The Legacy Of BLM Is Clear

The point you seem to be missing is: Let's say two men rob two different liquor stores. Both are criminals. Both deserve to go to jail. One is a black man, the second is a white man.

The black man is more likely to be caught- which isn't so bad- cops do their job and catch the bad guy. Right? But when the white robber is caught, he is far more likely to receive a lighter sentence than the black guy for the same crime.

Or a third and all-too common possibility is, a different black man is caught and convicted for the robbery committed by the white man, despite scant (if any) evidence tying him to the crime. And another sadly all too common possibility, when the cops stop to question the innocent accused robber, he reaches for his ID in his wallet, and the trigger happy cop claims "he was reaching for a gun" and shoots him.

This should have been about justice and equality, not corruption and being divisive. I will agree that there was, however, a certain unsavory element of the Black Lives Matter movemenent (e.g. Angela Davis) with ties to extremist and questionable views, and there certainly was some greed and corruption involved as well with some elements of it. That does not mean I disagree with it's overarching goals.
I haven’t missed the point. This argument never changes. Racism is because people are racist. It’s not this monolithic institution hanging over our society. It’s each individual person believing skin color makes us different. Every time you say “blacks” when referring to people, you keep up the racism. Not because it’s wrong to group people, but because of the negative connotation implied. When have you said blacks when talking about something other than crime, unequal treatment or something negative? What other groups are referred to by skin color? We don’t call Asian people yellows or Mexicans browns. Do your part to stop racism by not being racist. It will never change if you don’t change yourself.

I haven’t missed the point. This argument never changes. Racism is because people are racist. It’s not this monolithic institution hanging over our society. It’s each individual person believing skin color makes us different. Every time you say “blacks” when referring to people, you keep up the racism. Not because it’s wrong to group people, but because of the negative connotation implied. When have you said blacks when talking about something other than crime, unequal treatment or something negative? What other groups are referred to by skin color? We don’t call Asian people yellows or Mexicans browns. Do your part to stop racism by not being racist. It will never change if you don’t change yourself.
Unequal treatment doesn't require racism. If blacks are unfairly treated under the law, they are.

Acknowledging it doesn't cause division...it recognizes that division is already there. Hiding from that doesn't eliminate it.

Adding - wanting more equal treatment of blacks by Police and the justice system is not a divisive request.

Blacks' treatment by police and the justice system has never been the same as other races. Acknowledging that isn't meant to divide us...it's meant to bring attention to existing division.

How about stop committing crimes and you won’t need to worry about the police and unequal treatment?

^^^
Just so we're clear: the above response is racist as hell. 🤔

No acknowledgement of individualism. Just a straight-up suggestion that one race of people is more criminally inclined than another - and that the only factor involved is melatonin.

The racist can add whatever it chooses to try and clarify subsequently. Not gonna fix this.

Facial recognition has more false positives with dark skin, which cities want to use more as they struggle to keep enough cops.

Adding - wanting more equal treatment of blacks by Police and the justice system is not a divisive request.
I’m half black and you’re not, so my opinion counts more. Or is it because I’m black my opinion counts less? I’m not sure how the system of “others requesting things on my behalf because I’m obviously not capable” works. I’m sure you’ll let me know.

I’m half black and you’re not, so my opinion counts more. Or is it because I’m black my opinion counts less? I’m not sure how the system of “others requesting things on my behalf because I’m obviously not capable” works. I’m sure you’ll let me know.
Lol....I don't care what color you are

If you are policed disproportionately and are sentenced disproportionately, for the same crimes, it's something that needs to be addressed.

If you want that to continue, that's your.opinion. and I certainly think less of you.

Well I'm 75% black so I got you outgunned 😂😂😂

If you are really half black then why do you continually espouse full-on white nationalist propaganda?

Or do you mean, your last NAME is "Black." As in "Hedvig Goebbels Black." Okay, I get it. That makes sense.

Otherwise, you are like a woman saying "Please oppress me, I am worthless, I want an abusive man to treat me like shit."

Back