The Left's Favorite Myth

So they deserve death by cops more than others.

Got it.
No you don't "get it." Last year cops were shot and killed in numbers 23 times higher than black males shot by cops. The alleged "problem" with black male shooting deaths is minuscule compared to the number of the nation's police officers shot and killed on the job.

No you don't "get it." Last year cops were shot and killed in numbers 23 times higher than black males shot by cops. The alleged "problem" with black male shooting deaths is minuscule compared to the number of the nation's police officers shot and killed on the job.

Cops being killed is definitely a sad thing, but it doesn't cancel out the issue of blacks being killed disproportionately by cops. They are two different issues with a large number of variables.

As I posted, cops killed more people than ever in 2023. That is a bad thing as well.... And each problem deserves thoughtful discussion and problem solving

Your entire focus is truly about the left, as usual. You don't want to solve problems.... You just want to blame the left for them all.

Cops being killed is definitely a sad thing, but it doesn't cancel out the issue of blacks being killed disproportionately by cops. They are two different issues with a large number of variables.

Not the least of which is that black males commit a majority of violent crimes in the US which places them with far more contact with law enforcement than other demographic. When we speak of black males who commit crimes we have to note that they only account 6.5 % of the black population writ large and when you adjust for the number of black males who are either too small or too old to commit crimes the percentage of those committing crimes shrinks even further. That number of black males is presently responsible for over 50% of the violent crime in America. That's fact.
As I posted, cops killed more people than ever in 2023. That is a bad thing as well.... And each problem deserves thoughtful discussion and problem solving

Those shootings are placed under microscopic scrutiny by police, politicians, and civilians who have zero experience with having their life threatened or having had to make a split-second life or death decision.
Your entire focus is truly about the left, as usual. You don't want to solve problems.... You just want to blame the left for them all.
The left is the origin of much of the civil strife and social decay we see today.

No, you're an idiot who doesn't read your own posts.

19 black people were shot and killed, 46 cops were shot and killed.

That's a bit over double, not 23 times.

That's the gist of the OP argument
The facts speak for themselves and we've been over this before. No matter which way you play the numbers or what you choose to use as the "normalized base" there is a serious crime problem in the black community. Politicians can't solve the problem and neither can white liberals. The only solution is going to come from within the community itself and that community is going to need the help of the police and the courts.

Referring back to the numbers it is obvious that blacks are LESS likely to be shot by the police than other ethnic groups, including whites. And the "why" of that needs to be explored as well.

The facts speak for themselves and we've been over this before. No matter which way you play the numbers or what you choose to use as the "normalized base" there is a serious crime problem in the black community. Politicians can't solve the problem and neither can white liberals. The only solution is going to come from within the community itself and that community is going to need the help of the police and the courts.
Yes, you are blaming the black community and are relying on them to fix things.

There are many different parts of this.... It is going to take cooperation from everyone.

Referring back to the numbers it is obvious that blacks are LESS likely to be shot by the police than other ethnic groups, including whites. And the "why" of that needs to be explored as well.
That's not actually what the numbers say.

Not the least of which is that black males commit a majority of violent crimes in the US which places them with far more contact with law enforcement than other demographic. When we speak of black males who commit crimes we have to note that they only account 6.5 % of the black population writ large and when you adjust for the number of black males who are either too small or too old to commit crimes the percentage of those committing crimes shrinks even further. That number of black males is presently responsible for over 50% of the violent crime in America. That's fact.
Youre leaving out multiple parts of the statistics, such as over policing, more convictions of non whites for the same crimes
.. etc.

Those shootings are placed under microscopic scrutiny by police, politicians, and civilians who have zero experience with having their life threatened or having had to make a split-second life or death decision.
Bullshit.

The left is the origin of much of the civil strife and social decay we see today.
Yes, you focus on the left being the problem because you want to blame the left for everything.

They don't start shooting at the "slightest provocation." That's why 23 times more cops were killed on the job last year than black males.
Not true. Tamir Rice and Philando Castile among others.

I don't think the issue is the adjective describing the people shot, it is that people were shot. The only color that seems to matter in the conversation is blue. When the shot person is dead, there are no longer two stories as to what happened but only one. And cops have lots of (cop) witnesses.

Based on my contacts with young cops (I eschew the term "officer" for multiple reasons) in the last 10 or 15 years, they typically seem to have an attitude problem. One spent his time covering his sidearm during a routine traffic stop. I declined to search for the document he requested, stating that he could look it up on his car computer and that it was worth a bullet.

Yes it does. You just don't want to know the truth. I have posted the FBI UCR data on race involvement in violent crime several times here on Lit.
What you have posted are statistics of criminal offences, guess what dumbfuck, if the cops don't charge you, or profile you, you don't become part of the statistic. The statistics also showed more blacks are murdered than whites, and whites shoot more blacks, than blacks shoot whites.

In other words, there are more white murder crimes than black....don't believe me, go post that statistic again, and save me the trouble of looking it up to embarrass you further....

Cops have been getting shot since before you were ejected from your whore of a mother's rotted twat. It has nothing to do with the Left, you histrionic dumbfuck.
You’re such a brave little keyboard warrior. You talk too much.

In 2024, according to the FBI, since I have no idea where your data came from, 178 civilians in 2024 have been shot to the end of March. Of those 32 were black. Of the 178 2 were unarmed, both blacks.

I say bullshit to the article statement of "I'd say those numbers are remarkable. What other profession could withstand such scrutiny"

In Canada there were 8 people shot and killed by police (2022 is the latest available). None of whom were unarmed. There are millions of police interactions here too.

There is zero room in policing to make mistakes, zero!! 16 is far too many, and slapping each other on the back over that is reprehensible.
Each one of those cases has its own particulars and we’re probably justified. Unless you served in that capacity, faced a *his life or mine* scenario you don’t know jack shit. Canada 39 million as compared to 334 million US citizens.

You’re such a brave little keyboard warrior. You talk too much.
You sound like you're going to do something about it.

15e72b99f2e63add81fdd78ba964960f29035b8c.gif

Yes, it is. You're playing moral high ground for no reason and my sarcasm represented that.
I’m a realist. Each case has its own set of circumstances. A wise person would examine the facts for each case before laying blame. Unarmed doesn’t mean not capable of using deadly force.

Back