nascar refusing certain gun ads, infuriating the gun industry

tenor.gif

I'm betting his expression is more like....
iffbsm9s6xt11.jpg

Not ascription you have to pick one or the other champ, can't have it both ways.

Yes I can. I can support the ban of certain equipment and Congress has the power, if not the courage, to legislate it.

Yes I can.

No....you can't.

You either ban semi-automatic guns, which means pretty much everything developed after 1877, or you accept AR-15's as civilian weapons.

I can support the ban of certain equipment and Congress has the power, if not the courage, to legislate it.

Yea....you can ban certain equipment. But unless that includes semi-automatic rifles? You'll have AR-15's and AK's among other "assault" weapons.

Good luck getting the SCOTUS to ban Semi-Automatics though....and thus there will be AR's and AK's. ;)

Last edited:
Maybe so. And maybe someone you love wil be part of a mass shooting. Who knows?

Awwwww get all spiteful....super mature.

Maybe they will, but I came to terms with myself and those around me dying from violence, disease and freak accidents as a part of living in the real world some 20 years ago. ;)

Maybe they will, but I came to terms with myself and those around me dying from violence, disease and freak accidents as a part of living in the real world some 20 years ago. ;)

Good for you. Smart folks who enjoy life immensely often look for ways to minimize the chances. I wish no ill on you or yours.

Smart folks who enjoy life immensely often look for ways to minimize the chances.

Of course.

But the ways for those to do so via government authority, THANKFULLY, are limited by the Constitution.

So sad for all the comrades. :(

What's concerning is that people are becoming comfortable with the notion that if AR-15's are eliminated mass shootings will be also. The sad truth is it will go on until we treat the disease and not just the symptom. If not an AR-15 then a glock-19 will do the trick. All the emotion is centered around an inanimate object. Going down the wrong path. Someone has to be very ill to kill people and then have enough hate left to turn the weapon on himself. People really need to think about that, kill than suicide, the weapon is only a mean to an end.

What's concerning is that people are becoming comfortable with the notion that if AR-15's are eliminated mass shootings will be also. The sad truth is it will go on until we treat the disease and not just the symptom. If not an AR-15 then a glock-19 will do the trick. All the emotion is centered around an inanimate object. Going down the wrong path. Someone has to be very ill to kill people and then have enough hate left to turn the weapon on himself. People really need to think about that, kill than suicide, the weapon is only a mean to an end.

I know....all rifles including "assault rifles" have never made up a full 3% of gun crime in the USA.

Gun violence in the USA is almost entirely pistol violence.

But it's hard to fear monger the gun illiterate out there over small caliber pistols....much easier to drum up a fear campaign among the ignorant over "scary" looking stuff so they can "feel" better.

Last edited:
Of course.

But the ways for those to do so via government authority, THANKFULLY, are limited by the Constitution.

So sad for all the comrades. :(

We’re not done testing the “absoluteness” of certain fundamental Constitutional rights.

Back