes as he sobbed and despair and depression gripped his heart as he faced a reality where she was dead, buried, and nothing more than dust.

“Commander” The computer said as Erin cried “Immediate action is needed.
Multiple systems failing I predict a critical mission failure in THREE DAYS”

“Who cares” Erin shouted his voice thick with emotion “were all fracked! There’s no help from earth coming… there’s no one left”

The computer was silent for several seconds as it contemplated his words.
“Negative commander” The electronic voice finally said “There are a total of twenty-five surviving pods in this facility. They along with you are the last known surviving humans.”

Erin stiffened at the computers words and the weight they carried. The gravity of the situation suddenly hit him hard. Twenty-five left…. The original team was composed of three hundred people! They were all that was left… and he was supposed to lead them.

“Without supplies from home what are we going to do?” Erin asked picking himself up off the floor.

“Colony Epsilon was intended as a mining colony” The computer reminded him “We are currently in the central asteroid of asteroid belt Lima and sitting on a massive ore deposit we can use that to facilitate repairs”

“What about the other people?” Erin asked.

He began to take stock of his simple cabin. He moved with renewed purpose his eyes determined and reflecting how serious he took the mission at hand.
“Several people are ready and prepped to be revived” The computer replied answering his question “At your command Commander I can revive them and explain the situation”

“Do it” Erin said as he found his locker and pulled out his uniform “Have them meet me in the kitchen”

“Yes commander”

Erin dressed quickly trading his hospital gown for a pair of simple black pants and a red shirt with engineer on the back in black letters. He pulled his equipment and tool belt out and once he was sure he had everything left his cabin.

The corridor outside was…. Jarring. The once pristine white corridor was now dirty and covered in black marks. Several panels from the ceiling were on the floor exposing the skeletal structure and the rocky wall of the asteroid. Water damage was a problem as well, several pipes above were dripping a steady supply of water into pools on the floor.

All in all… it bad

Erin tried his best not to sink into despair. Instead he did his best to approach it from an engineering mind set. While he walked he took a mental note of each and every problem he saw that needed fixing. He then organized them numbering he one based on importance. He pushed on heading to the kitchen/mess hall in the center of the asteroid and keeping track of all the damage he saw.
 
Deep in the hull of the ship, designated as an artificial green house for plant production for oxygen, food, fuel and medicine to have been produced. There was trouble being experienced with leaking pipes and most of the lights had gone out with the few remaining blinking vividly. While the main AI running the ship was running warning of life support failures, a second AI bot whom was in charge of growing and harvesting plants for storage floated to the chief botanist Jenzel Attari has her pod opened up.

As the pod opened up, the New India native stepped out coughing as bit of oxygen rushed into her lungs. She was greeted by droid she had named BB-1 short for Botany Bot 1 before going into cryo sleep. BB 1 was identified for he was painted red while the rest of the BBs were silver colored. BB 1 was able to interface with all the others due their network so giving him orders was easiest way to control what was going on.

"BB 1 what is going on, and where are your brothers?"

In a high pitched voice, BB 1 answered slightly distressed but also trying to sound assuring.

"All operations were going normally, until 23 minutes ago, the ship was jolted suddenly, knocking out my network with all the other BBs. Then the main ship AI started going about ship failures all over the place ma'am. The food storage unit seems untouched so food shouldn't be a problem, but need someone from engineering to fix the fans, or else the ship will run out of oxygen in 3 days 14 hours and 3 minutes."

Jenzel noting how bad things seemed to be, walked over to the console of office and living quarters she'd use to communicate with other parts of the ship and the ship AI itself.

"Tell me are there any other survivors, anyone here to help?"

The screen flickered for a few seconds before giving a response.

"Engineer Erin Flynn is awake and has been designated as acting commander."

Jenzel sighed a bit of relief as she heard an engineer was awake.

"Good get me in touch with him now, we need to get oxygen pumps working again or we are all going to die."
 
“Commander there is an incoming call”

Erin head popped up so fast that he didn’t notice the rusted counter before it was to late. A sharp bang sounded throughout the room followed by a string of cursing as Erin pushed himself away from the food processor and its mass of wires.

“Is it from earth?” He asked his tone hopefully as he rose and brushed off his pants. His determination at saving the people on the asteroid had given away to fear once he saw the kitchen. The circular habitat was in shambles with panels falling off left and right and the oxygen kicking off randomly. The food processor had exploded at one point covering the room in synthetic food paste which was molded over and giving the room a pungent aroma.

“Negative” The station AI said its tone distorting as the power flickered “The call is originating from the Green House the log reports it is acting botanist Jenzel Attari”

“A botanist?” Erin said frustration crossing his eyes “We need miners damnit!”
He felt his heart racing and reached out clutching it with his hand. He forced himself to calm mentally counting the beating of his heart as he breathed in and out. He didn’t let go until his body slowed and once he was calm he reached out and tapped a few keys into his communicator.

“This is commander Erin reporting” Erin said trying to make his voice sound as professional as it could “Please tell me you have good news in the green house?”
 
As water continued to spray from the broken water main the screen continued to flicker in and out as tried to get a hold of the acting commander. BB 1 whirled around trying to stop all the leaks but it had basic repair program and could only fix the smaller leaks as Jenzel stood in ankle deep water. She channel some what cleared when got hold of the commander.

"Only good news is, that production has been on schedule since took off from Earth, we have enough food, medicine, and bio fuel stored up for a life time, Problem is I've got leaky pipes and the oxygen processing pump is offline. According to numbers ran, we only have enough oxygen for about 3 days before entire ship dies. Are there any other survivors, any other parts of the ship affected by what ever happened?"
 
“As of right now you and I are the only ones awake” Erin explained as he moved through the kitchen and began gathering supplies. His mind ran with the problem thinking it over and trying to fix it as he stuffed parts into his tool bag.

“We have a metric shit tone of issues right now” Erin said frowning as he stepped through the hatch and began to make his way down to the massive oxygen pumps underneath the massive hydroponics farm. He ignored the dirty corridors and leaks as best he could pushing forward as he reached the ladders leading down to the underbelly of the ship.

“Even if we fix the oxygen were still in trouble” He explained to her as he moved through the massive pipes of machinery under the forest.

“The ship buried itself into the asteroid upon landing but that wasn’t supposed to be a long term option. We were supposed to break the ship down and seal the hole after us. Since that wasn’t down were slowly losing more and more of the ship to the vacuum of space. Unless we get some homes set up inside the rock were all going to be sucked back out” Erin explained as he found the pipe in question and cracked open a mag light.

He let the light bob in the air as he inspected the machinery. He found the fault and began to work on it using the parts he could find in order to reseal and stop the leak as he did his mind began to notice things. The revelations of the machinery caused his heart to plummet, for the first time since he woke up anger began to fill him.

“These parts” He murmured into the COM as he fixed the pipe and stood up “There all shoddy! This stuff wasn’t built to last at all!”
 
Back
Top