Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, my present from my parents has arrived.

Maybe next year I can suggest we save postage by just keeping the present we have bought the other party. Knowing their ways, I did ask for money - the amount of postage on their parcel was probably more worth having than the contents but I suppose they will call me 'ungrateful' if I point this out :rolleyes:

Is it worth noting that Foodstuffs can go off very quickly in the time it can take to get from A to B ?

Is it worth noting that Foodstuffs can go off very quickly in the time it can take to get from A to B ?

I might try to tell them. But after fifty years of trying, I have come to the conclusion that my parents don't really listen to sensible things.

Anyway, my annoyance has been mitigated by finding an envelope of cash among the cheap crackers and empty biscuit tin. That's something! although I do wish they wouldn't waste such a lot on weird stuff. I have this same supermarket round the corner, I could've bought the stuff there myself - if I hadn't bought a load of much nicer stuff from the gorgeous deli next door :rolleyes:

Two pairs of glasses? Luxury! Sheer luxury. :)

Necessity! when you continually lose one pair ... oh, OK, yes, it's on my head again :eek:

My optician gives 50% discount on a second pair to the same prescription but I can use cheap supermarket reading glasses for occasionaly reading such as a menu.

Mine gave me one pair free!
:)

Well,, they tried hard to persuade me to have a second designer pair for half price, but I persisted in pointing out that they had advertised a second pair free and when I tried on the cheap free pair they looked very sweet. I was in high hopes that wearing glasses would mean people took me more seriously. I mean, look at this woman. You would immediately assume she can teach statistics, wouldn't you?

10a597f85074857512af5c64a301a693.jpg

Mine gave me one pair free!

Well,, they tried hard to persuade me to have a second designer pair for half price, but I persisted in pointing out that they had advertised a second pair free and when I tried on the cheap free pair they looked very sweet. I was in high hopes that wearing glasses would mean people took me more seriously. I mean, look at this woman. You would immediately assume she can teach statistics, wouldn't you?

Took me several goes to realise she was wearing glasses.
I put that down to the light . . .

My pal confessed to me that he's quit being an alumni interviewer of student applicants.

His reason: he was no longer able to explain how admissions decisions are made. It's become completely random and inchoate. Valedictorians who are class officers, children of alumni(ae) and three-sport athletes are being turned down.

The fat lady has sung.

It's over.

I thought I'd save some money by buying Jolly Time's "American's Best" White Pop Corn (8 oz., $3.49 ) instead of what I normally purchase: Orville Reddenbacher's White Popping Corn (8 oz., $6.49).

After extended testing and consumption using a hot air popper, I've reached a conclusion.

While both brands are quite satisfactory in terms of taste and leaving few unpopped kernels, the Orville Reddenbacher White Popping Corn produces larger, plumper popcorn. In order to fill the same container, I need put only 3/8ths of a cup of the Orville Reddenbacher in the popper. The same container requires a full ½ cup of the Jolly Time "American's Best" popping corn.

I'll be opting for the Orville Reddenbacher White Popping Corn in the future.

The fat lady has sung.

It's over.

I thought I'd save some money by buying Jolly Time's "American's Best" White Pop Corn (8 oz., $3.49 ) instead of what I normally purchase: Orville Reddenbacher's White Popping Corn (8 oz., $6.49).

After extended testing and consumption using a hot air popper, I've reached a conclusion.

While both brands are quite satisfactory in terms of taste and leaving few unpopped kernels, the Orville Reddenbacher White Popping Corn produces larger, plumper popcorn. In order to fill the same container, I need put only 3/8ths of a cup of the Orville Reddenbacher in the popper. The same container requires a full ½ cup of the Jolly Time "American's Best" popping corn.

Do cups get calibrated in eights ?

ROTBERT sounds more like something from Dilbert, don't it ?

That said, William the Bastard getting the crown is not something many of us celebrate.

fredgraph.png

For the twenty-five years since 1990, the price of gasoline is right in-line with the rate of inflation:

fredgraph.png

I managed an 8-minute mile on the elliptical trainer for the first time since I broke the ankle...I'm sure the nausea will fade soon. :cool:

Towards the end of each December I set up a folder with the part finished stories I didn't complete during the year.

Although I posted a significant number of stories on Literotica in 2015, I had to transfer 256 files to the 2016 folder.

How many of those will I finish next year? 3? 4? perhaps 5?

How many more will I transfer at the end of 2016?

Probably more than 300.

Sigh.

I was in high hopes that wearing glasses would mean people took me more seriously. I mean, look at this woman. You would immediately assume she can teach statistics, wouldn't you?

So many students hate studying stats. Perhaps if I hired her, she would inject some vitality into the subject. :rolleyes:

Now I know why I wrote specs into that sex scene!

I was chatting to a woman at a party one time and suddenly told her she looked really familiar.

"You remind me of my aunt," I said. she went cold and wouldn't talk to me the rest of the night.

I was at a store one time and ran into a woman I hadn't seen in 20 years.

"Oh, who's this ? Your mom?" I said, asking for an introduction to her companion who had a strong resemblance.

'My sister."

I thought understood myself, my life and my place in the world then I met someone who made me feel just as confused as anyone I've ever met. Why? I really don't know. What purpose does this serve except chaos? All I can seem to do is wait it out.

I thought understood myself, my life and my place in the world then I met someone who made me feel just as confused as anyone I've ever met. Why? I really don't know. What purpose does this serve except chaos? All I can seem to do is wait it out.

Well, this is that time of year for it. . . .

The fat lady has sung.

It's over.

Were those microwave popcorns or could you cook them properly in a pan?

(Can you make images smaller when you upload them? Those ones about fuel just about fit on my enormous laptop screen so they must be stretching the thread for everyone-else.
:heart:)

I'm off to the shops to buy a tight fitting polo shirt. It's retail therapy: I look good in them. Any suggestions for colour? I hope the shops are open on a bank holiday.

I'm off to the shops to buy a tight fitting polo shirt. It's retail therapy: I look good in them. Any suggestions for colour? I hope the shops are open on a bank holiday.

I suggest you consider an England rugby shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back