Morning Coffee

Lancecastor

Lit's Most Beloved Poster
Joined
May 14, 2002
Posts
54,670
I enjoy the GB with my morning coffee.

Starbucks french roast and a toasted St Viateur bagel with cretons today.

The bagel reminds me of whatsername suburban west island grrl... you know, the one who isn't fat.

Silvergrrl, that's her. Bagel reminds me of her.
 
I enjoy the GB with my morning coffee.


I am, however, not a coffee snob and name-dropper.


Your pickup lines remind me of Smooth's with a cleaned up language style.


:eek:


Is he your alt? :D
 
Many people drink whatever was on sale at walmart.

No shame in that.

Those people resent the french roast as snobbery.

That is the shameful part.
 
What's cretons?

It's a spiced ground pork spread in a tub...big with the pea soupers.

0005771280142.jpg


This brand is carried in major grocs across canada.
 
What the fuck?! Is this like... diced spam in tupperware?

Not sure what's in it...mostly pig lips and assholes, I assume.

In Quebec cuisine, cretons (sometimes gorton or corton, especially among New Englanders of French-Canadian origin) is a forcemeat-style pork spread containing onions and spices. Due to its fatty texture and taste, it resembles French rillettes. Cretons are usually served on toast as part of a traditional Quebec breakfast. It is not to be confused with "fromage de tête" (tête fromagée in Quebec) or head cheese.
 
It's actually a bit more high-brow...

Recipes vary, but traditional preparation involves covering one to three pounds of ground pork shoulder in milk or water in a large pot, then seasoning with onions and a mix of spices. The blend of spices varies from recipe to recipe, but nearly all include ground cloves. Other spices often used include cinnamon, allspice, ginger, nutmeg and bay leaf. Some recipes include minced garlic.

Basics
The mixture is simmered gently over low heat, and stirred often to prevent scorching until all the liquid is cooked off and the mixture is thick. It is then allowed to cool, then stirred again to incorporate all the rendered fat, and transferred to a large clean container or individual containers, covered tightly and refrigerated for several hours or overnight until firm. Pig marrow is also often added in order to form a gelatin that allows it to congeal.
 
I enjoy the GB with my morning coffee.

Starbucks french roast and a toasted St Viateur bagel with cretons today.

The bagel reminds me of whatsername suburban west island grrl... you know, the one who isn't fat.

Silvergrrl, that's her. Bagel reminds me of her.

291_1000.jpg
 
It's a thread about eating pig assholes, so luk had to find a way in.

Less than two weeks!
 
Now work "ineffectual" into it. You've been misusing that word since I commented on your ineffectual flailings. Like what you just did, there.^
 
Poor luk.

Or is it poor fermi?

Can we get a Ruling from Garnate on that?
 
I remind you of a....bagel :confused:

They are good bagels though. Especially when they are hot and fresh, right from the paper bag.
 
Back
Top