Foodgasms

Status
Not open for further replies.
thør said:
plus, it's a snorkel hood with a fur ruff......pretty nice in there.....

Fur is murder!!!1!!1

*storms off in a huff, throwing on my lambskin blazer in a fit of self-righteous outrage*

tortoise said:
Fur is murder!!!1!!1

*storms off in a huff, throwing on my lambskin blazer in a fit of self-righteous outrage*
if yer head is cold, you can borrow the beaver hat.........it's unsheared black beaver......the warmest kind

So, my Halloween recipie, per my av:

Catch one seal.

Eat it. Be sure to share with the children.

15559183_240x240_Front.jpg

thør said:
So, my Halloween recipie, per my av:

Catch one seal.

Eat it. Be sure to share with the children.

This is your very first recipe in the Index. Congratulations!

Collette said:
Oh look! *points* Your Hard Peter's up, too!

*peals of laughter*

I adore you so hard it makes my head spin.

:heart:

Okay. Off to hand out candy!

Since this town's best steak house closed down, I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what kind of marinade/sauce/glaze that the restaurant used to make their steaks so yummy. It was kind of fruity, but not too much.

I've been experimenting by using, Worchesterchireshirechire? sauce, a little soy sauce, minced garlic and raspberry jam. I brush this on the steaks during their last few minutes of broiling or grilling. It's good, but not the same stuff.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? I'd really like to find an actual recipe to follow or to even use as a base for what I'm attempting to recreate.

Thank you for your time. :)

Delicacy said:
Since this town's best steak house closed down, I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what kind of marinade/sauce/glaze that the restaurant used to make their steaks so yummy. It was kind of fruity, but not too much.

I've been experimenting by using, Worchesterchireshirechire? sauce, a little soy sauce, minced garlic and raspberry jam. I brush this on the steaks during their last few minutes of broiling or grilling. It's good, but not the same stuff.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? I'd really like to find an actual recipe to follow or to even use as a base for what I'm attempting to recreate.

Do you think it had raspberries in it? Maybe some whole berries instead of the jam? Maybe salmonberries?

We tried a gooseberry glaze on salmon this fall (once the gooseberries were ripe). Quite tasty on grilled salmon.

I make a KILLER spaghetti which is actually a vegetarian recipie. I'm sort of drooling just thinking about it.

The first time I made it, I realized after eating it that it had no meat in it. It was so damned good that I didn't care. I got it from the recipie book Eat, Shrink, And Be Merry.

It features a lot of onion in it, but isn't overpowering at all because of the way it's cooked.

Delicacy said:

I was watching a show today on Food Network that had a sweet/spicy sauce. It was a mixture using a jar of apricot jelly, a jar of chili garlic sauce, and a tablespoon of worcestershire sauce. It was used on meatballs, but I thought it'd be good on other things.

thør said:
Do you think it had raspberries in it? Maybe some whole berries instead of the jam? Maybe salmonberries?

We tried a gooseberry glaze on salmon this fall (once the gooseberries were ripe). Quite tasty on grilled salmon.

It was a smooth & seedless glaze. It may not even had fruit.

The restaurant was called The Grubstake. I sure miss it.

Collette said:
I was watching a show today on Food Network that had a sweet/spicy sauce. It was a mixture using a jar of apricot jelly, a jar of chili garlic sauce, and a tablespoon of worcestershire sauce. It was used on meatballs, but I thought it'd be good on other things.

I'll have to give that combination a try.
I'm surprised I didn't see that show myself. I'm a bit of a Food Network junkie.

Delicacy said:
It was a smooth & seedless glaze. It may not even had fruit.

The restaurant was called The Grubstake. I sure miss it.
probably not a seedy fruit if it had fruit.....

Did they shut down when Veco quit passing out $$?

They're cajun-style. I got 'em at some swamp boogie place down bayou.

I hope Pete left me some pineapple swill in the fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back