If Gender can Be Changed Why Not race?

Yes, the left has now established an infinite number of ideological or imagined "genders" and "pronouns" for describing the kaleidoscopic collection of abnormal behaviors that inhabit their body politic, but for normal people, the word gender for the most part refers to the male or female gender. :D
Fair enough point.
I don’t call anyone by their preferred gender or sexual affiliation, I call them by their names. I treat people the way they treat me. Everyone starts on square 1, total respect till they deserve different.
Presumeably you do address unknown people with sir or ma'am, for example "Excuse me, sir/ma'am"?

That's one example I can think of off the top my head. The key issue there of course being 'unknown person'.
Are you saying that you know the names of all seven billion people on the planet? Or do you never refer to anyone that you're not directly addressing?
Since when does any person have the right to dictate what others can say in a conversation they're not part of?

Fair enough point.

Presumeably you do address unknown people with sir or ma'am, for example "Excuse me, sir/ma'am"?

That's one example I can think of off the top my head. The key issue there of course being 'unknown person'.

Since when does any person have the right to dictate what others can say in a conversation they're not part of?
When addressing a stranger ya go by outward appearances and hope for the best. Sir, Ma’am, miss or mister is usually pretty safe.

The argument seems to be you referring to someone else not part of the conversation. For example, "Where's Joe? He's over there."
My point is why are the loony toons trying to make a federal case out of addressing someone?

When addressing a stranger ya go by outward appearances and hope for the best. Sir, Ma’am, miss or mister is usually pretty safe.
I agree. However, there's rabid leftist who think that's unacceptable.
My point is why are the loony toons trying to make a federal case out of addressing someone?
My view is that it's an obvious attempt at thought/speech control.
Why do you care?
So then you agree people don't need to care about preferred pronouns of others.

I agree. However, there's rabid leftist who think that's unacceptable.

My view is that it's an obvious attempt at thought/speech control.

So then you agree people don't need to care about preferred pronouns of others.
I personally think that the whole pronoun controversy has gotten out of hand "on both sides". I consider myself a progressive/liberal Democrat, but even I have limits on the accommodations I'm willing to make. If I meet a transwoman and she wants to be called "miss" or "her", I'm more than happy to call her that. I will not call someone a "they", unless "they" happen to be plural. But I find it disgusting that conservatives out there belligerently call people by pronouns they don't accept, is either a lame attempt at being an alpha male or just to be hurtful, which is, well, deplorable.

If you have an issue with someone having opinions and discussions on a public forum, them going away isn't the answer.
I don't understand why someone would continue to debate a topic in which they claim to not have any interest. Apparently it's just playing devil's advocate because they don't have anything else better to do.

I don't understand why someone would continue to debate a topic in which they claim to not have any interest. Apparently it's just playing devil's advocate because they don't have anything else better to do.
Why do you care?

I personally think that the whole pronoun controversy has gotten out of hand "on both sides". I consider myself a progressive/liberal Democrat, but even I have limits on the accommodations I'm willing to make. If I meet a transwoman and she wants to be called "miss" or "her", I'm more than happy to call her that. I will not call someone a "they", unless "they" happen to be plural. But I find it disgusting that conservatives out there belligerently call people by pronouns they don't accept, is either a lame attempt at being an alpha male or just to be hurtful, which is, well, deplorable.
You have never in your life used the singular they/them/their? Why would you refuse to call someone by the the singular they/them/their if that is their preference? (oops, accidental use of the singular their..)

You have never in your life used the singular they/them/their? Why would you refuse to call someone by the the singular they/them/their if that is their preference? (oops, accidental use of the singular their..)
The "they/them/their" is used in the singular form when you don't know the gender of the person to whom you're referring. Otherwise, it is plural. Look, I support the LGBTQ community in virtually every way, from marriage equality on around the board. But I'm not going to change the way I was taught and have always used the English language to mollify a small minority of people. Call me old-fashioned, or call me conservative on that issue.

I also won't call a guy an "incel" just because he's too ugly or offensive to get laid.

Back