Taking a deep breath
The future is as obscured as the lake is dark
Remembering that there are sparkles everywhere
Even if they are just wet leaves on a pier
A glance over the shoulder
Grounds me
Past is prologue

5dc604201f00004f00dedd6a.jpeg

This is a lovely quote and I have a sense of what you mean by it.
There has been a rather long discussion in other places about the phrase "gift of submission"
I think it's a really interesting idea to think about and dissect. It might be interesting to take up that topic here, but for the moment, I will provide a link to the applicable thread.

I would be interested in others thoughts and reactions to how the concept of "gift" of submission resonates or does not resonate for them, either abstractly or within their relationship dynamic.

This is a very special thread and I'm glad it feels like a possible home. ❤️

is submission a gift?

And an older thread on the same topic:

submission is a gift

I believe in the beginning of vetting, the sub has equal say in the dynamic. I mean, throughout the dynamic, yes, they still have a say, don't get me wrong.. it should be a give and take, on both ends..
I think some (not all) Dom's think talking dirty, calling someone names makes them Dominant, and maybe some submissive women like that. That's cool, no kink shaming from me, trust me.
Other Dom's aren't weak because they're more emotional pleasure contributors.. it's just different styles.
I think a Dom and sub, if they're a match in their dynamic, are a gift to each other.
I've had only a couple dynamics of D/s so I'm no expert.
I love being my Dom's submissive... I'm lifted up daily, and though it's new, it feels right 🤩

https://www.healthline.com/health/healthy-sex/subspace-bdsm

So this happened to me yesterday...
I was making a video for my LDR Dom.. and the way he makes me feel about myself is like magic.. so while playing, (and yes, a little help from THC).. I went into a euphoric climax while saying his name repetitively...
Afterwards, I was shaky, so I did breathing exercises to relax from the "High"..

Anyways, your thoughts on subspace??

https://www.healthline.com/health/healthy-sex/subspace-bdsm

So this happened to me yesterday...
I was making a video for my LDR Dom.. and the way he makes me feel about myself is like magic.. so while playing, (and yes, a little help from THC).. I went into a euphoric climax while saying his name repetitively...
Afterwards, I was shaky, so I did breathing exercises to relax from the "High"..

Anyways, your thoughts on subspace??
Thoughts on subspace... there are whole threads on this topic.

1) it's a real thing
2) it is extremely powerful and when you are in it you are very vulnerable
3) it is critically important to create enough space/time to come out of subspace, self care, long distance care so that you are safe and emotionally intact afterwards
4) between sub frenzy and sub space and LDR it can be very complicated to manage
5) new Doms or new to LDR complications often underestimate the power of subspace and the amount of care their /s requires.

Having water and warm blanket and quick calories at hand have been very useful to me. Also making sure I can nap or not have to make any decisions, drive somewhere etc for several hours afterwards provides sufficient recovery time.

Back