Foodgasms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been considering putting together a hard copy cookbook of Foodgasm recipes for a little while now. Not only are there some amazing recipes in the index, but also it’s a pain to constantly have to print off the ones I want or haul my laptop into the kitchen. I wasn’t sure how I wanted to go about the process, but was recently introduced to the Tastebook website (www.tastebook.com). Like many of the photo album sites, it allows you to create your own book, choosing the design, recipes, etc. Also, it allows you to import and export recipes to others. Best of all, you don’t have to actually join (it’s free) in order to see the book. Anyone can purchase the finished book from the site, if interested, or just access the recipes from there.

I’ve titled the book “Foodgasms”…duh, but the only lit reference is the poster’s member name next to the recipe title. There are ten sections in the book and it allows up to 100 recipes. I’m going to attempt to choose a well-rounded variety to fill the book, though there are certainly enough recipes to fill specialty ones (soups, all desserts, holiday, etc.).

Because there are so many posts to choose from, I’m going to try to restrict this to “tried and true” recipes. Ones that the poster, or others from the thread have tried. Many of these are easily spotted by their descriptions, but there are a few I’m not sure about. *Also, the first recipes I’m going through are those by “regulars” to the thread. There are quite a few single recipe entries by people who haven’t returned. For those of you who have contributed a large number of recipes (Hi, Tatiana!), I’ll probably need your assistance in choosing a few favorites.

*Yes, this means I’m going to include one of Pete’s jello masterpieces.

At this time I’ve only put a few recipes in, but if you want to check it out, this is the link…

Foodgasm Cookbook

Feel free to suggest any of your favorite recipes from the thread and let me know any changes that need to be made if you notice any errors. Also, if you have a photo to include (that isn’t here) I can upload those as well.

The finished hardbound, spiral books are $34.95, but again this is something I’m doing for selfish reasons and there’s no personal benefit gained if others purchase one. I just thought it would be a fun idea and wanted to open it up to everyone.

I love flipping through the preview pages. It's going to be absolutely beautiful, and I can't wait to hold it in my hands and use it in my kitchen. You rock, baby.

And I want to extend my gratitude, once again, to all of the amazing Foodies, here. Without you people, this thread would be nothing.
 
Collette, I saw this and thought of you. I need to find this!!!

Sheridan’s Coffee Layered Liqueur
sheridans1.jpg

http://www.notcot.com/archives/2008/02/sheridans_coffe.php
 
Good lord, that's ridiculous! It's dirt cheap over here, but I don't like how the cream side runs out first.
I started to whine about how that isn't fair, then I remembered your coffee situation. You can add the Sheridan's to make it taste better! ;)
If you have Canadian friends... Have them send you some. It's sold in liquor stores here.
Good idea!
 
I love flipping through the preview pages. It's going to be absolutely beautiful, and I can't wait to hold it in my hands and use it in my kitchen. You rock, baby.

And I want to extend my gratitude, once again, to all of the amazing Foodies, here. Without you people, this thread would be nothing.

She got me all excited about the book. I can't wait! I really want one.

And she does rock!
 
I decided that I needed to do something with all the apples that have stockpiled in my fridge. I was considering some sort of fruit crisp, then remembered Tatiana's Jewish Apple Cake recipe.

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=20336443&postcount=1656

I decided to make it in a Bundt 4-loaf pan rather than a tube (I wanted to freeze some) and it turned out wonderfully moist and scrumptious. The decorative design didn't show up as well (lumpy apples), but they're the perfect size for my son and I.

52737.jpg


Great recipe, Tati!
 
I have discovered parsley, the lowly herb.

I used to leave it out, I thought it was optional.

Now I can't get enough of it.
 
I used to sneer at parsley, too. As many do, I looked upon it as mere garnish. Culinary frippery. But now it is one of my favorite herbs. Vernal, verdant, vibrant.
 
Collette, that is such a great idea that you did in putting together that cookbook. I follow this thread and I most definitely will purchase one. Thank you for all of your effort on this!
 
and your breath is better for it, too.

what's not to like?

I'm big into the garlic-EVOO-parsely sauce for pasta these days.

Add black olives, or capers, or anchovies (imported) or pecorino romano, etc.

Super simple, but so fucking good, if you have my special non-garlic-burning technique.
 
Collette, that is such a great idea that you did in putting together that cookbook. I follow this thread and I most definitely will purchase one. Thank you for all of your effort on this!
You're most welcome! I'm having fun putting it together.


You know, it's never too late to add a few more...;) Feel free to submit a favorite!
 
I'm big into the garlic-EVOO-parsely sauce for pasta these days.

Add black olives, or capers, or anchovies (imported) or pecorino romano, etc.

Super simple, but so fucking good, if you have my special non-garlic-burning technique.

Impart your technique, sils vous plait.

The simplest sauces are the best. Fresh and light. If you want to try a twist, add a bit of lemon zest. Let it infuse the oil. Some red pepper flakes (or other source of capsaicinic goodness) would not go amiss, either.
 
simplest recipe ever. well, almost.

this has got more taste than you'll think for from just looking at the ingredients.

trust me. this is chicken essence.

3.5-4 pound cut up chicken. (drumsticks, thighs, wings, breasts quartered, back and neck)
kosher salt to taste
2 TBS unsalted butter
small whole onion, peeled
small leafy celery rib
5 C water
1.5 C white rice (short grain is great if you'll eat it in one serving; long makes better leftovers)

1. wash and dry chicken bits; season thoroughly with salt;

2. heat butter in dutch oven over medium heat until frothy but not brown. add chicken and coat with butter; turn and cook for about 5 minutes until pale gold.

3. add onions and celery. cover pot tightly. reduce heat to very low and cook 20 minutes.

4. remove lid, add 5 cups of water, cover partially, turn heat up slightly, cook for another 35 minutes.

5. remove veggies. adjust seasoning. (it should be salty because the rice will soak up the seasoning.)

6. stir in the rice. cover. cook at a low simmer--35 to 40 minutes.

7. most but not all of the water should be absorbed by the rice. it'll be a little soupy. remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes.

looks plain. isn't.
 
Last edited:
I dig simple, CJack. Wringing maximum flavor from each ingredient. Good stuff.

Can you give me a name for that one, for Indexing porpoises?
 
Impart your technique, sils vous plait.

The simplest sauces are the best. Fresh and light. If you want to try a twist, add a bit of lemon zest. Let it infuse the oil. Some red pepper flakes (or other source of capsaicinic goodness) would not go amiss, either.

I'm discovering the zenlike depths of simplicity, having tried my hand at the complicated and hifalutin recipes of French chefs and such, and failed

I always feel like a humble beginner in this thread. When asked to share a technique, I feel like Jack Abbott writing to Norman Mailer in Belly of The Beast....


...It is as if I were sitting in an audience listening to fine gentlemen and scholars deliver speeches and discourses on things of reverence to me. Then one of them suddenly looks across the numberless audience directly at me and says: "It's your turn, Jack. Come up here and say something."....


My technique is this: I smash and grind the garlic into paste with a half-thimbleful of kosher salt and this implement:

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii152/rosco_rathbone/problemsolverandwizzie.jpg

Then I add the oil and garlic to my cast iron skillet with the heat off, and then cook at a very low flame for about 7-9 ,minutes, stirring constantly with clsoe attention, tasting frequently. There's a sweet spot you have to catch, but you won't miss it if you focus. One one side, it tastes raw, on the other side, bitter.
 
I dig simple, CJack. Wringing maximum flavor from each ingredient. Good stuff.

Can you give me a name for that one, for Indexing porpoises?

scott peacock's mama's chicken and rice? : /
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top