The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

At this hour, cmslt2326, who's been so supportive to so many here, is in surgery for a hip replacement and other lovely stuff.

Her doctors hope this will somewhat relieve the pain. When cmslt2326 says it hurts, one can only imagine.

Do give her a shout-out.

My mother has been told she has weeks, maybe months left to live.This has happened a lot sooner than I expected. I think I am in shock as it hasn’t really hit me yet. I should be able to take time to stay with my parents on and off pretty easily, which I am glad about.
Just scared of what lies ahead.

Sorry for the journey you and your family will travel! Thankfully you can spend time with them! :rose:

At this hour, cmslt2326, who's been so supportive to so many here, is in surgery for a hip replacement and other lovely stuff.

Her doctors hope this will somewhat relieve the pain. When cmslt2326 says it hurts, one can only imagine.

Do give her a shout-out.

You are in my thoughts cmslt2326! *Huge hugs*

Today is the 10th anniversary of my mom’s passing from bladder cancer. I think about her every day. The emotional roller coaster has flattened out some but I still get irritable around special days like today (which happens to be my dads birthday).

You are in my thoughts cmslt2326! *Huge hugs*

Thank you so much scotluvsoral...

Ok guys.... first of all in case I have not said it recently Cancer Sucks.

Sorry it has been a bit since I posted but as you have heard I have had ANOTHER complication...

An old injury (prior to the breast cancer) did not heal correctly because my chemo made my blood as thick as sludge and hemolytic ( full of dead blood red cells) so the top of my femur (thigh bone) died.
A simple fall earlier this year broke the dead bone and I was walking on it. A bone scan accidentally found it and because of the original injury and the dead femoral neck it was determined I needed a full hip replacement with hardware removal.

Monday the 12th I got all previous plates and screws removed...all dead bone removed and my thigh bone and hip replaced. I can finally hope that this complication is the last, final heartbreak from this miserable disease...Thanks for listening guys....

Sorry it has been a bit since I posted but as you have heard I have had ANOTHER complication...

An old injury (prior to the breast cancer) did not heal correctly because my chemo made my blood as thick as sludge and hemolytic ( full of dead blood red cells) so the top of my femur (thigh bone) died.
A simple fall earlier this year broke the dead bone and I was walking on it. A bone scan accidentally found it and because of the original injury and the dead femoral neck it was determined I needed a full hip replacement with hardware removal.

Monday the 12th I got all previous plates and screws removed...all dead bone removed and my thigh bone and hip replaced. I can finally hope that this complication is the last, final heartbreak from this miserable disease...Thanks for listening guys....

*Big Hug* Welcome back sweetie!!! Hopefully the thieving bastard is done with you!!! FUCK YOU CANCER!!!!! :rose::rose::rose:

Cancer does suck. Welcome back :rose:

FYC!

My mother has been told she has weeks, maybe months left to live.This has happened a lot sooner than I expected. I think I am in shock as it hasn’t really hit me yet. I should be able to take time to stay with my parents on and off pretty easily, which I am glad about.

Oh Lucy. What a kick in the head, gut, heart. This unknown is scary. My heart is with you and your family.

:heart:

Cancer has ravaged our family. Cancer has taken many. Cancer has effected many that are still here in recovery.

Cancer has my 5 year old Niece battling a long hard battle for her life. She just had tumors removed from her lungs and kidneys. Bless her heart she call her scar on her neck a Shark Bite. Always smiling with her beautiful bald head.

My sister underwent surgery and had all of her reproductive organs removed with some thyroids. She is undergoing treatment as well. Supposedly the Drs removed all of the Cancer but you never know.

You live each day as there tomorrow is not guaranteed. Love as there is no tomorrow. No regrets.

Blessings for your niece and your sister. One day at a time it is!

As hard as it is to believe it's been 10 months now---and such a roller coaster ride...everytime I feel like I'm getting comfortable and dealing with her death....I seem to slip back.....Trying to figure it all out....

It's hard to figure out, isn't it? (((hugs)))

Today is the 10th anniversary of my mom’s passing from bladder cancer. I think about her every day. The emotional roller coaster has flattened out some but I still get irritable around special days like today (which happens to be my dads birthday).

Roller coaster is a good way to put it. Glad you have some flatter days! Hoping you get through those days that are bigger reminders. :rose:

Wow! You've been through so much. Sending you lots of good thoughts that you heal in the right way from this. :rose::heart:

Oh Lucy. What a kick in the head, gut, heart. This unknown is scary. My heart is with you and your family.

Thank you cookiecat :rose:
I am back home this week but will be able to re-join my parents next week. Mum is so strong. Dad seems strong too. I know that might not continue. I am doing my best to be strong for them too and bring some happy times with me to share with them. It all still seems a bit unreal.

Cancer does suck. Welcome back :rose:

FYC!

Thanks LucyBee...

I did notice none of you cured the cellfucker in my time away so until that happens we will support each other on here. Some of the best listeners in the world on this sight. Thanks again guys for having my back.

Wow! You've been through so much. Sending you lots of good thoughts that you heal in the right way from this. :rose::heart:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Cookiecat...yes this is a disease that can get to you long after the initial treatments with multiple side effects. Thank God for so many of you guys and this thread where we can talk, yell, cry, rant or whatever and someone will always lift your spirits. This thread literally kept me sane during the past several years and lots and lots of doctor/hospital visits.

Thanks for the good thoughts...sending them and a big hug right back at ya'.

I am four months out from my husband's death (from ALS). Some days, he is so far from me - I cannot feel him anymore. Other days, he is so close, I imagine what he feels like, kissing him, holding his hand that couldn't hold mine back.... his death feels like yesterday.

It is true, what Keroin shared - the grief no longer consumes me. The waves are at 50 feet, not 100. I can breathe. Daily moments of sadness hit me at the strangest times. Doing the jumble (something we did every day), a song, a picture in the oral thread - the smallest things tear at my heart, take my breath away for a minute. I cry and then move on.

This is something I found helpful:

wAmQ2YL.jpg

Sending you big, huge, comforting hugs. I wish everyone would understand something....grief is personal and no one, absolutely no one, gets to tell another how to grieve...not in what way...and especially not for how long. Away or not I still pray for you and Apple for your life-changing losses.

Awww LucyBee...praying you will enjoy whatever time is left with your Mom and praying for clarity for you as well.

I am really glad you are OK and back cmslt2326! And Emmy got a great report yesterday, so I will take this week as a win!! At least for now *big hug*:rose::rose::rose:

I am really glad you are OK and back cmslt2326! And Emmy got a great report yesterday, so I will take this week as a win!! At least for now *big hug*:rose::rose::rose:

No bouncing until the hip replacement heals...lol...but it is on the schedule when Dr. says I can...

Last edited:

I’m so sorry, Lucy. There’s no easy way through this. I hope you know though, that the small moments with her and your dad, and the gestures you make mean a great deal. I can’t recall feeling more helpless or more useless than when my mom was dying. And yet, the small things really do matter, and are the things that stick.

Just do what you can, be there and try to take care of yourself. I promise that, as brief and insubstantial as these small efforts seem, they are powerful and exactly enough.

It's hard to figure out, isn't it? (((hugs)))[/QUOTE]

Thanx for understanding----probably most difficult thing Ive ever tried to work thru

I’m so sorry, Lucy. There’s no easy way through this. I hope you know though, that the small moments with her and your dad, and the gestures you make mean a great deal. I can’t recall feeling more helpless or more useless than when my mom was dying. And yet, the small things really do matter, and are the things that stick.

Just do what you can, be there and try to take care of yourself. I promise that, as brief and insubstantial as these small efforts seem, they are powerful and exactly enough.

Thank you DGE for sharing and for your comments :rose:
Thank you all. It is good to have somewhere to vent. Unfortunately I have been a bit unwell this past week so haven’t been visiting, but hope to go sometime next week. Glad I can talk with them over the phone in the meantime. Mum is in pretty good spirits.

Back