Tags for poetry?

Tsotha

donnyQ
Question for those who have been around for a while: why aren't there tags on the poems here on LIT? I was thinking that it would be nice to browse all poems in a specific form, or on a subject.

It seems to me that, the way the category is set up, once the poem leaves the "new poems" page, it's pretty much gone forever, unless you happen to stumble upon it by visiting the poet's submissions page.

I have the same question as Tsotha. I always put tags in my submissions, 1, 2, 3, or even 4 of them and I use the titles of my chapters and song cycles as they appear at the top of my submission pages. Well, apart from the title of the piece and the limiting categorization as "erotic" or "non erotic" nothing else seems to appear in the new poems list. Why is that, am I doing something wrong?

That is a question which should be addressed to Laurel.

Laurel, why aren't there tags for poetry submissions?

There are places to put tags on the submission page

Yes, but as far as I know, no poem actually receives tags. Also, if you look at the tags page, you'll see the erotic / non-erotic poem categories aren't displayed on the toolbar on the right-side of the screen.

I think they are questioning the absence of tags on successfully submitted poems.

I personally don't see any tags that would allow a reader to jump from one poem to other poems with the same tag.

Good question! I know the tags are there because I add them sometimes. Let me look into that.

Good question! I know the tags are there because I add them sometimes. Let me look into that.

If you do find that we can use them as Tsotha has suggested, would we need to resubmit old poems if we wanted to add tags to them or would adding tags be available through the control panel.

I seem to recall that when tags were first introduced, we could submit tags through our user control panel then they were approved and part of old stories.

I wonder...

I submitted a poem last night and I was offered ten blanks for my tags. I only filled two since that was all I could think. Ha!

Masturbatory Value For Titles And Tags

I will give an example of a slightly different but related problem that I have.
I submitted a poem about a month ago as a small part of a chapter of a longer story.
The story and the chapter titles I submit as tags so that the reader can be directed to them, which is important to me, but no tags appear.
Now, the title of the actual piece is a slightly different matter. If I want to have as many reads as possible I try to give it some masturbatory value, which I did, calling it "FUCK ME DEAD" and lo! It sure goes well, but the actual title of it was "ROOM 26, 27, 28", but I could not give it that title cause no one would notice it.
What do you think of that?
The important think for me would be for my readers to know where to place it or to find it in the bigger unity in which it belongs.

I will give an example of a slightly different but related problem that I have.
I submitted a poem about a month ago as a small part of a chapter of a longer story.
The story and the chapter titles I submit as tags so that the reader can be directed to them, which is important to me, but no tags appear.
Now, the title of the actual piece is a slightly different matter. If I want to have as many reads as possible I try to give it some masturbatory value, which I did, calling it "FUCK ME DEAD" and lo! It sure goes well, but the actual title of it was "ROOM 26, 27, 28", but I could not give it that title cause no one would notice it.
What do you think of that?
The important think for me would be for my readers to know where to place it or to find it in the bigger unity in which it belongs.

Ah, you'd like to be able to group together certain poems (as if they were the chapters in a long story), but give them individual titles, too? That would be quite neat.

Any update on the tags, Laurel?

Back