The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub and All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive. All are welcome!

Ty yes

It kicked my ass pretty good for two weeks. Docs don’t seem to like giving out antibiotics so by day 10 I pretty much demanded them, and it cleared up within two days of taking them. Needless obstinance.

Oh well, now I can finally enjoy some spring weather

Happy Sunday!!! Cup #1 is done and #2 is coming up. Making the list for grocery shooping (like Lisa Douglas would say.) Rain is on its way, and it ain't gettin' very warm here today.

So it looks like my s'ghetti sauce isn't quite so lame but might could use some different ingredients. Maybe I'm being too hard on it. Maybe I should cook some today since it's chillier.

224836_62abc2441b885.jpg
It's cooler here today, too. Yesterday was 70s; today is 50s.

You should make your sauce how you like it!

Look at Fred hanging out on the car! 😍

My never fail recipe for gravy/marinara sauce/sketti sauce.

1/3 -1/2 c of olive oil
Sautee the following in the bottom of a pot
3 good heaping tbsp of basil (fresh is best)
3 tbsp of oregano
3 tbs of parsley
2 fresh garlic minced (you can used powdered if you need to, just don’t tell me)
1/2 an onion finely diced

Sauté the above until it turns very slightly brown. (You have to be careful at this point because it’s easy to get the herbs to burn… have your three cans of crushed tomatoes open and at the ready…)

(Some people might add a little bit of red wine)

Then quickly add 3-4 cans of crushed tomatoes.

Simmer on low heat for ~2 hours and keep stirring to avoid burning.

(You can cook it for as little as 30-45 mins but I think the flavor really comes out with a longer simmer)

Salt and pepper to taste.
This sounds good! Mine is similar except I cook the meat first then add the herbs and veg. We like onions so I always add one large onion, rough diced. I might add a bit more garlic. And wine. Always wine! 🍷

Ty yes

It kicked my ass pretty good for two weeks. Docs don’t seem to like giving out antibiotics so by day 10 I pretty much demanded them, and it cleared up within two days of taking them. Needless obstinance.

Oh well, now I can finally enjoy some spring weather
The reason antibiotics are withheld is because they are completely ineffective for viral infections. You probably had a bacterial infection on top of the viral infection. It happens when your body is weakened from the virus, bacteria then invade.

Overuse of antibiotics has lead to increasing strains of antibiotic resistant bacteria. They will cause our extinction.

Glad you're better. Still, be nice to yourself. Take it easy for a while! 🤗🤗

Back