Bi Discussion: A Weekly Discussion Thread for Bis and Those That Love Them

# 5

What was the event that started you questioning your sexuality? Did you need permission to question or did someone push you that way?

I'm trans and also on the autistic spectrum, so I don't understand the problem with one set of bits versus another. It's the person the matters to me and how we feel about each other. The only permissions I needed was to understand other people's stigma regarding sexuality and to figure out societal expectations based on their binary views.

"If you kiss her, then people will think it's strange"
"Why?" :confused::confused:

Are your same sex attractions equally romantic and sexual? Or do you find yourself more sexually attracted to someone than romantically? What about opposite sex?

I'm romantically led for sure and though there's a different dynamic f/f f/m I still need to be intrigued by the other person initially so I want to get to know them more. The sexual attraction is in there with both and the sex becomes a necessity when words simply aren't enough. I find sex with a guy is overwhelming in a great way, but with another woman it's more intimate and intuitive.

Last edited:
# 5

What was the event that started you questioning your sexuality?

I had always identified as straight, totally turned off by the idea of sex with another man. But one day while enjoying erotica, I found myself reading about two couples taking a stroll on the beach during which the two wives encouraged one man to suck the other man's cock.

On any other day, I would have quickly turned to another story, but there was something about this particular tale that I couldn't resist. It caused me to imagine having a hard cock in my own mouth and how I might react to the taste of cum. And I found it so compelling that I came back to that story time after time. The more I often read it, to more I wanted a man in my mouth, and soon, I started to wonder how it might feel to have a man fuck my ass.

It took time, but I've finally found the courage to act on these desires. And yes, I love cock, though I've not yet had one in my ass.

I haven't quit women, though. Much as I enjoy men, my desire for women remains strong. Guess I'll just have to indulge in both.

with me

# 5

What was the event that started you questioning your sexuality? Did you need permission to question or did someone push you that way?

The first time I thought I might be bi was looking at a Penthouse mag (b4 the internet was huge) and I found the guy and his large cock very hot.

Does flirting with one gender come more naturally to you? Have you had to work on feeling more confident socially and sexually with either gender?

It happens more naturally with ladies.
Beings I'm somewhat passive work to approach either gender is required.

#2 Signals

Do you pick up signals equally from each end of the gender spectrum? Have you ever talked yourself out of recognizing a signal or been told later that "it was so obvious"?

"Signals" come more often from women.
Both

Happy Pride!!

#3 For those hetero passing bis, does your partner know you're bisexual? To clarify, if you're in a relationship with an opposite sex partner are you open with them about your bisexuality?

Yes she does.
I'm open with my wife...and she enjoys/appreciates the fact.

Are your same sex attractions equally romantic and sexual? Or do you find yourself more sexually attracted to someone than romantically? What about opposite sex?

Sexual.
Romantically with the opposite sex and sexually with the same sex.

# 5

The first time I had sexual contact with a female.

...But one day while enjoying erotica, I found myself reading about two couples taking a stroll on the beach during which the two wives encouraged one man to suck the other man's cock.

Sounds like a good read. Any chance this is on Literotica?

For me I don’t know how much it was questioning as it was broadening or accepting. When I found myself divorced in the mid to late 30’s I met a woman that opened my eyes to a lot of things. In my teens I had the much cliched MM sleep over experiences, but once I started dating females I really pretended like that never happened.

As this woman and I became closer all boundaries fell away and she’s the only person (other than the participants) that knows about my young experiments. Not only did she make me see them in a different light, she also helped me acknowledge that I really enjoyed aspects of those experiences and wishing I could experience them again.

Sounds like you found your soul mate, happy for you two.

Does flirting with one gender come more naturally to you? Have you had to work on feeling more confident socially and sexually with either gender?

I find it easier to flirt with men than with women. I am typically self conscious when flirting, but I feel even more self conscious when flirting with women, or even just talking to women. In my mind, men notice a few things and tend to block out the rest, so if I say something weird or do something weird, I feel like they won't even notice, whereas I feel like women notice those small things more.

#2 Signals

Do you pick up signals equally from each end of the gender spectrum? Have you ever talked yourself out of recognizing a signal or been told later that "it was so obvious"?

I pick up signals equally in that I do not pick them up at all. Lol. Unless there is a blatant display (just short of neon lights), I will basically not catch on.

Happy Pride!!

#3 For those hetero passing bis, does your partner know you're bisexual? To clarify, if you're in a relationship with an opposite sex partner are you open with them about your bisexuality?

Yes, my husband knows, and has known our entire relationship, and for most of the time we've known each other. It is something that he has become more comfortable with in our time together, and is something that we can discuss far more openly now than we initially could.

Most of my attractions, same sex & opposite sex have been & currently are more sexual attraction than romantic attraction.

# 5

The first time I was kissed by another female made me start questioning my sexuality. She pinned me against a wall, kissed me, and walked away, so I was quite literally pushed into questioning. Lol

Do your sexual tastes/energy/kinks changes depending on the gender of your partner? Are you more of a top with other men but get ultra tender with more feminine energy? Do you get kinkier with someone of the same sex? Etc

(BTW - these questions get a little hard to phrase regarding gender/gender presenting ((especially at 6am)) but if anyone wants to PM me with better and more inclusive phrasing, I'm all about it. And please know, I'm trying my best!)

Do your sexual tastes/energy/kinks changes depending on the gender of your partner? Are you more of a top with other men but get ultra tender with more feminine energy? Do you get kinkier with someone of the same sex? Etc

(BTW - these questions get a little hard to phrase regarding gender/gender presenting ((especially at 6am)) but if anyone wants to PM me with better and more inclusive phrasing, I'm all about it. And please know, I'm trying my best!)

My sexual tastes/energy/kinks are (almost) completely fluid, I could change to accommodate whatever most partners would want from someone like me. I say "most" because I haven't actually been with an entirely gay partner and I don't think I could be a masculine man's man, though being a gurlfriend to a masculine male is an unrequited fantasy...:rolleyes: I don't think most gay men would be into me.

I've been with pretty princess type girls to self proclaimed "bull dykes" while being a hard and horny strictly top, to non-penetive lesbian-style fucking, to getting pegged, to being a safe and chaste all-night snuggler. I can be satisfied with any of three different kinds of orgasms or even none at all as long as I get around to it before long. I think I've only had blue-balls a couple of times in my life.

I've been with a few femmy guys and gurls in many ways but never sexually "around the world" or in an ongoing relationship. If I were ever single again I'd probably seek a queer boyfriend and some sort of poly/pan relationship.

I like feeling good and making people happy. I would love to give a gurl all of the best a man can give then turn around and switch roles, but I also love blowing a girl's mind with what I can do with all of her special places. And honestly, the few times that I've been one-on-one with a male I have missed the sweet smell and taste of pussy. :cattail:

Thanks for asking! :)

(No worries from me, PLP. Keeping track of pronouns can be tough when things get fluid, especially when writing enby stories. Call me whatever you're inspired to call me.)

"Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
Except for Lola
Lo lo lo lo Lola...."

(I once had a GF named Lola. :D )

Last edited:

No, these aspects of sexual practice do not change for me as a function of the gender of the partners I have had during the last 5 decades. I've found that the most basic unifying need for most humans is intimacy, not specific sexual practices. Knowing that from a very early age, I've happily adapted to the needs of my partners, and vice-versa.

My tastes absolutely change depending on my partner's gender.

With another man, it's all about having sex, and I want him to penetrate me with his cock. I love having him in my mouth, and I desperately want him in my ass (though I've somehow failed to take a cock up my ass so far). That's not to say I feel feminine, and I don't think I come across as femme. But I want a man to dominate me and to use me as he pleases. And forget the cuddly stuff. I want to be owned, to be his bitch.

With women, it's more complicated, but I can condense things down to two scenarios.

On the one hand, I like a fairly traditional approach, though I seem to like it softer and more cuddly than some men. What I mean is, I want to go slow with a woman, to savor each moment. To ease into it and enjoy every touch. I love the idea of a beautiful dinner with a fine wine that evolves into a long and languorous fuck. I want to chew on her nipples and eat her pussy before penetrating her mouth, pussy or ass. And then I want to fall asleep with her in my arms, except I snore, so that part's never going to go well.

The other scenario is a bit kinkier, because I want a woman or women to watch as a man fucks me. At first, the fantasy was to be forced into surrendering to the other man (at one point, I imagined a woman convincing me to have my penis pierced so she could chain me to the floor), but that part of the fantasy has faded as I've become more comfortable with my gay side. Now, I just want to be watched, even coached, by these women. Maybe a woman would spread my ass as the other man penetrates me, or perhaps she would hold my face in her hands, stare into my eyes and call me a faggot as I'm being fucked doggy style.

By the way, nothing wrong with your phrasing, unless I really misread your latest question.

Pops my head in.
Yeah, I think I need to find my way back here and answer questions.
*Subscribed*

With men, I am brattier and more submissive. With women, I am more dominant. My kinks still fall along the same lines for the most part, just vary in intensity based on my partner, not because of gender, but because of the trust built to stay on the proper sides of limits.

My tastes absolutely change depending on my partner's gender.

With another man, it's all about having sex, and I want him to penetrate me with his cock. I love having him in my mouth, and I desperately want him in my ass (though I've somehow failed to take a cock up my ass so far). That's not to say I feel feminine, and I don't think I come across as femme. But I want a man to dominate me and to use me as he pleases. And forget the cuddly stuff. I want to be owned, to be his bitch.

I'm with you there. I actually feel most masculine when a man is using me for his pleasure. I think that's what confused me most growing up - the only representation I saw of gay men were the swishy, fabulous types (or the hyper masculine gym rats). I never knew that so many ordinary, potbellied guys next door were interested in man on man action.

I don't want romance. I don't want to go to art galleries. I don't want to co-parent a French bulldog. I just want a man (or men) who wants to put his cock in me until he cums.

Totally dense

#2 Signals

I have missed obvious signals AND talked myself out of believing someone was interested. Unless I am told outright, and even then I won’t necessarily believe it, I won’t get the point.

Penthouse Variations

# 5

What started my questioning was the result of reading an issue of Penthouse Variations, and the story involved two men who began wrestling in the nude. I fully expected to have a female enter the story, but there wasn’t one, and what followed was confusion, embarrassment, shame, guilt, and questioning over my arousal. From that point on, I wondered if I could really consider myself as totally straight.

It took me a long time to admit, then accept my interests.

What started my questioning was the result of reading an issue of Penthouse Variations, and the story involved two men who began wrestling in the nude. I fully expected to have a female enter the story, but there wasn’t one, and what followed was confusion, embarrassment, shame, guilt, and questioning over my arousal. From that point on, I wondered if I could really consider myself as totally straight.

It took me a long time to admit, then accept my interests.

Those gay and bi Variations stories always made me cum so hard, but I didn't want to admit it.

My desires and attitude varies depending on who my partner(s) is at the moment. Although, I am always tender with the ladies...unless they have something else in mind. ;)

No… I have no romantic inclination when it cums to M/M sex. I didn’t see a naked man in the locker room and think; oh I’d like to enjoy the style sections with him, chose a paint color for his kitchen or suffer a romance movie. I wanted that ass; tongue first. When we were finished with Man sex. I’d go home, or he’d leave. If l wanted romance; I was interested in a relationship with a woman.

Not exactly a question but an assignment!

https://thethreepennyguignol.com/2017/06/03/basically-straight/

I thought this was a good read and I'm curious about your thoughts!

I agree. This was a good read. I think the writer speaks a lot of truth. As someone who isn't bi but is bi curious/ has bi tendencies, it can be be hard to shrug off that feeling of everyone rolling their eyes at you, that you don't identify 'properly ' or its insulting or offensive in some way to feel the way you feel.

I do think that everyone has their own internal prejudices, it's almost impossible not to. But as long as your recognise the fact, and call it out in yourself and others then it's all OK.

Labels are hard and we don't all fit into neat little boxes as much as we like to put ourselves there.

I agree. This was a good read. I think the writer speaks a lot of truth. As someone who isn't bi but is bi curious/ has bi tendencies, it can be be hard to shrug off that feeling of everyone rolling their eyes at you, that you don't identify 'properly ' or its insulting or offensive in some way to feel the way you feel.

I do think that everyone has their own internal prejudices, it's almost impossible not to. But as long as your recognise the fact, and call it out in yourself and others then it's all OK.

Labels are hard and we don't all fit into neat little boxes as much as we like to put ourselves there.

I totally agree. I've read some writing that classified sexual feelings and romantic feelings as separate things. i.e. Bisexual but Heteroromantic. And I think when you break things down even further it's easier to get to a "label" though it wouldn't be a useful one because it would be 10 ft long.

I think the hardest thing about being more open vs just keeping it to myself and my partners has been finding it hard to connect with women here as friends. I feel like it's assumed that I'm being serious and flirtatious when I'm just being silly and myself. So someone is going to roll your eyes at you no matter what! Might as well be yourself, I guess!

Thanks for sharing!

Back